Biomes & Nature Meteor Revival: Making Meteorites a Legitimate Biome

sounds like just you're arguing lol

op can handle himself, doesn't need some kind of oddly focused crusader to crush any dissent
at least space it out so he gets something out of the bumps

spreading meteor would be annoying with the contact damage

not "actual meteor blocks" but "everything looks like meteor block's texture"

Yep, you certainly didn't say you thought it was spreading meteorite ore. Not at all.

As for why this would be added- Improvement to a hugely neglected biome, a new furniture set, and a few new mobs. I mean, glowing mushroom has about as much content as this. A small biome with one or two useful items and a bunch of monsters that are modified versions of existing mobs. (Meteor Slime, Mushroom Zombies). Also, @SzGamer227 is looking at other things to add to it, like a new herb, but this is a good enough suggestion on its own.

He's arguing with himself, and he's arguing with a rock? CRAFTAMUS NIGHTMARASITE IS DWAYNE JOHNSON CONFIRMED!
mob_talker__19__by_spartanassassin-d61dqdh.jpg
Incase the image doesn't work, it says
:red:, we've been spotted!

no, i get that, its just the specific mechanism...
I could see and support the moss, the cactus is just jarringly odd.

just feels like it'd be a better fit for what meteor is if it were burned trees near by(normal wood though), sand to some kind of glass ore maybe, couple more enemies(even if its just the meteor slime is fine) and if it were instant rather than creeping.
grayed cause not gonna highjack his idea

the creeping rusty grass is the only thing I don't like. why would the ore be infectious? or why would it turn sand into meteor dust?
i'd understand if it were alien plants but it appears to be the ore slowly turning things that touch it into "made of ore"
(just clarifying the point, then i'll stop. for reals)

no, i get that, its just the specific mechanism...
I could see and support the moss, the cactus is just jarringly odd.

just imo better fit for what meteor is if it were burned trees near by(normal wood though), sand to some kind of glass ore maybe, couple more enemies(even if its just the meteor slime is fine) grayed cause not gonna highjack his idea

the creeping rusty grass is the only thing I don't like. why would the ore be infectious? or why would it turn sand into meteor dust?
i'd understand if it were alien plants but it appears to be the ore slowly turning things that touch it into "made of ore"
(just clarifying the point, then i'll stop. for reals)
The meteorite block won't actually spread, it would just cover up

For example, corruption doesn't turn grass into ebonstone- it just turns it into corrupt grass.
thats exactly the thing. meteor has absolutely no reason to be anything like ebonstone
The meteorite block won't actually spread, it would just cover up
what, like it slowly throwing meteor dust up into the air but only near itself? that wouldn't alter wood type.

the spreading is the thing that doesn't fit. why would it spread, why does it turn grass into rusty grass, why would it infect trees into being made of meteor stuff, why would it make the cactus into ore?
and why are you personally so absurdly attached to attempting to grind down the only negative when I'd have simply left it and moved on, leaving it to be naturally drowned out and instead turning it into this several pages long thing that makes it look massive?

maybe if it were just the moss made of meteor it'd be nice and subtle, but its everything and I personally, in the course of giving the requested feedback don't like it. that is it. all. done. you're not gonna change my mind.

I thought @Pseudoname was referring to the additions mechanically and how this is significant or necessary or even how this works in mythos.

Regardless, I myself like the idea and think it gives a little more spice to the world. I was looking through the topic and I had a few thoughts.
Regarding artificial meteorite biomes,why not add IonBrick and give it the same property as meteorite, allowing users to mess around with designs and have more freedom if they wanted to utilize the biome aesthetically.

You should consider adding some drops for the enemies. Perhaps they could drop small quantities of meteorite? Maybe they could also drop some sort of resources that could make an item that prevents meteorites from respawning?
Also you should consider getting banners for the slimes as most of them will have banners with 1.3

thats exactly the thing. meteor has absolutely no reason to be anything like ebonstone

what, like it slowly throwing meteor dust up into the air but only near itself? that wouldn't alter wood type.

the spreading is the thing that doesn't fit. why would it spread, why does it turn grass into rusty grass, why would it infect trees into being made of meteor stuff, why would it make the cactus into ore?
and why are you personally so absurdly attached to attempting to grind down the only negative when I'd have simply left it and moved on, leaving it to be naturally drowned out and instead turning it into this several pages long thing that makes it look massive?
Still, Ion Wood sounds good. Everything in Terraria doesn't have to be logical.

And I'm not grinding, I'm trying to tell you my points, yet an ignorant person like you ignores them

So, can we please stop?

Why do rainbows turn grass teal and trees into pastel colors?

Considering the meteor heads are living chunks of meteorite, perhaps meteor ore is more biological in nature than we considered, just like chlorophyte. Then, the spreading would just be the meteor organism spreading over grass. But perhaps it needs the stone from its native habitat to live, which is why it can only root into the surface of earthly stone but no deeper, and why it can only go so far from the main ore cluster.

Or, maybe its just a GAME, and you shouldn't demand "realistic" explanations for why a space rock can turn the grass and trees different colors.

Why do rainbows turn grass teal and trees into pastel colors?
because they're some kind of cosmic force of light thats warring for territory against the cosmic force of darkness after we foolishly released both while bumbling around in hell

I actually was, but that kinda got lost in the weird pointless argument :p thanks for picking it out of that mess for me

I definitely get what you were getting at.

Still, Ion Wood sounds good. Everything in Terraria doesn't have to be logical.

And I'm not grinding, I'm trying to tell you my points, yet an ignorant person like you ignores them

So, can we please stop?

While Terraria doesn't have to be logical, it is consistent. The rules it gives you are followed and there is a reason for why things happen.
Regarding the effect that happens, perhaps we can agree on this...Maybe the meteorites possess an alien biological material that is able to spread? Maybe the meteor provides a source of energy, in same way that you have weapons like phaseblades and lazer guns, and the biological material feeds off of it? That way it explains the spread, and why the biome vanishes without the meteorite?

Back
Top Bottom