Other GREENGLASIA seed (no evil biomes and no hallow => extra challenges)

Glasia🌳

Living Tree
The seed name is GREENGLASIA (no matter if caps or not)

In this seed there is no way to get the world evils or hallow:
* The world has no evils and will not have any hallowed in HM, only forest, jungles, oceans and shortened snow snd desert biomes
* Hallowed/Evil V shape from WoF does not spawn upon 1st defeat
* No evil or hallowed seeds / solutions are sold, in blood moon Steampunker does not sell any evil solutions and dryad does not sell any evil seeds
* Dungeon will be green always
* demons can spawn in forests every 4th blood moon, in HM also red devils if a mech is down
* Dryad will not answer cleaniness queries, so no pure world achievements in GREENGLASIA worlds
* Demon altars are in normal underground randomly spread
* Hellstone is bombable but less gets bombed by bombs than dirt would be

There will be more challenges, get mech boss summons via killing mobs, chance increased to 1/250, if one mech is down, in that world the mech summon drops still but less often. Souls of night/light will not be gettable, thus increasing challenge to gear up in HM. To get into HM you will have to skip the evil bosses.

I will improve my suggestion over time

Why smaller snow and deserts? It would make more sense for them to be a bit bigger to compensate for the missing biome. And you need to remove evil seeds from Eye of Cthulhu drop list and some biome chests from the dungeon.

Also, the mech boss summons could still be craftable. Aren't there alternative or exclusive crafting recipes in some of the special seeds? I forget. If not, one or more of the hardmode NPCs could sell some thingy(s) exclusively in this seed that's used to craft the mech boss summons in place of Souls of Light/Night.

I like new seed concepts, and this one does seem a bit interesting to me so it definitely makes me want to try a potential playthrough on it. Do you have any ideas for demonite/crimtane's replacement though, along with how meteors could spawn in since EoW/BoC aren't there? Also, do you have any ideas on how this would change the getfixedboi Seed?
Why smaller snow and deserts? It would make more sense for them to be a bit bigger to compensate for the missing biome. And you need to remove evil seeds from Eye of Cthulhu drop list and some biome chests from the dungeon.

Also, the mech boss summons could still be craftable. Aren't there alternative or exclusive crafting recipes in some of the special seeds? I forget. If not, one or more of the hardmode NPCs could sell some thingy(s) exclusively in this seed that's used to craft the mech boss summons in place of Souls of Light/Night.
I agree on all of this as well, but half of the biome chests being removed is a bit harsh. Maybe 2 snow, 2 desert, and 2 jungle chests?

I like new seed concepts, and this one does seem a bit interesting to me so it definitely makes me want to try a potential playthrough on it. Do you have any ideas for demonite/crimtane's replacement though, along with how meteors could spawn in since EoW/BoC aren't there? Also, do you have any ideas on how this would change the getfixedboi Seed?
* EOC will drop small quantities of Dynamic Green Ore in this shade: ■■■■. This ensures that you need still to grind. This will be distinguishable from Chlorophyte and Mythril as Mythril has a more teal hue and chlorophyte a more lime hue. This Dynamic Green Ore can only be used on GREENGLASIA worlds as on other worlds Green Pickaxes etc will have no stats and that ore will not sell. The seeds the EOC drops are normal grass seeds.
* Meteorite spawns after skeletron was beaten.
* On the getfixedboi seed the demons spawn every 4th blood moon and the dynamic green ore works there too. Dryad will there not tell the corruption percentage. EOC will drop dynamic green ore in getfixedboi additionally to crimtane/demonite.

I agree on all of this as well, but half of the biome chests being removed is a bit harsh. Maybe 2 snow, 2 desert, and 2 jungle chests?
* I agree with the 2 desert, jungle and snow chests each
* Now it makes sense to make desert and snow a bit bigger: to be able to beat deerclops and a possible desert boss. EOC will not drop on GREENGLASIA world evil seeds

It could be a possibility that if twice as many mobs were beaten as the denominator in the 1/250 in the OP says, the mech boss summons are sold by wizard. Wizard will only spawn in Hardmode anyways.

* EOC will drop small quantities of Dynamic Green Ore in this shade: ■■■■. This ensures that you need still to grind. This will be distinguishable from Chlorophyte and Mythril as Mythril has a more teal hue and chlorophyte a more lime hue. This Dynamic Green Ore can only be used on GREENGLASIA worlds as on other worlds Green Pickaxes etc will have no stats and that ore will not sell. The seeds the EOC drops are normal grass seeds.
What's the purpose of this new ore, exactly? Why not just keep the Crimtane/Demonite drops from EoC and the random veins of those ores that are placed during worldgen? Or maybe remove all sources of those two ores from the world altogether.
* Meteorite spawns after skeletron was beaten.
How about no Meteorite? To stay in the theme of making things harder by removing content.

problems aside, it do sounds like an interesting challange, that makes one think again about what we know about the game and progression.

as for that "dynamic green ore" I dunno about that though... it sounds like a bit weird to add something just for a special seed... I mean it is possible but still why...
technically, it would be possible - and even more challanging, just also very grindy - to do without being able to mine hellstone pre-hardmode.
since you couldn't mine it without nightmare/deathbringer pickaxe, but it's not like you necessarily need hellstone...
you could get some cobalt/palladium via fishing in hardmode you can craft pickaxe from to mine, hellstone, and higher tier stuff - alternative hold back on that until post 3 mech bosses, when you can craft a pickaxe axe/drax, but that means you would have to face those in pre-hardmode armors - or spider armor at max. as crystal assasin set is also impossible to get since you can't fight queen slime either.

trying to imagine how such a playthrough would go... (assuming there's no tool to mine hellstone)
I suppose, mage class - or maybe summoner or ranger class - would be good... hmm... I mean, initially thought melee will suffer having hellstone armor locked, but so will summoner having obsidian outlaw armor locked (due to lack of tissue samples/shadow scales). ranger do can make necro armor, but it will have trouble starting up, since you have no way to acquire the undertaker/musket, so you need to find a boomstick to have the arms dealer move in.

this means you need to dive into the jungle either way. or the ice caverns for flinx fur for summoner, but the ridicolously powerful pre-bosses mage "starter" gear would be still easy to get. what I mean, amber staff and jungle armor. nevertheless, mage will suffer from the lack of ways to acquire a band of starpower, so would need to rely on mana regen potions or mana flower (ugh...) ...speaking of potions, it sounds scary to be at the mercy of sheer luck finding deathweed seeds in a herb bag, as getting deathweed sounds otherwise impossible...

pre-harmode would mostly go normal though I think, except no EoW/BoC, and thus everything from shadow orbs/crimson hearts, and shadow scales/tissue samples are impossible to get, like the void bag & void vault. no meteor either, but that's not a very big concern maybe. also... no tavernkeep?
you also need a dungeon that generated normal, as you will have no way to mine dungeon bricks pre-hardmode without molten pickaxe.

otherwise sounds like you could get to WoF alright. then... in hardmode, I guess you need to pay no attention to spreading, which saves you a bit of a headache with any countermeasures.
spider caves are a thing, so spider armor allows to get a hardmode armor, if you chosen summoner, or can go fishing for crates to get hardmode ores - as without molten pickaxe, there's no point smashing altars prior to getting a cobalt/palladium pickaxe.

no magic tomes (golden shower/crystal storm/cursed flames), greater mimic drops, anything from soul of night/light, queen slime drops...
wings are possible to get, but only a few, so it's going to be grindy if you're unlucky (e.g. getting a giant harpy feather)
...this kind of makes me wonder what would be some good weapons against the mech bosses...?

after that though, you can have hallowed armor, and mine clorophyte, to get some weapons maybe, or you can get some from stuff like a solar eclipse. it should be somehow possible to defeat plantera, and then golem too, and at that point, it sounds mostly normal progression with the late game events/bosses.
it should be possible to complete the game, though filling out the bestiary sounds impossible (without bringing stuff to artifically create evil biomes)

Hmm... probably forgot about a bunch of stuff though...

Actually that would be better - evil ore should be in veins like gold etc. and samples/scales are dropped by EoC in little quantities so it is grindy.

About the meteorites I must think later as the lunch break ends soon.

Actually that would be better - evil ore should be in veins like gold etc. and samples/scales are dropped by EoC in little quantities so it is grindy.

About the meteorites I must think later as the lunch break ends soon.
even if the quantity is little, and you would have to rematch EoC several times, that still would allow you to get several items that normally are a bit later in progression...

evil ore mining should drop with a lower chance the sample instead, on GREENGLASIA. Also with a lower chance after EOC is dead crates on GREENGLASIA drop evil samples. You have also to gather baits to fish.

evil ore mining should drop with a lower chance the sample instead, on GREENGLASIA. Also with a lower chance after EOC is dead crates on GREENGLASIA drop evil samples. You have also to gather baits to fish.
confused... you mean, e.g, mining crimtane ore has a chance to drop tissue sample instead?
then you wouldn't even necessarily need to defeat any boss to be able to get a nightmare/deathbringer pickaxe...?
I mean, crimtane ore in the world is rare, but with some luck, it would be possible.

but definitely possible after EoC, if you say you can get if from fishing. I mean, that would be grindy, but otherwise easy.
gathering bait is not really a problem, just go hunting worms on a rainy day, and do a few angler quests, you will get more bait from crates too. it's grindy and time-consuming, but not at all difficult.

Make the low drop chance of samples when mining evil ores on GREENGLASIA only occur after eoc was defeated. So pre boss there is no way to get samples.

Make the low drop chance of samples when mining evil ores on GREENGLASIA only occur after eoc was defeated. So pre boss there is no way to get samples.
and how would players normally realise that (without looking it up on the wiki or something)?
do you normally mine crimtane occuring in the wild, after EoC is down? EoC drops crimtane, so I don't normally bother mining it post EoC, because EoC already drops some. and normally so do BoC too, but that would not be so in this.
but other might mine crimtane post EoC. do you?

do you normally mine crimtane occuring in the wild, after EoC is down? EoC drops crimtane, so I don't normally bother mining it post EoC, because EoC already drops some. and normally so do BoC too, but that would not be so in this.
but other might mine crimtane post EoC. do you?
Then no bigger evil ore veins are needed as eoc drops the ore.

and how would players normally realise that (without looking it up on the wiki or something)?
Maybe the guide can say in his tips that on this world samples swim in the water.

Back
Top Bottom