PC nurse death count acting weird/death count randomly merging when in multiplayer

vessal

Skeletron Prime
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
so, i loaded up my world. and the nurse said I died 6656 times despite me only dieing 3 times in this playthrough. so far
1675528288095.png
i think when someone else makes a character of the same name as someone else it still keeps their deaths. idk, if possible, to fix. it's kind of minor just letting you know this issue happened to someone.

Deaths are stored in the player file. Could you upload your player file here? Also, judging by your comments, this is multiplayer, but you have selected singleplayer in this post?

Deaths are stored in the player file. Could you upload your player file here? Also, judging by your comments, this is multiplayer, but you have selected singleplayer in this post?
the world is singleplayer yes i went into a server to get an anchor so idk if you can flair as both.
also, here's the character files idk if your allowed to share if not welp.
edit fixed to both for type of play.

Attachments

• anchor_man.plr
    3.6 KB · Views: 27
  • anchor_man.plr.bak
    3.6 KB · Views: 21
Yep this file has 6662 PvE and 27392 PvP deaths recorded, this might be the same issue that other people have reported in which those two counts become corrupted.

Yep this file has 6662 PvE and 27392 PvP deaths recorded, this might be the same issue that other people have reported in which those two counts become corrupted.
still corrupted files are still concerning and should still be looked into. also how did someone get 27k pvp deaths lol
updated thread.

I haven't reverse engineered this part of the character file saving, but it could be that there is simply a slight typo in the version checks which causes the game to load the wrong data as the two death counters. Doesn't have to be full file corruption, considering that the file loads just fine in this case.

Back
Top Bottom