Scariest enemy!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dungeon Guardian. Whenever I go into that hellhole without having the equipment to defeat Skeletron, thinking I can get away with it, instantly a flying skull comes outta nowhere and somehow rips me into shreds.

The other players.

(In multiplayer servers.)

You never know what they'll do next.

I lol'd. I was playing with this crazy chick (@Ery )once, and I had only just gotten my world into HM when she decided to (off-screen) fly up and spawn a wyvern. Next thing I see, is a white blur and my character's guts everywhere. So yeah, that was scary.

I lol'd. I was playing with this crazy chick (@Ery )once, and I had only just gotten my world into HM when she decided to (off-screen) fly up and spawn a wyvern. Next thing I see, is a white blur and my character's guts everywhere. So yeah, that was scary.
Bwahaha good times. Scariest for me is.... Hummm... I'm not even sure. Maybe black recluses the first time I met them I wasn't expecting their damage to be so... high.

The Cursed Skull from the Dungeon is probably the scariest enemy to me. Mainly because of its ability to cause cursed, which basically prevents you from fighting for a few seconds which is critical in the normalmode Dungeon with many enemies coming after you. It can also be tricky to hit depending on where it is.

There are many enemies in Terraria that scare me to one degree or another for varying reasons, but as far as ones that have the highest probability of terrifying me, regardless of whether it's for good reason or not:

Face monsters....they look freakish and make the most horrific sounds...they have utterly terrified me ever since my first encounter with one was entirely unexpected and led summarily to my death.

Just about any spider-type enemy. I get nervous around spiders IRL, and in-game is no better....almost worse, thanks to their size and umm...pain-inflicting capabilities. Just one of them on-screen makes me edgy, but when I blunder into a spider nest only to find my screen filled with six or more of the things....I generally panic, to some degree or another. ^.=.^"

Dungeon Guardian, easy. Although a very simple trap trivializes him in terms of difficulty, when a giant skull flies out of the darkness, roaring and spinning, you jump a little bit. Every time.

And I know I'm not the only one who got blind sided by him on their first playthrough, not knowing I wasn't supposed to enter the dungeon yet.

Personally I'm not scared by any of the enemies in Terraria, even so the game has a few things that are a bit scary (albeit most of them are implied), for instance every underground cabin you encounter is abandoned, during hardmode if you haven't beaten them already any of the mech bosses can spawn; effectively killing any ill-prepared players. However this isn't what scares me (sure it's annoying to get mowed down by Dungeon Guardian Prime when I've barely began hardmode but that's besides the point), what scares me is the idea that these are beings that have been sealed away for several years;

It is possible that they (along with the other hardmode bosses) were the undoing of Terraria's civilization

Before they came you always knew, everyone did- for whatever reason bad things would happen non-stop, when they came to an abrupt end you knew it was already too late
-unreadable text from a diary found on a sky island
The Twins would scout the land in search of towns and Sky-Islands, at first they would just look; but soon they started to attack. Spazmatism would burn down wood houses with enchanted flames, Retinazer would snipe down anyone who tried to flee... at the end of the night they would fly off as if they were scared of the sun...

This lead to many people worshiping the sun, as it seemed to vanquish their foes
as such altars were erected that channeled the sun's power, energy that was processed would be used to charge batteries that could then power golems
On the nights when it decided to rear its ugly head it always became gradually colder, it wasn't until someone got frostbite that the blood would start flying...
-unreadable text from a journal found in the Dungeon
Eventually another boss showed up on the scene- Skeletron Prime, he'd blow up any homes he saw, saw golems in halves, and crush or burn anyone that would oppose him- but there was one problem; he always took his time he enjoyed what he did and like to savor Every. Single. Kill,
With there golems dead the people had no way to defend against Prime, as such instead of fleeing from the towns during day time he'd go on a rampage by rapidly spinning his head he could insta-kill anyone he touched
The terror went on for years; the remaining Terrians decided to flee underground. Some would leave the belongings of their lost comrades in chests to honor their departed friends
The quaking was unbearable, when it started it babies would cry but that just made it worse- it was only when the everyone was silent in the village that it would stop
-unreadable text from a diary found in an underground cabin
Life was good underground... for whatever reason The Twins and Skeletron Prime would never travel underground... Then it showed up; it wasn't quite as sadistic as the other two, but it sure was thorough. The Destroyer got it's name for destroying the somewhat salvageable remains of civilization, it would burrow as far as it could and impale everyone with its body, those who tried to fight back were shot down by attack probes that would were launched out of it's body
The handful that survived The Destroyer's onslaught ventured into hell, here they made an agreement with the denizens of the underworld, the souls of the raging bosses would be locked away; the flesh of those they've killed along with the souls of one family line would create a wall of flesh, should the family line ever die out so would the WoF and the spirits would once again be released

TL;DR: James is scared of the hardmode mech bosses... also possible Terraria Lore

Last edited:
Face Monster

2spooky4me

Face_Monster.png

Before when i begun playing the game, I used to be scared of Worms, since one appeared from nothing and scared the hell outta me, dunno if the char died, but I already lost the fear of that mob.

Now the monster I have fear of is the Dungeon Guardian and kind of the Brain of Cthulhu.
BOC for slaughtering me 4 times on the last run i had, Dungeon Guardian because, well, kind of obvious, everytime i try to enter a Underground Crimson/Corruption i check if there is no Dungeon nearby.

Personally I'm not scared by any of the enemies in Terraria, even so the game has a few things that are a bit scary (albeit most of them are implied), for instance every underground cabin you encounter is abandoned, during hardmode if you haven't beaten them already any of the mech bosses can spawn; effectively killing any ill-prepared players. However this isn't what scares me (sure it's annoying to get mowed down by Dungeon Guardian Prime when I've barely began hardmode but that's besides the point), what scares me is the idea that these are beings that have been sealed away for several years;

It is possible that they (along with the other hardmode bosses) were the undoing of Terraria's civilization

Before they came you always knew, everyone did- for whatever reason bad things would happen non-stop, when they came to an abrupt end you knew it was already too late
-unreadable text from a diary found on a sky island
The Twins would scout the land in search of towns and Sky-Islands, at first they would just look; but soon they started to attack. Spazmatism would burn down wood houses with enchanted flames, Retinazer would snipe down anyone who tried to flee... at the end of the night they would fly off as if they were scared of the sun...

This lead to many people worshiping the sun, as it seemed to vanquish their foes
as such altars were erected that channeled the sun's power, energy that was processed would be used to charge batteries that could then power golems
On the nights when it decided to rear its ugly head it always became gradually colder, it wasn't until someone got frostbite that the blood would start flying...
-unreadable text from a journal found in the Dungeon
Eventually another boss showed up on the scene- Skeletron Prime, he'd blow up any homes he saw, saw golems in halves, and crush or burn anyone that would oppose him- but there was one problem; he always took his time he enjoyed what he did and like to savor Every. Single. Kill,
With there golems dead the people had no way to defend against Prime, as such instead of fleeing from the towns during day time he'd go on a rampage by rapidly spinning his head he could insta-kill anyone he touched
The terror went on for years; the remaining Terrians decided to flee underground. Some would leave the belongings of their lost comrades in chests to honor their departed friends
The quaking was unbearable, when it started it babies would cry but that just made it worse- it was only when the everyone was silent in the village that it would stop
-unreadable text from a diary found in an underground cabin
Life was good underground... for whatever reason The Twins and Skeletron Prime would never travel underground... Then it showed up; it wasn't quite as sadistic as the other two, but it sure was thorough. The Destroyer got it's name for destroying the somewhat salvageable remains of civilization, it would burrow as far as it could and impale everyone with its body, those who tried to fight back were shot down by attack probes that would were launched out of it's body
The handful that survived The Destroyer's onslaught ventured into hell, here they made an agreement with the denizens of the underworld, the souls of the raging bosses would be locked away; the flesh of those they've killed along with the souls of one family line would create a wall of flesh, should the family line ever die out so would the WoF and the spirits would once again be released

TL;DR: James is scared of the hardmode mech bosses... also possible Terraria Lore
You put way too much effort into this post.

Black widows are the reason I try to explore the whole underground pre hardmode so I don't run into them... I freak out at the sight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom