Weapons & Equip Fury Gear: True Melee Gear

neoselket

Ice Queen
Fury armor would be a post-golem armor set that would enable true melee. What is true melee? It is when you have a weapon that does X melee damage, but doesn't shoot a projectile of any kind. "Melee" weapons which shoot projectiles:

Death Sickle
Terra Blade
Boomerangs
Flairon
Paladin's Hammer
Vampire Knives
Scourge of the Corruptor
etc.

Weapons like this are not truly melee as they shoot projectiles. Unless the entire weapon is attached to you at all times, it isn't truly melee, although the game considers it so. For instance, the Terra Blade is now really the Terra Lasergun. Without using ranged type "melee" weapons, it is almost impossible to survive a Pumpkin or Frost Moon. I am a melee character, but I usually use a megashark for events or bosses, because it's basically impossible otherwise. This is my solution.

Fury ore
An ore that spawns in the Underworld the first 5 times Plantera is killed. Can only be mined with a Picksaw. Spawns more in the lower Underworld.

Fury bar
crafted from 5 fury ore at an adamantite forge.

Fury helmet
20 defense
crafted from 13 fury bars and 10 souls of might at a mythril anvil

Fury chestplate
40 defense
crafted from 20 fury bars and 15 souls of might at a mythril anvil

Fury greaves
20 defense
crafted from 15 fury bars and 13 souls of might at a mythril anvil
set bonus: double melee damage. 50% extra melee damage, 30% extra melee speed and 20% extra critical strike chance. permanent endurance buff. Prevents melee weapons from shooting projectiles. Because of this, boomerangs and vampire knives are useless. that proved unpopular, now they still attack, but only deal base item damage as listed without damage bonuses, and are incapable of critical strikes. partial melee weapons like the terra blade still work as normal, but don't shoot projectiles. Scourge of the Corruptor is now a spear, with 3 tiny eaters orbiting the head. scourge of the corruptor has normal attack style. Ranged and magic damage reduced by 10%, ranged and magic damage now are incapable of critical strikes.

This may seem OP, but try using only melee weapons in a pumpkin or frost moon. That doesn't count "melee" weapons which shoot projectiles.

player with full armor:

Fury blade
100 melee damage
slow speed
a spear type weapon that, when fully extended, can be swung around by aiming the mouse. Similar in attack style to a Chainsaw, but longer.
crafted with 11 fury bars at a mythril anvil

or

Fury blade
100 melee damage
fast speed(use time 26) broadsword type weapon. you swing it.
no projectile
crafted with 11 fury bars at a mythril anvil

something else i thought up, maybe optional:

True Fury blade
150 melee damage
very fast speed (use time 13)
no projectile
broadsword attack animation
crafted with a Fury blade and a Broken Hero Sword at a mythril anvil
autoswing

fury battleaxe
110 melee damage
autoswing, works like excalibur.
100% axe power
fast speed(use time 25)
Crafted with 14 Fury Bars at a mythril anvil

Flask of Fury.png

Flask of Fury
Melee attacks lower enemies knockback resistance by 10%

All fury weapons ignore knockback resistance of everything but bosses. Minibosses too, so you can knockback a Mourning Wood or Everscream.

by the way, the fury blade design was based on the broken hero sword.

Fury Flail.png

Fury Flail
100 Melee Damage
Crafted with 13 Fury bars at a Mythril anvil

Attachments

• fury ore.PNG
    fury ore.PNG
    286 bytes · Views: 474
  • fury bar.png
    fury bar.png
    368 bytes · Views: 461
  • fury helmet.png
    fury helmet.png
    358 bytes · Views: 450
  • fury chestplate.PNG
    fury chestplate.PNG
    343 bytes · Views: 468
  • fury greaves.PNG
    fury greaves.PNG
    268 bytes · Views: 493
  • fury blade.PNG
    fury blade.PNG
    505 bytes · Views: 515
  • player with fury armor.PNG
    player with fury armor.PNG
    579 bytes · Views: 491
  • fury helmet.png
    fury helmet.png
    406 bytes · Views: 488
  • true fury blade.png
    true fury blade.png
    591 bytes · Views: 670
  • Fury Battleaxe.png
    Fury Battleaxe.png
    695 bytes · Views: 607
Last edited:
Good suggestion,but by true melee theory True night's edge cant be a true melee sword which is kind of irony :p.

