Terraria State of the Game - March 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh nice, a STOG I was getting antsy in wondering when one would be released, again Im sorry for the loss of your friend and colleague, Loki and everyone else, sometimes his name comes up in my head and I think hes still with us then I sadly remember hes not around anymore which makes me sad, as I liked the guy myself.

I know he was integral with testing and porting Terraria to the Console and Mobile versions, I hope his passing does not hamper that too much and I am not saying that in a nasty way mind.

Also well done Crowno I like redesigned banners looks very nice, as for TModLoader I am glad modders can begin their work to port them over to 1.4.4, although from messing around with the alpha versions, I do understand that it is still in development and can not only be buggy but break mods or crash the game, I patiently await the arrival of 1.4.4 on TModLoader, and as for 1.4.5 I am excited and eager for that too but no rush guys.

And finally I just saw the memorial builds to honor Leinfors's memory and legacy, very well done guys, it not only looks absolutely wonderful to see people coming together to commemorate and construct memorials of Leinfors, they look fantastic and better than anything I could ever build.

To the devs, you guys have my love and support, no matter what happens, and I am always here for you guys if you need it.

Since the team color banners are being redone, is a purple one gonna be added too complete the set?

panner.png

I love the banner redesigns. They look extremely well done. I wonder what’s the “next thing in the big year ahead” after crossplay though. I hope it’s another cross over update, especially if it’s Hollow Knight related but that’s my only guess

i didn't know the symbol was a lion, how does it look like one tho?
Oh, the pixels are designed to look like a common heraldic depiction of a lion. A lion rearing up on its back paws. You can find many examples by googling "Lion Rampant". One common pop culture example is the Coat of Arms of House Lannister in Game of Thrones. One historical example is the royal arms of Scotland, which features one in red. There's also the arms of the Crownlands of Bohemia which features one in white.

You can find a few other examples here: Lion (heraldry) - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Oh, the pixels are designed to look like a common heraldic depiction of a lion. A lion rearing up on its back paws. You can find many examples by googling "Lion Rampant". One common pop culture example is the Coat of Arms of House Lannister in Game of Thrones. One historical example is the royal arms of Scotland, which features one in red. There's also the arms of the Crownlands of Bohemia which features one in white.

You can find a few other examples here: Lion (heraldry) - Wikipedia
i've figured it out now, thanks!

revamped banners
My friend said to me ages ago that the dungeon slime banner should have a golden key in the middle, so it looks different from the corrupt slime banner. I love the bird banner, and it's great that the Molten Legion banner looks less like someone giving me the finger than it currently does.
Improved the way backgrounds zoom in and out
Will it match PC now?

Since everyone's talking about new colours, I'd love to see purple, pink and white rockets, to match the large gem colours. It would be great if placing a gem could produce the matching colour explosion.

Last edited:
And white too, for the teamless people!
After you've mentioned it, white should probably be another full fledged team. They've even got their white team block already.

Since everyone's talking about new colours, I'd love to see purple, pink and white rockets, to match the large gem colours. It would be great if placing a gem could produce the matching colour explosion.
And a couple new colours for the Dungeon. In the normal seeds.
Now, really, Dungeon is one of the oldest Terraria's structures. It can get some modernisation.
Probably, never happen, though.

After you've mentioned it, white should probably be another full fledged team. They've even got their white team block already.

And a couple new colours for the Dungeon. In the normal seeds.
Now, really, Dungeon is one of the oldest Terraria's structures. It can get some modernisation.
Probably, never happen, though.

Dungeon did get the cracked bricks, but there’s way too many of them for my comfort, wish they generated a lot less often. More colors would be awesome though, I think Yellow, Purple, and Dark Gray would be great colors

Ah I meant the skulls that attack us in the dungeon.
But that's a cool idea too
I would still add that I am quietly hoping for the appearance of vanity items for weapons. For a particular type of weapon.
For example, what annoys me.
Summoner is such a Palladin. Really.
If you consider that he uses melee weapons and his armor is such light stuff like obsidian or rag that requires the use of bars.
Then Summoner is a combination of melee u magic.
So I dressed him in a capricorn set because it resembles endgame stardust armor.
But why should I use whips that don't match e.g. this vanity when it comes to e.g. color.
And here lies a little terraria because it leaves a distaste due to the inability to change the appearance of the weapon.
Apparently we play in classes we play in classes but nothing is so consistent and a little gives a distaste of such mixclasses.
Not to mention the mess on the mage with armor from the traveling m
erchant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom