Game Mechanics Mediumcore character item collection from tombstones

Frostreply

Official Terrarian
Hello everyone!

I am falling to the minority of players who love to play on mediumcore. The only big downside of that, when you die, and re-collect your items, you must re-organise your inventory. I would kindly ask for a solution to make this proccess not as frustrating.
Example solutions:
-When killed, the inventory contents are stored in the dropped tombstone, and can be recollected with mining. (all of the items re-appear in the inventory where they previously were)
-When killed, the player drops a "treasure bag" and can be re-collected and all the items remain in the same position.

I love the "frustration" when you die and drop your items, I just hate it, when I need to arrange my inventory, vanity, accessories and so on again, after dying.
Thank you for reading!

I love the "frustration" when you die and drop your items, I just hate it, when I need to arrange my inventory, vanity, accessories and so on again, after dying.
Machosism comes in many forms, huh?

Mediumcore is not for me, but I'm up for anything that makes it more endurable.

Only thing with the tombstone is that the tombstone needs to be guaranteed to be placed down, and if it fails, then you lost all your items instantly.
But I like the treasure bag idea.

Machosism comes in many forms, huh?

Mediumcore is not for me, but I'm up for anything that makes it more endurable.

Only thing with the tombstone is that the tombstone needs to be guaranteed to be placed down, and if it fails, then you lost all your items instantly.
But I like the treasure bag idea.
And have it persist when leaving and rejoining the world
And also have it not drop if you don't have any item in the inventory

The primary issue with "return everything back to where it was :]" suggestions is just that.. they don't account for the items you had to put on to go back to get your items.

While it would be fantastic if we got all our items in our shortcut bars back when we recover our items.. you have to put on backup gear to retrieve your old stuff first. What happens if your inventory was full and you got bonked while mining, for example?

Either way, I'd really like to see this solved... I really like Mediumcore as a concept since I think exploding into a loot shower is funny, but it really quickly falls apart when you get into things like multiplayer, invasion events, re-gearing, etc. No amount of QoL is going to make Mediumcore playable if you die once during Frost/Pumpkin Moons since there's going to be next to no way to get your gear back at all due to a lack of ability to get to your backup gear.

Being the sole Mediumcore in a multiplayer session is a fantastic way to mess with your friends and force you to carry fewer items on you, though.

Love this idea as someone who plays lots of medium core it would save a ton of pain

I really like this idea. You should ask Red on twitter if he could implement this feature in the future, if not this would be great for a mod
I love the idea behind mediumcore but having to retrieve your items on the same session you lost them is very annoying, and if you quit your game they all disappear,
so having the ability to access gravestone inventories or an item bag that stays where you died even after closing the game would be a Great addition :merchantpassionate:

Back
Top Bottom