**REPORTED** Almost invincible by healing with potions but without cooldown

SGKoishi

Skeletron Prime
Use an item with long animation (e.g. hammer), and switch to heal potion during use. This will cause the potion to be consumed, and the player gets healed, without being restricted by potion sickness debuff, and without even getting the debuff.

Additional info:
The Terraria.Player.ItemCheck_CheckCanUse and Terraria.Player.ApplyPotionDelay is not in the same block as Terraria.Player.ApplyLifeAndOrMana. They should be moved together.

Thanks for the report! I’ve gotten the mobile-specific repro logged in our tracker.

Thanks for the report! I’ve gotten the mobile-specific repro logged in our tracker.
Similar things (with the same steps) also happen to other items.
For example, use a short animation thing and switch to another powerful slow weapon while using, players can use that slow weapon at a high speed.
Using an auto weapon and switching to a fishing pole in place will shoot multiple fishing lines.

Similar things (with the same steps) also happen to other items.
For example, use a short animation thing and switch to another powerful slow weapon while using, players can use that slow weapon at a high speed.
Using an auto weapon and switching to a fishing pole in place will shoot multiple fishing lines.
Would I be able to get a video of this glitch being performed? I've attempted this with a few different auto weapons (including vortex beater, which I know used to have problems along these lines in prior updates), but was unable to get what you've described to happen.

Would I be able to get a video of this glitch being performed? I've attempted this with a few different auto weapons (including vortex beater, which I know used to have problems along these lines in prior updates), but was unable to get what you've described to happen.
The fishing line requires slow animation like a hammer. Put the hammer in slot 1 and use it, keep the attack button pressed, open inventory, take the fishing pole from slot 2 and put it in slot 1 (replace the hammer), and multiple lines were thrown.

PMed. There is also another glitch exists for a long time, which allows item duplication using multiple chests - but I'm not sure if it's reported or fixed or not

Just remembered there is another multiplayer crashing exploit cause the client to freeze, with no response - (if you are still reading this forum).

The fishing line requires slow animation like a hammer. Put the hammer in slot 1 and use it, keep the attack button pressed, open inventory, take the fishing pole from slot 2 and put it in slot 1 (replace the hammer), and multiple lines were thrown.
Was able to get this to happen too - looks like it stems from the same healing potions issue, so I’ve just gone through and updated our ticket slightly.

Just remembered there is another multiplayer crashing exploit cause the client to freeze, with no response - (if you are still reading this forum).
Sure, I can take a look at that if you’d like

But on the pad it doesn't seem to work because you say the fight button has to be pressed and when we fight the lt doesn't work until the trigger is released.
These bugs are fatal, including the fact that this rain stops working when you leave.
I don't know how many people are working on the mobile version but it saddens me that the bugs are not fixed on the fly and will probably be released in patch 1.4.5.
Which leaves mobile terraria a somewhat broken product relative to the pc version. I was especially disappointed that after the version it says "build XXX", which can be taken to mean that updates may be more frequent but with minor fixes and still the same version of the game. The only thing I dream of in life is that Terraria is available, cross-platform, stable for all currently supported platforms and especially mobile. Here, unfortunately, you need to polish the hell out of it.
I have 220 hours behind me, I checked various configurations and I have to say that if someone wants to play Terraria and immediately get the maka detail settings and 60 fps is min.6GB ram and snap 720 is the minimum and the game even without autosave can crunch when something happens in the system.
From this 6gb ram today I am left with only 1.7gb for terraria such times we have lived to see. As the system had something is drops to 20 frames for 3 seconds and returns to 60. Now 1.4 is the same situation for phones (well almost the same) as the jump from 1.2 to 1.3 which made for many people the game had a few fps and ran in slow motion.
I'm hoping for some kind of update to this weather and those pots you guys are talking about it seems to me that the priority of this is high because it spoils the gameplay and adds simplifications that are in the thick of combat Impossible to avoid especially if you are stressed out.

I would also add that this splash screen should no longer exist because it looks tragic. It's about the logos of 505 Games Relogic and Dr.Studios right after the launch of the game. Nowadays, it's joined by first a black screen with a thumbnail of Terraria at the beginning which was introduced by some version of android. So we have 2 ugly static blinks at the start. The screen with the companies logo should affect the screen from darkness and not suddenly appear like a screenshoot and disappear. The output should also be smooth.
Someday relogic will stop supporting terraria and every platform should get the most polished version. Even if the price goes up 100%.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom