NPCs & Enemies The Hunt (New Event)

divebat

Skeletron
The Hunt (Event) (With sprites by Scironex!)

“The hunt has begun!”

The Hunt is an middle hard mode tier invasion, it will spawn with a 1/25 chance every night after one mechanical boss has been defeated. Ghostly hunters come from all directions, surrounding the player. The background will become nearly black, and filled with large dark trees. It should not be to hard to take down with adamantine to hallowed armor, but the reward will be nice for early hard mode players. The event will last as long as it takes to finish.

Archers shoot arrows that fly through, in a somewhat rapid succession so that when there are lots around, the air is nearly filled with arrows. Riflemen appear who shoot much slower but also with much more damage, and mortar men move at a slow pace, but steady themselves, and shoot extremely damaging mortars. Daggermen run in and stab at the player, inflicting lots of damage. Theres also the musket man, who will charge, shooting low damage bullets, and stab with the end of his gun. The crossbowmen is a man who spawns with a rate similar to the pirate captain (temporary name, suggestions appreciated) and will shoot an explosive crossbow which will act like an exploding bullet. These will all have new drops and more.

Here are the current stats on the mobs.

Archer Huntress
zOOIi9S.png

35 Damage
Medium shooting speed
Fast walking speed
Will shoot from afar, comes in swarms
260 Health
20 Defense
When white stag is near, hunters will target it over player

Drops:

Nameless Bow 5%
2 Silver
Archers Stave 3%

Huntsman Trapper
52e55jT.png

Very fast movement like a goblin thief
Stabs a fast dagger
36 Damage
Little to no KB
280 Health
25 Defense

Drops:
4 Silver
Hunters Dagger 4%

Huntsman Rifleman
Jw3xxEr.png

45 Damage
Slow shooting speed
Slow walking speed
Will shoot from medium range, comes in fews
320 Health
25 Defense

Drops:
Rifle 5%
4 Silver
Iron Sights 5%
Stripper Clip 3%

Mortar
kky5OjW.png

63 Damage
Explodes and causes splash damage
Very Slow speed
Sets up far away, will shoot at a slow speed
600 Health
25 Defense

Drops:
Mortar 5%
10 Silver

Huntress Musketeer
5LQTdpW.png

24 Damage (Ranged)
32 Damage (Melee)
Slow shooting speed
Slow movement, but when charging player very fast
420 Health :)
20 Defense

Drops:
Masters Musket 5%
10 Silver
Bayonet 2%
Stripper Clip 3%

Crossbow Huntsman
WVNXLwN.png

45 Damage
Rapidly shoots exploding arrows
Will continue forward toward the player, walking slower when he shoots
1200 Health
30 Defense

Drops:
Magical Crossbow 5%
Gold Coin 2

White Stag
H0yQyyy.png

(Great suggestion and sprite by Scironex!)
8000 Health
Very fast speed
50 melee
Will teleport when health is severely decreased, reappears later
Comes about halfway through, event ends following death
Hunters will target the stag when its near

Drops:
6 Gold coins

“The hunting has ceased!”

This marks the end of the hunt. If you survived, the loot will be great. If not, you will be left in shambles. Now onto the glorious loot!

Nameless bow
gEemU6q.png

44 Damage
12% Critical chance
Medium Speed
No autofire, shoots 3 arrows (early tsunami) (??)
Medium knockback
1/4 Chance not to consume arrows

Archers Stave
OSs0nzb.png

Summons a bowmen to fight for you

Bowmen
26 Damage
Medium speed
8% Crit

Hunting Rifle
zkrtk3P.png

53 Damage
18% Critical chance
Hardmode musket
No autofire
Medium speed
Lots of knock back

Iron Sight
rvpPyeg.png

5% Increased crit chance + speed
reduced bullet spread (chain gun necessary in my mind)

Stripper Clip
HinEmpq.png

Accessory which allows for 10% reduced bullet usage,
and 5% extra bullet speed

Mortar
HdFMOlR.png

Another cannon
Shoots mortar bombs

Mortar Shell
vK0bGJI.png

220 Damage
Medium slow Speed
Shoots high, homes on an enemy

Bayonet
tmTwOCA.png

Accessory which will inflict small melee damage when enemies attack

Magical Crossbow
8NjOlB7.png

55 Damage
12% Crit chance
Uses 14 mana
Shoots explosive arrows
Rapid speed
Autofires
Medium knockback

Hunters Dagger
I5O2Q6x.png

Very fast dagger
56 Damage
16% Crit
Medium knockback

Hunting Horn
MzK5SEl.png

"Calls the hunters!"
Summons the hunt
Rare drop from..? (??)

Thats all for the hunt, thanks for reading!
Sprites needed, criticism accepted!

Attachments

• H0yQyyy.png
    H0yQyyy.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
Mortar:
Explodes and causes collateral damage
If you intend collateral damage as in destruction of blocks and walls, it may end up angering more than a handful players who have dedicated their time building their creations and houses. I quite like the suggestion itself, there needs to be more mid-game invasions since most of them are post-plantera.

If you intend collateral damage as in destruction of blocks and walls, it may end up angering more than a handful players who have dedicated their time building their creations and houses. I quite like the suggestion itself, there needs to be more mid-game invasions since most of them are post-plantera.
No, collateral damage as in can damage multiple players. And thanks, means a lot :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1422648724][/DOUBLEPOST]
I can see why pirates would attack you. I can see why goblins would attack you. But why would hunters attack you? I just don't get it, I'm afraid.
Why would pumpkins attack you? The game is not completely logical in all places.

No, collateral damage as in can damage multiple players. And thanks, means a lot :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1422648724][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why would pumpkins attack you? The game is not completely logical in all places.
The Pumpkin Moon is based on Halloween and it's something that you initiate. You summon it. These forestmen just attack out of the blue, for seemingly no reason.

The Pumpkin Moon is based on Halloween and it's something that you initiate. You summon it. These forestmen just attack out of the blue, for seemingly no reason.
Hm.. I see what you mean. Honestly, they could be people who were indigenous, and are angry of the new settler. If you have a better idea, please inform me.

TheQuietBisht: 314149 said:
I can see why pirates would attack you. I can see why goblins would attack you. But why would hunters attack you? I just don't get it, I'm afraid.
Maybe you have been damaging the world so they diecide to cut you down to size

Pardon, but I have a lot to be critical about this invasion.
First, this event overlaps with the Pirate Invasion. I'd boost the difficulty and push it to post-1 mech tier, as that's one of the few tiers that lacks a proper invasion. Additionally, that would help compensate for the currently nameless bow, what with the repeaters and all. Actually, why not name that bow "Nameless Bow"?
Second, there are far too many ranger items. I mean, I understand why the fit thematically, but this many bonus ranger items rather breaks mechanics. Specifically, there are too many items that boost ranger damage or crit chance. Rangers are already the DPS kings. Any further damage boosting items for rangers are either meaningless or overpowered, especially post-WoF.

Also, as for why hunters would attack - In many mythologies, there's a variation of a "Spectral Hunt," wherein ghost/demon/heavenly hunters chase after some sort of grand prey (Like a white stag, or something). Getting caught up in the hunt - i.e. not staying at home - usually results in you becoming part of the hunt, never to return. So yeah. It would be totally cool if a white stag were to spawn in this event, and it wouldn't end until it's killed.

Archers Quiver:
Similar to the magic quiver
15% Not to consume arrows.
5% Arrow crit chance + arrow damage
This is a bit too similar to the aforementioned Magic Quiver. I'd suggest replacing it a Summoner weapon, like one that summons a mini archer.

Rifle Scope:
5% Increased bullet damage + crit chance
This already exists - it's dropped by the Skeleton Snipers in the HM Dungeon, though it doesn't have these effects. I'd rename it "Iron Sights" and make it boost bullet velocity, and reduce spread.

Bayonet:
Accessory which will inflict small melee damage when enemies attack
Thorns accessory? I like the idea, it's just that the name bothers me. Maybe call it Briar Belt?

Rangers Emblem:
Not to be confused with ranger emblem
Crafted:
Ranger Emblem, Hunter Medallion, Bayonet, Stripper Clip
25% Increased bullet damage
25% Decreased bullet usage
Inflicts melee when being attacked while wielding a gun
15% Increased ranged crit
You could have called this "Musketeer's Crest," but I disagree with this regardless. Rangers already have a specialized "Emblem" item, namely the Sniper Scope. Also, there is no other accessory that gives this much damage and crit chance for any class.

Archers Emblem:
Crafted:
Magic Quiver, Archers Quiver, Ranger Emblem
30% Not to consume ammo
10% Increased ranged speed
25% Increased ranged damage
10% Increased ranged crit chance
See above.

Hunter Medallion:
10% Increased bullet damage, 5% Increased ranged crit chance, 5% decreased ammo usage
Once again, ranger damage boosts are a no-go.

Mortar:
Early HM cannon/bunny cannon
Shoots mortar bombs
Keep in mind that both of the cannons are technically early hardmode items, as the Pirate Invasion can happen before you beat any mech bosses. As happened to me.

Also, the Crossbow and the Nameless Bow should either have more distinct effects, or one of them should be dropped. I honestly would drop the Crossbow, and replace it with either a melee or magic weapon, preferably the latter.

I like the event as a whole, but I think the the drops should be redistributed.

Pardon, but I have a lot to be critical about this invasion.
First, this event overlaps with the Pirate Invasion. I'd boost the difficulty and push it to post-1 mech tier, as that's one of the few tiers that lacks a proper invasion. Additionally, that would help compensate for the currently nameless bow, what with the repeaters and all. Actually, why not name that bow "Nameless Bow"?
Second, there are far too many ranger items. I mean, I understand why the fit thematically, but this many bonus ranger items rather breaks mechanics. Specifically, there are too many items that boost ranger damage or crit chance. Rangers are already the DPS kings. Any further damage boosting items for rangers are either meaningless or overpowered, especially post-WoF.

Also, as for why hunters would attack - In many mythologies, there's a variation of a "Spectral Hunt," wherein ghost/demon/heavenly hunters chase after some sort of grand prey (Like a white stag, or something). Getting caught up in the hunt - i.e. not staying at home - usually results in you becoming part of the hunt, never to return. So yeah. It would be totally cool if a white stag were to spawn in this event, and it wouldn't end until it's killed.

This is a bit too similar to the aforementioned Magic Quiver. I'd suggest replacing it a Summoner weapon, like one that summons a mini archer.

This already exists - it's dropped by the Skeleton Snipers in the HM Dungeon, though it doesn't have these effects. I'd rename it "Iron Sights" and make it boost bullet velocity, and reduce spread.

Thorns accessory? I like the idea, it's just that the name bothers me. Maybe call it Briar Belt?

You could have called this "Musketeer's Crest," but I disagree with this regardless. Rangers already have a specialized "Emblem" item, namely the Sniper Scope. Also, there is no other accessory that gives this much damage and crit chance for any class.

See above.

Once again, ranger damage boosts are a no-go.

Keep in mind that both of the cannons are technically early hardmode items, as the Pirate Invasion can happen before you beat any mech bosses. As happened to me.

Also, the Crossbow and the Nameless Bow should either have more distinct effects, or one of them should be dropped. I honestly would drop the Crossbow, and replace it with either a melee or magic weapon, preferably the latter.

I like the event as a whole, but I think the the drops should be redistributed.
Most of what you suggested has been implemented, thanks for the ideas. :)

I like the Nameless Bow. It's like a earlier Tsunami! Iron Sight's effect still bothers me, but I suppose we do have the Magic Quiver, so it's cool. For more thematicism, the Hunters (and ostensibly Huntresses) should have preferential targeting on the White Stag. That is, if the Stag is on screen, the hunters should aim for it, instead of you.

Speaking of which:
H0yQyyy.png

Also

RXqBtvH.png

Scironex Seal of Approval

I like the Nameless Bow. It's like a earlier Tsunami! Iron Sight's effect still bothers me, but I suppose we do have the Magic Quiver, so it's cool. For more thematicism, the Hunters (and ostensibly Huntresses) should have preferential targeting on the White Stag. That is, if the Stag is on screen, the hunters should aim for it, instead of you.

Speaking of which:
H0yQyyy.png

Also

RXqBtvH.png

Scironex Seal of Approval
Thanks :) Any suggestion for iron sight? If the player wants to farm the event for a while, protecting the Stag is cool... Thanks!!!

zOOIi9S.png

Archer Huntress (Archer)

52e55jT.png

Huntsman Trapper (Daggerman)

Jw3xxEr.png

Huntsman Rifleman (Rifleman)

kky5OjW.png

Mortar Enemy

5LQTdpW.png

Huntress Musketeer (Musketman)

WVNXLwN.png

Crossbow Huntsman (Crossbowman)

gEemU6q.png

Nameless Bow

OSs0nzb.png

Archer's Stave

zkrtk3P.png

Hunting Rifle (Rifle)

rvpPyeg.png

Ironsight

HinEmpq.png

Stripper Clip

HdFMOlR.png

Mortar

vK0bGJI.png

Mortar Shell (Mortar Bomb)

tmTwOCA.png

Bayonet

8NjOlB7.png

Magical Crossbow

I5O2Q6x.png

Hunter's Dagger

MzK5SEl.png

Hunting Horn (Hunter's Trumpet)

Happy hunting.

zOOIi9S.png

Archer Huntress (Archer)

52e55jT.png

Huntsman Trapper (Daggerman)

Jw3xxEr.png

Huntsman Rifleman (Rifleman)

kky5OjW.png

Mortar Enemy

5LQTdpW.png

Huntress Musketeer (Musketman)

WVNXLwN.png

Crossbow Huntsman (Crossbowman)

gEemU6q.png

Nameless Bow

OSs0nzb.png

Archer's Stave

zkrtk3P.png

Hunting Rifle (Rifle)

rvpPyeg.png

Ironsight

HinEmpq.png

Stripper Clip

HdFMOlR.png

Mortar

vK0bGJI.png

Mortar Shell (Mortar Bomb)

tmTwOCA.png

Bayonet

8NjOlB7.png

Magical Crossbow

I5O2Q6x.png

Hunter's Dagger

MzK5SEl.png

Hunting Horn (Hunter's Trumpet)

Happy hunting.
Put in the sprites! Cant thank you enough :)

Back
Top Bottom