Robotoh

Steampunker
Ichor Bulb.png

Enhanced Sprites by @Chadwick
Fungal Bulb.png
Corrupt Bulb.png
Crimson Bulb.png

Last edited:
Ooh - looks good. I like the fact it sprays Ichor, that's definitely a nice touch. The sprites and suggestion format, as usual, look great. All I can really say is support.

I didn't want it to kill stuff for you, that seemed lazy. Instead it's purpose is to keep enemies at bay and lower their defense. I've seen a lot of turret ideas lately like, "Sit back and let the turret do ALL the work for you." That defeats the purpose for me.
[DOUBLEPOST=1423254522][/DOUBLEPOST]
I want to see a shroom Plantera from a blue solution being used on a bulb. Also, would the Corruption get something similar?
All good ideas. See, my issue is that I used this one specifically so that it would only KB enemies and not kill them for you. Maybe the shroom could do Confusion, but I can't think of any way that Corruption could not kill enemies. Especially with a stack of 5 of these things sitting there spamming on a mob.

*On plantera's bulb

Anyways... clarify something for me real quick. Does the 1% to spread ichor occur per attack or every time it's placed?

Seems cool. How about a corruption version that spews cursed flames, also?

Not sure about the corrupting chance, though.

This is an interesting suggestion. I like the idea of being able to change planteras bulb, but i don't see why doing that would allow you to collect it. Maybe it could spawn a slightly different version of plantera with new abilities (same AI though), and when killed drops an item with the effects, like maybe a plant-able flower? Anyway cool idea.

This is an interesting suggestion. I like the idea of being able to change planteras bulb, but i don't see why doing that would allow you to collect it. Maybe it could spawn a slightly different version of plantera with new abilities (same AI though), and when killed drops an item with the effects, like maybe a plant-able flower? Anyway cool idea.
Yeah no, I mean I'm not trying to add bosses or anything. Seems like if you destroyed the bulb and then killed (Crimson/Corrupt/Fungus) Plantera that the bulb would still be destroyed. This way you're just sort of picking it up as opposed to turning it to mulch with a pickaxe.

Yeah no, I mean I'm not trying to add bosses or anything. Seems like if you destroyed the bulb and then killed (Crimson/Corrupt/Fungus) Plantera that the bulb would still be destroyed. This way you're just sort of picking it up as opposed to turning it to mulch with a pickaxe.
Good point. Although i do feel like they shouldn't have the same sprite as the bulb with different colours. That's just me though. Like i said i really like this idea, especially since they're just support and don't actually deal any real damage

I really like this. It's a very original way of obtaining. I have two complaints, though. One is the corruption chance. It makes them not very attractive to use in most environments. My other complaint is how they all use the same sprite, but just with different colours. I propose these sprites:
m5Lrq43.png
EYHbnYG.png
eXRktKT.png
, this way they all represent the mobs that use the corresponding attacks.

Ooh these are awesome!
Basically a turret for some biomes!
But what about the hallow?
I thought of one for Hallow that would attach light particles to enemies so they can't sneak up on the player.
What would happen if the player sprays Green Solution on Plantera's bulb?
I suppose nothing would happen, as it's already jungle themed.
I really like this. It's a very original way of obtaining. I have two complaints, though. One is the corruption chance. It makes them not very attractive to use in most environments. My other complaint is how they all use the same sprite, but just with different colours. I propose these sprites:
m5Lrq43.png
EYHbnYG.png
eXRktKT.png
, this way they all represent the mobs that use the corresponding attacks.
Those are pretty cool. I was going to update the sprites, but I was thinking of going more or less the same route. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom