Weapons & Equip Mushroom Key Mold/Key/Chest in the dungeon/Loot from said chest

GIRGHGH

Empress of Light
Mushroom key mold drops from enemies in a mushroom biome. The key is made like any other key. The chest spawns in the dungeon of any world. The Chest contains a biome weapon and random loot.
Weapon: The Sporulator: Rapid fire gun that shoots in any random direction within 180 degrees of the cursor's direction, the projectiles will home in on enemies and move sort of slowly.
sporulator_by_girghgh-d8gal2s.png

The Sporulator
30 Ranged Damage
Velocity: 3
Knockback: 1
Use Time: 5
Projectiles need to travel 6 ft before homing
Any Ideas on how this could be improved?

Mushroom is a minibiome. Not sure it deserves a biome chest (especially seeing as hell doesn't have one...)

So far, we have four biome weapons, and four damage types. Each class is equally represented. So if you want to throw more weapons into the mix without causing misrepresentation complaints, you'll have to do something huge.

HUGE.

Maybe make one spore be Magic, one Ranged, and one Melee? Each having different stats as well.
But that just stops making sense, considering it doesn't consume mana and it doesn't involve whacking someone over the head. It seems to solidly fit into the ranged category (unless the OP decides to make it consume mana, which would put it in the magic category).

But that just stops making sense, considering it doesn't consume mana and it doesn't involve whacking someone over the head. It seems to solidly fit into the ranged category (unless the OP decides to make it consume mana, which would put it in the magic category).
So, it would consume mana for magic, bullets for ranged, and be like a boomerang for melee is what I mean.

i don't see why people think there has to be one biome chest weapon per class per world always. after all, there are many weapons that outperform biome chest weapons, and they are for multiple classes. and given the fact that lifesteal is only for mages and crimson melee, there are already things in the game that are underrepresented. i think every biome in the game should have a dungeon chest and weapon.

i don't see why people think there has to be one biome chest weapon per class per world always. after all, there are many weapons that outperform biome chest weapons, and they are for multiple classes. and given the fact that lifesteal is only for mages and crimson melee, there are already things in the game that are underrepresented. i think every biome in the game should have a dungeon chest and weapon.
I never said we're restricted to one. But no matter what happens, all classes must be equally represented. So maybe we'll have one biome weapon of each class. Maybe we'll have two. Maybe we'll have eight. But there must be equal numbers of each on the same world, or we will hear complaints of unfairness, you have my word.

I never said we're restricted to one. But no matter what happens, all classes must be equally represented. So maybe we'll have one biome weapon of each class. Maybe we'll have two. Maybe we'll have eight. But there must be equal numbers of each on the same world, or we will hear complaints of unfairness, you have my word.
we already have complaints of unfairness for pretty much everything, and what about complaints of different biomes being underrepresented?
"But no matter what happens, all classes must be equally represented."
why? they aren't already, and it's not like you can count exactly how many of each weapon there are per class in the game and unless there are exactly the same number for each, say it's unfair. each class has a different playstyle, so "fair" doesn't necessarily mean every class gets exactly the same number of things. and by that logic, no one can suggest any biome chest suggestions at all unless they make 3 more.

Maybe make a damage overtime weapon causing neutral damage.
Edit: But make it low damage and make the debuffs like venom and debuffs like that does lots of DOT.

Last edited:
we already have complaints of unfairness for pretty much e verything, and what about complaints of different biomes being underrepresented?
We have people working to solve these complaints. We don't stand by and accept them just because they exist.
"But no matter what happens, all classes must be equally represented."
why? they aren't already, and it's not like you can count exactly how many of each weapon there are per class in the game and unless there are exactly the same number for each, say it's unfair. each class has a different playstyle, so "fair" doesn't necessarily mean every class gets exactly the same number of things.
Perhaps not in the context of all weapons, but for these biome weapons, obtained in the same manner, relegated to the same dungeon, it is absolutely unacceptable to introduce a weapon of one class without adding three more. The class inequality when you view the list of weapons in Terraria is much, much less obvious than when you look at just the four biome weapons that can be obtained in one world. "It's already unequal, so why not add to that?" ...said no one.
and by that logic, no one can suggest any biome chest suggestions at all unless they make 3 more.
Absolutely true. Well, not exactly. They can make the suggestion, but they fail for the same reason. They create an imbalance and don't do anything to fix it. Add an Ocean chest with a melee weapon, an Underworld chest with a summoning weapon, a Mushroom chest with a ranged weapon, a Desert chest with a magic weapon (or something like that). And it works out, fine and dandy. But it is not acceptable to add one weapon alone. Absolutely not.

