Terraria State of the Game - October 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like the Santa bunny has traded its Ms. Santa skirt for a shirt. Didn't want to sell bunny girl merch in order to keep it kid friendly, I assume.

I can no longer add modifiers to armour using TEdit; it saves OK but in game the modifiers aren't there. I know armour's not meant to have modifiers, but it was pivotal for the plot of my adventure map. Was this a deliberate thing or just something that happened by mistake?

I can no longer add modifiers to armour using TEdit; it saves OK but in game the modifiers aren't there. I know armour's not meant to have modifiers, but it was pivotal for the plot of my adventure map. Was this a deliberate thing or just something that happened by mistake?
Wait, what kind of modifyers were you able to add before? I'm interested.

Is 1.4.4.7 mobile in review process or you will wait this 1.4.4.8? pc to be made then submit 1.4.4.6-1.4.4.8? along with mobile exclusive changes? I can't wait for Legendary difficulty to become "official" for the 2 secret seeds :redspin:

Is 1.4.4.7 mobile in review process or you will wait this 1.4.4.8? pc to be made then submit 1.4.4.6-1.4.4.8? along with mobile exclusive changes? I can't wait for Legendary difficulty to become "official" for the 2 secret seeds :redspin:

The latter of your options.

So, since there are giant public servers & small private servers on PC Terraria? Well in the crossplay update, could we have those on console as well? Along with splitscreen + online for switch, & local.

Wait, what kind of modifyers were you able to add before? I'm interested.
In TEdit, you can take any item in a chest, item frame etc. and give it the same modifier as accessories. I had some warding dart traps for ages. But now, it's erased every time the world loads. It's messed up the progression of the sidequests in my map. Not a huge deal, but it did give an extra layer of immersion to the story.

In TEdit, you can take any item in a chest, item frame etc. and give it the same modifier as accessories. I had some warding dart traps for ages. But now, it's erased every time the world loads. It's messed up the progression of the sidequests in my map. Not a huge deal, but it did give an extra layer of immersion to the story.

The issue with this is that those same things were not isolated to TEdit and worlds such as you describe... but rather these items get created and handed out all over the place via similar programs that exist on PC and Mobile... creating absurd hack exploits that completely break the game. Widely available even to folks that do not use said tools... all you had to do was create a world, plop exploited items into chests and tell your friends to come pick some up.

So, if we have to err on one side or the other, these had to go. Sorry for the side effects. :(

The issue with this is that those same things were not isolated to TEdit and worlds such as you describe... but rather these items get created and handed out all over the place via similar programs that exist on PC and Mobile... creating absurd hack exploits that completely break the game. Widely available even to folks that do not use said tools... all you had to do was create a world, plop exploited items into chests and tell your friends to come pick some up.

So, if we have to err on one side or the other, these had to go. Sorry for the side effects. :(
No worries, I thought it was something like that. It won't be just my friends playing it though (hopefully), it will be open to everyone.

I've mostly got around it by tweaking the New Game + map anyway.

Although, if people want to cheat, isn't that their choice?

No worries, I thought it was something like that. It won't be just my friends playing it though (hopefully), it will be open to everyone.

I've mostly got around it by tweaking the New Game + map anyway.

Although, if people want to cheat, isn't that their choice?

To some extent, that argument has logical merit... but you have to set certain boundaries to keep the actual core vision of the game intact. It was widespread enough that it was reported quite a few times as being bothersome and over the line. If you follow that logical train to its endgame, why have balance at all? Why not just spawn with the Zenith at the start of the game? That is the level of broken this was.

This was our decision after discussion on the matter. Mods, etc. exist for those that want to explore outside of those boundaries (at least on PC).

Hello there! New here so not sure if this is the right place to ask.
I'm playing the US Terraria on my Switch while my daughter is playing on a JP Terraria with hers. We could play together fine last month but in November, an update pop up on my Switch. I'm on v1.4.4.5 Build 977 but my daughter is still on v1.4.4.1 Build 971 so now we can't play multiplayer.
Do you know when the Japanese version will be up to date with the US version?

Hello there! New here so not sure if this is the right place to ask.
I'm playing the US Terraria on my Switch while my daughter is playing on a JP Terraria with hers. We could play together fine last month but in November, an update pop up on my Switch. I'm on v1.4.4.5 Build 977 but my daughter is still on v1.4.4.1 Build 971 so now we can't play multiplayer.
Do you know when the Japanese version will be up to date with the US version?

We work with a separate publisher (Spike) in Japan, so sometimes there can be delays beyond the usual global releases there. I've asked DR if they have any ETA on when 1.4.4.5 will arrive on Switch JP. Keep in mind that this is likely to occur again until the hotfixes for v1.4.4 are done (which should hopefully be soon).

Hello Loki and thanks for the prompt response. I guess you are right. This is going to be happening on every new update. I wonder if there's a way for the Switch to play local co op without the need to connect to the internet. The reason I'm saying this is because I'm not sure if it's possible at the moment to play online when there's an update pending. I think if I refuse to update next time (so my daughter and I are at the same build) I might not be able to join the multiplayer mode.

Hello Loki and thanks for the prompt response. I guess you are right. This is going to be happening on every new update. I wonder if there's a way for the Switch to play local co op without the need to connect to the internet. The reason I'm saying this is because I'm not sure if it's possible at the moment to play online when there's an update pending. I think if I refuse to update next time (so my daughter and I are at the same build) I might not be able to join the multiplayer mode.

The good news is that this wave of hotfixes is about to be done (hopefully everyone will be back on par before too much longer)… and then if/when we get to the world of crossplay, things will have to remain even closer together out of necessity.

I know it’s not ideal, but it is pretty much unavoidable.

Well, that's good news then. Crossplay for Terraria would be amazing. I could go back to play Terraria on PC while my daughter stays on the Switch. Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom