Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
1667051384059.png
1667051471748.png

An odd Visual bug occurs within this structure where an NPC on the minimap is constantly popping to and fro per frame. This visual can't be captured as it literally happens per frame, so I used an editing program to recreate said visual. I moved in another NPC (the painter) to see if the bug affects other town NPCs, and it indeed does, so it's likely an issue with the build itself, but I can't say what exactly. The bug Doesn't occur when the NPC isn't sitting down, so maybe the gothic chair might be the clue(?)

To clarify, the visual bug only happens on the minimap. In-game they are perfectly fine.

Thanks for the report! I've gotten this in one of my worlds too, and it's been reported to the developers.

To clarify, the visual bug only happens on the minimap. In-game they are perfectly fine.
I think the NPCs really are rapidly moving between two locations. When I was checking this out before, I noticed that sometimes the NPC would be in position 1, and sometimes in position 2 (and they'd walk back to position 1) once they appeared on-screen again. But since it happens off-screen, we don't see the movement...

I think there is more to it than it happening off screen.

Had a Skeleton merchant do that too he was standing near me in a pool of water in cave and he was spazzing out both his sprite looked like vibrating fusion of two Skeleton merchants and his icon on map was in 2 places at once.

Sadly i wasn't able to capture this bug on screenshot cause for some reason it appears perfectly normal on screenshots.

Sadly i wasn't able to capture this bug on screenshot cause for some reason it appears perfectly normal on screenshots.
Yeah, it seems to flicker once per frame - too fast for most screen capturing software. :(
This was the best I could get:
Rapid NPC Flickering.gif

Back
Top Bottom