Resolved The save file ***.player was created with a newer version of terraria and could not be loaded.

thecougfan

Terrarian
WTF. I have the paid version. I was playing 4 hrs ago and it worked fine. Anyone know what i can do to recover my player?

[edit 5/31/2016 by staff - picture link was removed - it was still broken and possibly from a malicious source]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NOF
Apparently the game thinks it's running an earlier version than it actually is, or the character data was corrupted in such a way that it seems like it was created by a later version of the game- either way, the game was coded to refuse to play characters from later versions than the version it is running (stops file corruption from the use of items whose IDs haven't been coded in yet). That's what I think is going on, code-wise. Fixing it, though? I don't know.

I have the Android version 1.2.
(not sure why the pic doesn't work, its just the error message I described at the choose a character screen)

I had this same problem too! My second world and main character were gone... I had a full set of hallowed, orichalcum and palladium!!! I even had a goddamn extractinator! All my hard work of defeating Plantera 5 times and Golem has went down the drain... I feel suicidal.

That happened to me as well!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 1,979
right I remember. Mine wasnt the player bug it was the world bug.
But still my main character was corrupted out too.
JUPKux1.jpg

This just happened to me. ALL MY FRICKING HARD WORK. Someone needs to get attention of a Moderator or 505Games themselves. We cant let this happen. ;-;

Does anyone know how to fix this? It just happened to me and i want to play with all my stuff again! $-_-
No way to fix it. I sent email to 505Games. And promised to never do that again. They suggested some useless "ways to fix it". Of course none worked. In the last email they said that there is no possible way to get lost data back. So yeah, let's not fix it and let players lose all their hard work `-_-

Reactions: NOF
Back
Top Bottom