NPCs & Enemies New Pet and Summons AI

What should be added to 1.3 about minions and pets?

• A new +1 minion capacity modifier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh... pets and summons are all right

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NikNotNoob

Terrarian
Pets and summons are a thing we almost all have besides us when we go deep cave diving, when we go complete angler quests or even when we go Golem farming :cool:. The only thing is, when you're standing still or when there are no enemies nearby, the pets (and summons) will just stay stationary and not do anything until you move or until a slime comes in the screen, underestimating your flairon or your sharknados. Anyway, I would very much appreciate it if the pets and summons could wander around in the screen until you move or blablabla...:merchantsigh: If they could wander around, maybe do some tricks like if the parrot could bring the Pirate NPC high in the air or even if the minion pirates could DUEL, that would be amazing :happy:, bringing more life to pets and summons and so people would try harder to rush and get them because of their abilities.

Also, it would be very nice if accessories could have a chance of giving +1 minion capacity as a modifier :). It could be called Leading or Commanding or something like that.
Anyway, it would be awesome if this was added in 1.3. If you agree, please let me know so that maybe, just MAYBE we can get improved pet AI and a new modifier. Also leave a comment about what you think could be the name of the modifier or what abilities pets could have. :p

Thanks for at least reading what I wrote :merchantconfused:. I hope this inspires you for 1.3 ideas.

I think it would be cool if pets had AFK animations, since I'm usually sitting around with a Water Candle for RNG stuff. I'll support this.

YES! ALL THE YES!
1121885.jpg

edit: i dominate the polls! BWAHAHAHA!

Not too certain about the +1 Minion capacity, but I do like the idea of more pet idles outside combat, even if I don't bother with them.

Pretty good idea really. I like it I have a lot of the pets and would like to see them moving around more when I am standing still lol.

Not too certain about the +1 Minion capacity, but I do like the idea of more pet idles outside combat, even if I don't bother with them.
The +1 Minion Capacity modifier would make people hesitate between damage, defense or capacity. Also, that would be useful for some people in pre-hardmode because of the low-capacity of minions. It could also be useful when using the mining armor to dig out big areas so you would have more minions than only one to protect you while you dig.

The thing is, +1 minion capacity can be a whole lot better than just menacing.

We're not talking a mere 4% increase of 20 or 30 here, but a solid buff of another 30.

Not balanced? I have to say yes.

The thing is, +1 minion capacity can be a whole lot better than just menacing.

We're not talking a mere 4% increase of 20 or 30 here, but a solid buff of another 30.

Not balanced? I have to say yes.
Not to mention right now you could double dip that with a second set of accessories. Use the menacing to summon your first 9 minions, then swap them out and your last 5 would be "slightly" weaker.

Back
Top Bottom