Well as your suggestion suggests True melee dont shoot projectiles and night's edge shoots green spining sword projectile.

the armor prevents melee weapons from shooting projectiles.
I don't think you get the Irony of this.

You say "True" melee weapons do not fire projectiles, but all the "True swords" (true Excalibur and Night's Edge) fire projectiles.

Anyway, I can't agree with the nerfing of all the other weapons. I'd say the double damage bonus doesn't apply to projectile based melee weapons. And what's with the - 70% damage for magic and ranged? Terraria never limits you like that.

Also, Way too much defense. Beetle shell , the current top tank armor, has only 73 defense.

Well yea that part i dont like as much in this since because i like Sotc and otger projectile melee so i dont think i can wear this armor if it gets implimented.Because some weapons are not avoidable in game and they are melee projectile weapons.
Edit:As milt posted above and ninjad e :D

milt: I get the "true" irony, but it doesn't actually apply, as one effect of wearing the fury armor prevents melee weapons (Like the Terra Blade) from shooting projectiles. Also, i put the ranged and magic damage debuff in to prevent mages or rangers from wearing the armor just for the defense, and being safe by shooting at enemies from a distance while still having tons of defense in case something got close.

bluewolf: if you want to use the SotC, you can just use turtle or beetle armor. the Fury Armor is for people who want to get up close to their enemies and not shoot projectiles, like melee characters did in 1.1(Minus starfury), and still have enough defense to survive the massive damage being close to enemies deals.

You don't understand the Terraria class system very well, do you?

In general, the terraria community despises anything that limits you to a certain attack style. Look at the existing (mid-endgame) armors. All of them FAVOR a certain type of attack, yes, but none of them PUNISH you for using the others. I can be wearing Beetle Shell and still wield a Chain gun if I want to, or if the situation demands it.

Not only that, but you managed to kill off some of the best endgame melee weapons while you were at it.
I mean:
Vampire Knives
Scourge of the Corrupter
Horseman's Blade
Christmas Tree Sword
Paladin's Hammer, Possessed Hatchet (Along with every other boomerang)
Flairon/Golem's Fist/all other flails/punching weapons
North Pole
Death Sickle

Do you think this armor set would even be fun to play with? I certainly don't. I spent the first third of the game swinging boring swords around already. From cave to house to cave.

By the way, still not entirely sure you get the irony. You're claiming "true melee" is when you have nothing but a sword, no projectiles whatsoever. Yet EVERYTHING that's labeled "True" in terraria fires a projectile... which makes me wonder WHERE exactly you pulled the idea and definition of "True melee" from.

You don't understand the Terraria class system very well, do you?

In general, the terraria community despises anything that limits you to a certain attack style. Look at the existing (mid-endgame) armors. All of them FAVOR a certain type of attack, yes, but none of them PUNISH you for using the others. I can be wearing Beetle Shell and still wield a Chain gun if I want to, or if the situation demands it.

Not only that, but you managed to kill off some of the best endgame melee weapons while you were at it.
I mean:
Vampire Knives
Scourge of the Corrupter
Horseman's Blade
Christmas Tree Sword
Paladin's Hammer, Possessed Hatchet (Along with every other boomerang)
Flairon/Golem's Fist/all other flails/punching weapons
North Pole
Death Sickle

Do you think this armor set would even be fun to play with? I certainly don't. I spent the first third of the game swinging boring swords around already. From cave to house to cave.

By the way, still not entirely sure you get the irony. You're claiming "true melee" is when you have nothing but a sword, no projectiles whatsoever. Yet EVERYTHING that's labeled "True" in terraria fires a projectile... which makes me wonder WHERE exactly you pulled the idea and definition of "True melee" from.

By true melee he means in real life true melee weapons don't shoot things.

Ya know what? I was going to take out the projectiles from end game swords in my mod and just buff them and add a special touch....but now....now it doesn't seem like such a good idea :D

Considering that all the melee vs true melee bit is being debated over already, I'll just point out one good reason as to why this is not something I would want.

