Official First 1.3 Spoilers: Rulers & Progress Bars to Dye for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

Consigliere
Staff member
Re-Logic
Administrator
Good day Terrarians,​
We know that our Community has been eagerly anticipating news surrounding the ongoing Terraria. 1.3 update. While we aren't ready just yet to share any of its deepest, darkest secrets, we wanted to take a few minutes to whet your appetite with a small set of enhancements we have already worked into the game!​
First up, we have a tweaked Dye system coupled with a few brand new dyes, courtesy of our newest team member, Skiphs:
y2sBxAp.png

Living_Rainbow_Dye.gif
Living_Flame_Dye.gif

4FKO3ZF.png
"The new dye changes are designed to help add a bit more color to their armor. This occurs in two ways. The first way is that I've allowed for some of the dye color to seep through on areas that were previously considered too light or dark. The second is an overall increase to saturation. As a whole, the changes are minor, and should only be noticeable in cases where the dye would feel very underwhelming before." -Skiphs​

Next, we have a brand new invasion/events status bar that will allow players to track their wave-by-wave progress when tackling any of Terraria's exciting invasion/moon events. This new feature will have an interface option to disable the progress bar in the event that the player does not wish to use it.​
event.gif

Last, but certainly not least, is our new favorite building accessory: the Laser Ruler!​
33WOUfx.gif

*At this point in time it is still too early to begin speculating any type of release date for this update. I do not not want to rush the team or establish an imaginary release date for us to stress over. :)*​

Last edited:
I really wish there was a way to mix all the base dyes together without having to make 100+ separate items, like a specific crafting table that makes one item with NBT data separately. I would love to see some Red and Green dye, or Yellow and Blue, so on etc.

I really wish there was a way to mix all the base dyes together without having to make 100+ separate items, like a specific crafting table that makes one item with NBT data separately. I would love to see some Red and Green dye, or Yellow and Blue, so on etc.
Sadly not that simple - the way dyes are handled it would take a reasonably large rewrite to implement this.

We already knew this, and apart from that..

What about every other dye being mixed up? Like red with green, yellow with blue, purple with orange, Etc?

Reactions: Ali
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom