The Last Post Wins!

Aha. Math.

1) If f(x)=sin(x), write the equation after applying the following transformations:
  • Amplitude of 3.
  • Phase Shift π/2 units left
  • Midline Shift 7 units up.
f(x) = 3sin(x+π/2) + 7

2) Graph the equation in question 1 after all transformations have been applied.
*Can’t graph rn-*

3) Write the domain of tan(x/2)
x != π + 2πn,
Where n is any integer.
*Watch this be so wrong*

4) Let x+π=5. Is x irrational? Explain.
Yez. Pi is a transcendental (irrational) number as well, hence no rational number can be added to it that will result in a rational number such as 5.
I don’t like questions like these-

I mean you didn't do one of them and I think that was the equation of the asymptotes and not the domain I think, I'm not certain. But you get full marks anyway for actually doing it.
EDIT: Unless that was meant to be ≠ and not |.

Still feel like a test that gives you a question marked out of sine or cosine where you actually need to intentionally fail the question to get a mark would make a good april fools test.

I mean you didn't do one of them and I think that was the equation of the asymptotes and not the domain I think, I'm not certain. But you get full marks anyway for actually doing it.
EDIT: Unless that was meant to be ≠ and not |.
Yeah, != was meant to be ≠. I used the python equivalent since idk how to make the crossed through equal sign-

I mean technically it could be considered wrong anyway because {x| ____ , x∈ _}
I don't think I ever really learned that notation for expressing domain.

Still feel like a test that gives you a question marked out of sine or cosine where you actually need to intentionally fail the question to get a mark would make a good april fools test.
Sounds about right.

Helo there
:p

*Disappears immediately bc stuff to do*

(Pen again, too lazy for text colors)
Two things
1:
This is for some reason how I imagine Etch's voice
2:
Literally Phyllon's main theme and nobody can change my mind

index.php

Back