An end-game ore, specific to exactly one playstyle. I dunno about the rest, but something about that rankles deep inside. That sort of thing should've ended in PHM, which is further enhanced that no ores are specific to one class(barring summoner right now) in HM. This is a regression in handling ores, not progression.

Before you point out shroomite/beetle/spectre, I have to say that all those use the basic material of chlorophyte.

first, the reason i lowered ranged and magic damage was to prevent people from using weapons from afar, reducing how much risk of getting hurt there was, while also having super high defense. the high defense was neccesary to prevent getting slaughtered by the many event enemies that deal tons of damage up close, like the mourning wood, headless horseman, everscream etc. the reason i made the armor was because i missed the classic playstyle of hitting things with a sword. nowadays, people just used the projectile melee weapons, or shoot beams with the terra blade, they dont use actual melee weapons.

freenight said, "an endgame ore, specific to exactly one playstyle." that's because there is nothing else for this playstyle. beetle armor is currently the best melee armor, but it doesn't allow you to use actual melee weapons because the defense is too low. you still have to use projectiles to survive.

lom2: "you managed to kill off the best melee weapons." you'll notice all of those are projectiles. the scourge of the corruptor is like a gun, but it does melee damage. that doesn't really make sense. also, this armor is for people who want to use swords and spears rather than projectiles. also, flails still work, they just dont shoot projectiles. no one uses pure melee swords in the endgame, this fixes that.

also, the ranged and magic damage nerf is balanced by the fact that the armor grants double melee damage to the weapons that do still work.

Last edited:
I would totally rock this armor with a cutlass full support, shame most people here apparently need their melee to be ranged lol
It isn't the part about melee weapons not having a projectile, It's about the nerfing. No armors in game restrict play style, It's one of the things that make Terraria, Terraria. What if Beetle armor prevented the use of spears? Or Turtle armor required flails to work? Having an armor set that is completely limited to one play style doesn't go well with what Terraria has currently.

An ore that spawns in the Underworld the first 5 times Plantera is killed
How about after you kill the golem, because you can only get beetle armor before after you kill Plantera. Also, heres the thing that really salted the wounds.
set bonus: double melee damage. Prevents melee weapons from shooting projectiles. Because of this, boomeranges and vampire knives are useless. Scourge of the Corruptor is now a spear. Ranged and magic damage reduced by 70%.

Okey, seriously, double melee damage?
M= Melee Damage of the Fury Sword
A= Accessory Buffs
M2xA= A possible damage per swing of about 250+

Also, why ruin vampire knives, boomerangs, and changing the Scourge of Corruption to a spear? Also, changing ranged and magic damage to 70% is a bit much, if at all.
I can respect a true melee class, but people like to switch it up.

It isn't the part about melee weapons not having a projectile, It's about the nerfing. No armors in game restrict play style, It's one of the things that make Terraria, Terraria. What if Beetle armor prevented the use of spears? Or Turtle armor required flails to work? Having an armor set that is completely limited to one play style doesn't go well with what Terraria has currently.
So let me get this straight, you wanna put on the beat stick armor then grab a gun? Or a spellbook? I thought that was the best part about this suggestion, i wonder if you'd also play dark souls 2 at level 838 so you wouldn't feel restricted?

it does that because right now there is very little support for weapons that are just melee, as the best one is the keybrand. if i didn't nerf it, people would say it was OP, and they would be right.

snail: yes, the per swing damage would be pretty high, but you cant use real melee effectively without high damage. i believe i've mentioned this before. i nerfed the projectiles because i want this to be purely melee.that's sorta the point.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight, you wanna put on the beat stick armor then grab a gun? Or a spellbook? I thought that was the best part about, i wonder if you'd also play dark souls 2 at level 838 so you wouldn't feel restricted?
That made no sense. First off, almost every class uses vampire knives, even though its melee. Every class also uses the golden shower too. Oh and check out the summons! Every class can use summoner staves! Also check out the avenger and destroyer emblem.

This game does not restrict play. It only allows you to specialize in the field you enjoy most. It doesn't restrict you to use a specific weapon.

Specialization=/=restriction

Back
Top Bottom