What's your most OH MY GOSH I JUST GOT THAT Moment?, I got a Hallowed Key Mold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two, randomly fighting solar eclipse (before plantera) and BOOM death sickle
Death Sickle = 0.4% drop and Death Sickle = Plantera Pwnage
underground hallow ice biome
did you see any Pigrons?
EDIT: also I forgot my second one, when I got my corrupt key mold from a random underground eater of souls on mobile.

Last edited:
I have two, randomly fighting solar eclipse (before plantera) and BOOM death sickle
Death Sickle = 0.4% drop and Death Sickle = Plantera Pwnage

did you see any Pigrons?
EDIT: also I forgot my second one, when I got my corrupt key mold from a random underground eater of souls on mobile.
I can't remember if I got the key from a pigron (probably not, it may have been a skeleton), but pink pigrons man. They're everywhere.

Also:

• Harpy/Fire feathers
  • All Post-Plantera dungeon magic weapons
  • Anything with Legendary/Unreal/Mythical/Ruthless/Demonic/Godly prefexis
  • Anything from the Frost Moon except The Christmas Tree Sword
  • Horseman's Blade
  • Bone Keys/Eaters Bones/Cursed Saplings
  • Anything from Paladins
  • Keymolds
  • Most Pirate invasion items
  • Rare trophies and banners
  • Ice Skates

I guess my two whole days of Rod of Discord afk grinding count as such a moment. Grinding Crimson's key mold took me ages as 4 afk grinding during solar eclipses did not help, was pretty nice when I finally got ut, but later on found out Pumpkin Moon gets you the molds incredibly fast and after getting 1 mold per moon over 3 everything was alright and nobody cared about how rare molds were anymore.

A Broken Hero Sword, most definitely, even if the name kind of makes things a little anticlimactic.

"Hey, guess what, I just got a BROKEN Hero Sword. It's... Well it's broken and... The sprite's nice."

Got a Crimson Mold while building a Chlorophyte farm deep in the underground Crimson, complete with thick walls to prevent that there spreadin', and a Hallowed Mold while building a Truffle farm about 80 blocks above it, in the underground Hallow. (Another Hallowed Mold or two was acquired while fighting for a Rod of Discord some other time.)

Considered trading these, since they aren't the first of either I've gotten in that particular world, but what I would even want for them, I'm not sure (100 Guide Picasso Paintings, no doubt!)

Getting this little cutie 1423021877697.jpg after 5 hours of grinding.1423021201312.jpg

After leaving hives alone for a while, last night my (pre-HM) character Alyssa made up a batch of Abeeminations and headed down to the first hive she discovered on Cressida. Sure, you can use an Abeemination anywhere in the Jungle, but this hive already has several rows of platforms and landforms that I'm used to. Also, tradition! [/Tevye of Anatevka]

The goal: Honeyed Goggles, same as the last couple dozen times she fought Queen Bees. Since I didn't expect to get them this time either, I figured it would be okay if she just ended up with stacks of money and lots of valuable drops to sell.

After a few bouts Alyssa's inventory, safe, and piggy bank were nearly stuffed with goodies. Noticing that she wasn't able to pick up all the drops from the most recent kill, I took her back to the safe-and-bank platform, deposited what I could to free up a few spaces, then headed back to the site of the… WHOA! Is that what I think it is, lying on the ground?

Yes.

Honeyed Goggles at last. Sky exploring time for Alyssa. Cressida's remaining floating islands are being discovered one by one, and when that's done, on to Thisbe (the world I'm preparing for my attempt at hardmode).

I kid you not, all but one of the rarest items in the game was a 'huh.' moment for me. As in, it just drops while I wasn't even looking for it, and I say '...Huh.' Rod of Dischord, building a hellevator. Slime staff, building a castle. Uzi, shoring up the crimson trench. Shortly followed by butterfly dust. Shark banner, waypoint on the way to my sealab. Eater's Bone, first time beating the worm in 1.2, didn't even know it existed.
But the Magic Sword, now that little bastard took me back and forth the depth and length of my world. I finally found it cozied up on the other side of my dungeon. Found it chilling out inside a wall. That little bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom