Votes: 13 61.9%
  • I like the liquid mutator.

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • I like the liquid multiplier.

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
Three very simple contraptions that would be extremely useful for players who like to mess around with liquids.

Drain

Iron_Bar.png
Wire.png
The drain is a small circular item about the size of a shadow orb that, when thrown, will suck up all liquids that make contact with it. It will fill up after 100 units of water. After that, it will disappear. It is useful for emptying caves.

Stationary Drain
Iron_Bar.png
Wire.png
The stationary drain works just like the regular one, except it is a block that cannot move, and doesn't fill up. It is useful for fountains and waterfalls without those awkward liquid evaporators with lava and furnaces or gravestones.

Liquid Mutator

Chlorophyte_Bar.png
Wire.png
Ectoplasm.png
Water_Bucket.png
Lava_Bucket.png
Honey_Bucket.png
The Liquid Mutator is a machine that has an input and an output. It has 2 sides that can accept a liquid of one type on the right side, and a liquid of another type on the left side. You cannot have the same input and output liquid. Basically, it can change any liquid into another at no cost. To change the input and output liquid, you just have to click on the sides of the machine, which would each be different colors, respectively the liquid that they intake and turn into.

The Liquid Multiplier
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
Ectoplasm.png
Wire.png
Has an input and an output, and 5 settings. The first one is 1x, which has no affect and lets liquids pass through unaffected, 2x which doubles liquids that pass through it, so forth for 3x and 4x, and the 5 setting is "Off" which doesn't allow any liquids through it. The effects can be changed by a simple right click. Basically, it can multiply any set of liquids at no cost, and makes creating an infinite amount of liquid quite easy. However, it can only produce a total of 1000 units of liquid before breaking.

Eridium_Bar.png
Mutagen.png

If you enjoyed, please leave a comment, like, opinion, or even sprite if you want! ;)

Last edited:
As cool as this is, too overpowered. "Infinite anything" is generally not a good idea.
Drain: I'd just make a bunch of those and throw them into the underworld. Easy hellstone mining at minimal cost. Stationary drain same basic idea.

Liquid Mutator is going to result in me turning the Underworld to honey or something.

(I also don't like having GUIs. There are basically two in terraria: Chests and Inventory (both of which are just for inventory management). Everything else is done directly via interacting with the environment (i.e you don't open a GUI to stick silt in the extractinator) which IMO keeps terraria feeling smoother and more natural.)

Multiplier is basically the infinite liquid thing. Infinite is not that good.

I just had a vision of Pinky and the Brain doing this...
"What are we doing tonight Brain?"
"The same thing we do every night Pinky... Try to take over the underworld!"

As cool as this is, too overpowered. "Infinite anything" is generally not a good idea.
Drain: I'd just make a bunch of those and throw them into the underworld. Easy hellstone mining at minimal cost. Stationary drain same basic idea.

Liquid Mutator is going to result in me turning the Underworld to honey or something.

(I also don't like having GUIs. There are basically two in terraria: Chests and Inventory (both of which are just for inventory management). Everything else is done directly via interacting with the environment (i.e you don't open a GUI to stick silt in the extractinator) which IMO keeps terraria feeling smoother and more natural.)

Multiplier is basically the infinite liquid thing. Infinite is not that good.

- Removed the GUIs
- Nerfed the Drain

The liquid mutator stays the same though. :|
[DOUBLEPOST=1421959880][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just had a vision of Pinky and the Brain doing this...
"What are we doing tonight Brain?"
"The same thing we do every night Pinky... Try to take over the underworld!"

What are you talking about? Also I'd like your opinion on the idea.

Sorry. 90s cartoon reference.

Opinion : I feel like the drains are a little bit un-necessary for a mid-game item as by then its quick enough to dig around or escape from a large body of water. I like the idea of throwing a drain into the underworld to strip mine the area but it was a lot more fun swinging across the lava trying to find hellstone. The drains would prob take that adventure away.

I like the idea of the mutator and multiplier for world creations. Esp with the 1000 parts before breaking as that keeps it finite.

Drain
Iron_Bar.png
Wire.png
The drain is a small circular item about the size of a shadow orb that, when thrown, will suck up all liquids that make contact with it. It will fill up after 100 units of water. After that, it will disappear. It is useful for emptying caves.

Stationary Drain
Iron_Bar.png
Wire.png
The stationary drain works just like the regular one, except it is a block that cannot move, and doesn't fill up. It is useful for fountains and waterfalls without those awkward liquid evaporators with lava and furnaces or gravestones.
OOh, that is a nice idea! And the drain works exactly like in Worms Revolution (and worms clan wars). It's a really fun idea, and maybe, if blown up it could burst out all the liquid inside! Just and idea.
and makes creating an infinite amount of liquid quite easy
Heard of infinite water bucket? Well, forget that! We can have infinite lava and honey now! (maybe even tar, if it gets into the game)

Back
Top Bottom