We have people working to solve these complaints. We don't stand by and accept them just because they exist.

Perhaps not in the context of all weapons, but for these biome weapons, obtained in the same manner, relegated to the same dungeon, it is absolutely unacceptable to introduce a weapon of one class without adding three more. The class inequality when you view the list of weapons in Terraria is much, much less obvious than when you look at just the four biome weapons that can be obtained in one world. "It's already unequal, so why not add to that?" ...said no one.

Absolutely true. Well, not exactly. They can make the suggestion, but they fail for the same reason. They create an imbalance and don't do anything to fix it. Add an Ocean chest with a melee weapon, an Underworld chest with a summoning weapon, a Mushroom chest with a ranged weapon, a Desert chest with a magic weapon (or something like that). And it works out, fine and dandy. But it is not acceptable to add one weapon alone. Absolutely not.
I wasn't suggesting this as a stand alone new chest, just, if this were to be one, have it be this.

Yup, Fully agree with you. On that regards, what people might be able to consider is that we currently have major biome keys, why not come up with a series of minor-biome keys, so we have one for each minor biome. Because of minor biome rarity, you could even have it so that only one minor biome chest exists per world, and throw it onto a floating island. The resulting item should then be much more bland compared to the current chests.

All we would need then is to decide on which mini-biomes need to represent in this.

first off, the biome chest weapons are not necessarily the strongest weapons in the game. and each weapon(in the whole game, not just biome chest weapons) has different attack styles, so a scourge of the corruptor, for example, might not work well in certain circumstances that a death sickle would work great in, and vice versa. so people might complain that there are more melee weapons in the game than ranged weapons would be unfair, or that there are no ranged, magic, or summoner variants of copper, iron, silver, and gold armor is unfair, etc.

to make the game completely "fair" to each class in the game, all the time, would require redigit to make sure there are exactly the same number of melee weapons in the game as ranged, magic, and summoner, and the same number of melee armor pieces in the game as mage, ranger, and summoner, and the same number of everything pertaining to each class. seems impossible.

imagine there are 2 biome chest weapons for each class. everything is perfectly balanced. then, someone makes a biome chest suggestion. everyone criticizes it because it's "unbalanced." you can't expect people to come up with variants of their idea for each class every time they get an idea.
if someone gets an idea for a melee weapon, by your logic, the game is suddenly unbalanced due to the fact that there is now one more melee weapon in the game. it shouldn't be a requirement for people to post their ideas in groups with full support for each class.

imagine someone comes up with an enemy that has melee resistance. by your logic, melee is now underrepresented as there is a new enemy that is resistant to melee attacks. should the original poster make it have equal damage resistance against each kind of damage? no. it's impossible to make it "equal" for each class for the whole game, as different classes are specialized for different tasks and scenarios.

Even better than making dedicated chests for minor biomes is turning minor biomes into major biomes. Then we just cross our fingers and hope that the number of new major biomes is a multiple of four...

'course, that would involve a whole heck of a lot of new weapons, but it's nothing we can't handle.
viridianstorm.png
carnivorastaff.png
amazonwrath.png
angelicstaff.png
prismlance.png
vampirestaff.png
infernalstaff.png
ecliptic.png
bloodlustarrow.png
vesselnet.png
parasitelauncher.png
hailstormstaff.png
snowbiomegun.png
cyclonesquall.png
deserteagles.png
bandagedstaff.png
desertsun.png
pharaohsserpent.png
rainbow.png
blazinggale.png
sevensins.png
mortarus.png
bonedragonstaff.png

first off, the biome chest weapons are not necessarily the strongest weapons in the game. and each weapon(in the whole game, not just biome chest weapons) has different attack styles, so a scourge of the corruptor, for example, might not work well in certain circumstances that a death sickle would work great in, and vice versa. so people might complain that there are more melee weapons in the game than ranged weapons would be unfair, or that there are no ranged, magic, or summoner variants of copper, iron, silver, and gold armor is unfair, etc.
Biome weapons are one of the few areas in which we can make a small sanctuary of equality. If the exact numbers of ranged/melee/magic/summoner weapons isn't equal, that doesn't bother people as much as if there were two melee weapons and only one of the rest in a world's biome chests.

The fact that there are no summoner variants of ore-based armors is slightly unfair. But introducing a biome weapon of one class without equalizing it with one of each other class is VERY unfair.

to make the game completely "fair" to each class in the game, all the time, would require redigit to make sure there are exactly the same number of melee weapons in the game as ranged, magic, and summoner, and the same number of melee armor pieces in the game as mage, ranger, and summoner, and the same number of everything pertaining to each class. seems impossible.
So we won't attain "complete" fairness, which is no excuse to introduce something that is obviously unfair.

imagine there are 2 biome chest weapons for each class. everything is perfectly balanced. then, someone makes a biome chest suggestion. everyone criticizes it because it's "unbalanced." you can't expect people to come up with variants of their idea for each class every time they get an idea.
GIRGHGH has already stated that he wants the reestablishment of biome weapon balance to be left in the hands of other biome weapon suggesters. So I'm no longer criticizing him for it. You, however, continue to insist that it is okay to upset the balance with biome chests, when it is actually not.
if someone gets an idea for a melee weapon, by your logic, the game is suddenly unbalanced due to the fact that there is now one more melee weapon in the game. it shouldn't be a requirement for people to post their ideas in groups with full support for each class.
That is a slight imbalance unrelated to the topic of biome weapons.
imagine someone comes up with an enemy that has melee resistance. by your logic, melee is now underrepresented as there is a new enemy that is resistant to melee attacks. should the original poster make it have equal damage resistance against each kind of damage? no. it's impossible to make it "equal" for each class for the whole game, as different classes are specialized for different tasks and scenarios.
I'll repeat myself one more time. Just because "complete" balance is unattainable doesn't mean that we should actively try to create imbalances.

baconfry said:
The fact that there are no summoner variants of ore-based armors is slightly unfair. But introducing a biome weapon of one class without equalizing it with one of each other class is VERY unfair.
what about vampire knives? they lifesteal. no other biome chest weapon does that. the only other option for lifesteal is spectre armor, and it doesn't give much defense. however, vampire knives can be combined with high-defense armor, such as beetle, which gives melee(crimson) an extreme advantage.

"Biome weapons are one of the few areas in which we can make a small sanctuary of equality. If the exact numbers of ranged/melee/magic/summoner weapons isn't equal, that doesn't bother people as much as if there were two melee weapons and only one of the rest in a world's biome chests."

so what do you consider "fair" for a biome chest weapon? the scourge of the corruptor has more reach than any of the other biome chest weapons. the vampire knives are the only biome chest weapons that heal. the pirahna gun is the only weapon that locks onto an enemy and does not require much aiming. the frost hydra is the only biome chest weapon that auto uses after one click. the rainbow gun is the only biome chest weapon that can pierce almost unlimited enemies. each weapon is powerful in its own way, and each has its own disadvantages. none of them can be equal, as they each work in a different way and are useful in different situations. my point is that each weapon has its own merits. adding a new one wouldn't unbalance the game.

"So we won't attain 'complete' fairness, which is no excuse to introduce something that is obviously unfair."
it's not obviously unfair just because it doesn't have a version for each class. each class is not meant to be exactly the same. some classes work better in different stages of the game, and against different enemies. they don't have to be equal. for instance, melee characters work better against normal mobs, rangers work better against bosses, and magic characters work better against events. if every class was equal, it would make the game kinda boring. the entire reason for different classes is to have things designed for different parts of the game.

so what do you consider "fair" for a biome chest weapon?
I don't care about how effective they are. That's not even slightly related to the topic. The topic is to have equal numbers of biome weapons for each class in a single world. I'm not talking about balancing their effectiveness, I'm talking about balancing the representation of the four classes. One, two, or eight of each class, I don't care what they do, but all four classes need the same number of weapons dedicated to them. Alright?

If I see my argument misrepresented again, don't be surprised if you're met with radio silence. I've gotten a little tired of repeating myself.

Back
Top Bottom