Game Mechanics Modifiers for "The" Weapons

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Prefixes have a problem with any item that starts with the word "The." All I ask is that you invest a little bit of time to make the prefix appear after the "The."

These are the items with this problem:
  • The Axe
  • The Breaker
  • The Horseman's Blade
  • The Meatball
  • The Plan
  • The Rotted Fork
  • The Undertaker
If there is some way of changing 'Legendary The Axe,' 'Godly The Meatball,' and 'Unreal The Undertaker' to be called 'The Legendary Axe,' 'The Godly Meatball,' and 'The Unreal Undertaker,' as well as fix all of their grammatically confused cousins, that would be awesome.

• Legendary - The Axe
  • (Legendary) The Axe
  • The Axe - Legendary
  • The Axe (Legendary)
  • The Axe: Legenday
...and so on.

Last edited:
Yup, it's an oversight and a reasonable one. For one I believe it would be a huge inconvenience to revamp the names to make 'Legendary The Axe' into 'The Legendary Axe', as the 'The' would be a separate value from the 'Axe'. As I'm not a coder, however, my opinion regarding whether it truly is a huge inconvenience shouldn't be much of value to anyone :p

One other fix I know is simply removing the 'The' from everything to make it 'Legendary Axe'. However it doesn't seem as 'oomph'ey without the 'The'. Man, the rewards and consequences.

Support. This has already been in the console version, so why isn't it in the PC version?

Mainly because the problem was already present when they translated the code to fit the consoles. I'm fairly certain that having to rummage through existing code to fix a trivial problem is a lot tougher than simply writing an already fixed code.

It's unlikely to happen until they've nailed down more important features and fixed known higher priority bugs.

Some reason I feeling to not support this anymore because some of them sound boss that way.
Interesting thing about that. More the you do that, harder the sentences become to read, and less the meaning of them is understood.

I don't see how that was any bosser than speaking proper English. :p Imo, improper the grammar just sounds dumb.

"Damaged The Horseman's Blade"
YOU DAMAGED THE HORSEMAN'S BLADE? WHY? NOW HE'S GONNA COME BACK AND TAKE OUR HEADS!
Headless_Horseman.png

I'm going to repeat what I said on TO.

Don't change it to 'The Legendary Breaker' etc., that would remove the emphasis on the 'the' part of the original name, it completely removes the uniqueness the word 'the' implies.

I would much rather have it change to 'Legendary - The Breaker', it sounds much better and seperating the words like that should be proper english.

Funny thing about that. I actually got decapitated 3 Pumpkin Moons in a row by Headless Horseman. Vindictive little buggers.

True story.
They have the most hp out of any non-boss mob, even the dungeon guardian (that has 1 hp less than them XD)

according to @rangerofthewest, This is just this code that needs to be added
rangerofthewest said:
//apply prefix
public string applyPrefix(string prefix)
{
string revisedName = this.name.replace("The ", "The " + prefix);
return revisedName;
}

All you have to do is replace "The " (with the space after the e). It's not that hard. I'm sure there are other solutions as well, this is just the first that came to mind.
Also, I'll support this too

Back
Top Bottom