Flying Dragon sword firing at a downward angle when firing true left or true right

havok6669

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Controller (please specify type)
The Flying Dragon swords projectile is firing at a downward angle when trying to aim true left or true right. It is not supposed to be affected by gravity drop and none of my other projectile weapons like Terra Blade or Megashark that are supposed to fire in a straight line behave in this way.
image02.png
image02.pngimage01.pngimage.png
With all of these weapons I am aiming straight to the left and only the Flying Dragon projectile doesn't travel straight left.
I am playing on the latest steam version on pc windows 10 home vanilla with no mods.
I am playing with a playstation 4 dual shock controller plugged in to the usb.
When I use the mouse the cursor fires at the mouse correctly. When I use the controller and fire true left or right with the manual target or smart cursor both it always fires at this downward angle. This is the only weapon that behaves like this so far as i have noticed every other weapon that fires projectiles unaffected by gravity behave as expected and when firing directly left or right fire in a straight line with no drop. Flails projectile swords magic weapons etc.
If I lock on with the weapon it does fire at the target correctly as well. If I am running along the ground however trying to fire projectiles at expected enemies before I get into lock on range it just fires uselessly into the ground under them unless I manually aim upwards or can get a lock on.

if i remember correctly, the flying dragon's projectile spawns slightly above the player, so while other projectiles are firing completely straight, flying dragon tilts downwards because, to the projectile, you are aiming downwards

if i remember correctly, the flying dragon's projectile spawns slightly above the player, so while other projectiles are firing completely straight, flying dragon tilts downwards because, to the projectile, you are aiming downwards
So this is intended behaviour for it using a controller then? seems a bit odd for it to do this. Certainly makes the weapon much less useful while using the controller.

So this is intended behaviour for it using a controller then? seems a bit odd for it to do this. Certainly makes the weapon much less useful while using the controller.

don't get me wrong, while the projectile is doing what it's intended to do, what it's intended to do might just be... wrong. it's entirely possible that flying dragon's projectile is supposed to be centered, but isn't for some reason

Back
Top Bottom