Official The Labor of Hallow's Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do I submit because when I click the link it says I cant respond to it. what do I do?
It’s open to everyone so it should allow submissions, unless your network has it blocked for some reason. You would need to check on your side, or try the link when you’re on a different network.

Ah yes, time to put my skills to the test… I assume that the other category is literally anything that has to do with Terraria and Halloween? Like real life builds too?

Would stuff from the blood moon also count? It seems like it would mesh with halloween to me, however I just want to make sure
Edit: Oh, also maybe from the solar eclipse aswell? There are enemies that refrence horror movies aswell during it? Would skeletron also count?

Last edited:
Would stuff from the blood moon also count? It seems like it would mesh with halloween to me, however I just want to make sure
Edit: Oh, also maybe from the solar eclipse aswell? There are enemies that refrence horror movies aswell during it? Would skeletron also count?
I don't know for sure, but as the Blood Moon and Solar eclipse both have horror related elements and could fit in with Halloween, I would think they're fair game.

Ah yes, time to put my skills to the test… I assume that the other category is literally anything that has to do with Terraria and Halloween? Like real life builds too?

No matter what category, your creation should be Halloween themed and connected with Terraria. If you made a real life world build that isn't a Pumpkin Carving, Costume, or drawing/painting, then yes it would be fine to submit to the other category.

The In-game category says to submit 5 images, do they all have to be part of the same build or can I do 5 different builds for each image?

They should be connected to the same build. For people that build massive creations like a small city for example, the 5 images makes it easier to display.

Good Evening, I have some questions about the guidelines:

This will be a new type of contest. Not only will members of the Terraria Community Forums (TCF) be able to participate. For this contest, we are also inviting participants from Twitter, Discord, and Steam! We want this contest to be a celebration of the entire Terraria Community as a whole, so whether you are a member of TCF, Twitter, Discord, or Steam, you'll have the opportunity to submit a spooky Halloween themed creation for this contest!
1. I am on Steam (GlasiaRoam23), TCF (Glasia) and Discord (Glasia#0908). Is it free for me which one to choose or one form has priority if you have multiple media?
Edit: To get the badge I will use tcf.

You will have your choice of 5 categories to submit to. No matter what category, this is a Terraria Halloween contest, so your entry should reflect both Halloween and Terraria for the best chance to win.

[...]
Artwork - Includes traditional drawing, painting, digital, and pixel artwork.
2. Does it suffice if my player character is in the drawing for fulfilling the terraria themed?

No plagiarism. Anyone found to be stealing another person's work will be instantly disqualified.
3. If I for example take a film poster or film scene image and then image edit it to make it more original (i. e. e. g. I add some EoC, an EoW and a player character e.g. in chlorophyte armor to the image, modify the texts, put filters, ...) and then in the submission cite the original image's source like in Harvard and provide the steps I did to get the more original image, will it be still plagiarism and grant me a DSQ?
Edit: In the form I didn't find a box to cite image inspiration sources incase I image edited an existing image.

4. Will I need to provide my home address right now before the judges start judging, incase I win, or only after the message that I won, incase I won?

5. Does this image meet the criteria?
20221007_182543.jpg

Glasia dragging Sauron to the nurse (no plagiarism detected with google reverse search Google) (Google)

(not submitting yet due to i have questions and after Oct. 17 I will have to really give gas bc I will travel till Oct 16).

I thank you for your answer

Greetings from Germany 🇩🇪
Glasia

Edit 2: spelling/wording errors

Edit 3: spelling errors, plagiate search result

Last edited:
Are we allowed to use official terraria sprites for our entries?

I'll get back to you on this later.

1. I am on Steam (GlasiaRoam23), TCF (Glasia) and Discord (Glasia#0908). Is it free for me which one to choose or one form has priority if you have multiple media?
Edit: To get the badge I will use tcf.

You can choose any platform to have associated with your entry, but you may only choose one. If you want to get the TCF title, you should use your TCF information.

2. Does it suffice if my player character is in the drawing for fulfilling the terraria themed?

Its fine to use your own character if you wish, provided the creation is Terraria related and is Halloween/Horror themed.

3. If I for example take a film poster or film scene image and then image edit it to make it more original (i. e. e. g. I add some EoC, an EoW and a player character e.g. in chlorophyte armor to the image, modify the texts, put filters, ...) and then in the submission cite the original image's source like in Harvard and provide the steps I did to get the more original image, will it be still plagiarism and grant me a DSQ?
Edit: In the form I didn't find a box to cite image inspiration sources incase I image edited an existing image.

If you want to use an existing film poster/scene image for inspiration. That's fine, but I advise against directly copying it and only making small changes. It still needs to be your own work. If it is found to be heavily based off an already existing image rather than something you created yourself, it could be disqualified.

4. Will I need to provide my home address right now before the judges start judging, incase I win, or only after the message that I won, incase I won?

No, you do not need to worry about providing anything like home address now. The winners and runner ups will be contacted through private means after the contest judging concludes. If you are one of them, we will reach out to you.

5. Does this image meet the criteria?

An image like that is suitable to be submitted for this contest.

coincidentally I was makeing a terraria costume for my friend. he is a player with hollowed armor and a mini shark! I am going as the lunitic cultes and my other friend is the guide. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom