Weapons & Equip Melee Lifesteal- For Corruption Worlds

I should point out your calculations seem to ignore defense completely. Factoring in defense of all mobs in Hardmode and Events, the average defense would be around 28~30, which means around 15 damage reduction per hit. And seeing as VK has a lower base damage, it will suffer a lot more than SoTC when it comes to real DPS.

ichor.

Ichor doesn't remove the whole defense..

no, but it gives you about 10 extra damage per hit, and since the scourge of the corruptor has less projectiles and slower speed, it wouldn't benefit as much. however, you can't even get ichor in corruption worlds, so the vampire knives are even more powerful.

no, but it gives you about 10 extra damage per hit, and since the scourge of the corruptor has less projectiles and slower speed, it wouldn't benefit as much. however, you can't even get ichor in corruption worlds, so the vampire knives are even more powerful.
Still, the corruptor is faster than the Vampire Knives, don't forget about that..

Still, the corruptor is faster than the Vampire Knives, don't forget about that..

VK use time: 16
scourge use time: 19
velocity of VK: 15
velocity of scourge: 14

and as for defense:

scourge average damage with 3 eaters: 160

VK average damage with 6 knives: 174

against a mob with 30 defense, let's see how this will go: 30 defense=-15 damage taken per hit, 29-15=14x6=84 scourge, 64-15=49 mini eaters, 32-15=17,
17x3+49=100.

so against a mob with 30 defense with average projectiles:

VK: 84

scourge: 100

with least projectiles: 29-15=14x4=56. scourge, 64-15=49, mini eaters: 32-15=17x2=34+49=83. VK, 29-15=14x4=56.

VK: 56

scourge: 83

with most projectiles: 14x8=112. 17x4=68+49=117.

so it would seem that the scourge has more damage against high defense enemies.

however, VK have ichor, and scourge has cursed flames. ichor gives +10 damage(to enemies with 20 or more defense) per projectile, while cursed flames gives only 4 extra DPS for all projectiles combined, and affects less enemies.

Last edited:
Support
EDIT: Just wondering, the debuff has a good synergy with frost armor and fire gauntlet (also you can add a damaging flask). And I don't mean it to be overpowered, look that badass "Paladin's Hammer". Adding this debuff will make it more used (and useful:)).

Last edited:
Ok, I havent even looked at this thread in weeks. Everyone seemed to hate it, so i kinda abandoned it... Seriously, stop the arguing. Thats why i unwatched this thread in the first place.

Ok, I havent even looked at this thread in weeks. Everyone seemed to hate it, so i kinda abandoned it... Seriously, stop the arguing. Thats why i unwatched this thread in the first place.
I don't know what's the point of making a suggestion if you don't want people's feedback

I did for a while. But then after a few pages it just turned into a bunch of pointless arguing that I didn't want to be a part of.

that was probably my fault, sorry. i'll avoid turning your threads into the hunger games from now on.:p

Last edited:
I understand your logic, but I can't support this. Adding life steal to a homing weapon that shoots insane amounts of eaters out will kill the vampire knives as a weapon.

full support. this will give me a bit more enjoyment in playing summoner. i always end up running melee summoner and have to hunt down the vamp knives to get even a little support added into survivability. your idea is nice, and not disturbingly OP in any way.

[edit] it's basically like enhanced regen if it is doing constant damage.

full support. this will give me a bit more enjoyment in playing summoner. i always end up running melee summoner and have to hunt down the vamp knives to get even a little support added into survivability. your idea is nice, and not disturbingly OP in any way.

[edit] it's basically like enhanced regen if it is doing constant damage.
Remember what spectre used to be like when you brought out a magnet sphere? Yeah, more or less the same thing. To compound onto the issue of giving a homing, long ranged weapon life steal, it can also have flasks applied to it/frost armour/fire gauntlet, for a homing, life stealing, long ranged, bouncing, DoTing mass of death and destruction. Unless the life steal was only applied to the initial projectile...

Remember what spectre used to be like when you brought out a magnet sphere? Yeah, more or less the same thing. To compound onto the issue of giving a homing, long ranged weapon life steal, it can also have flasks applied to it/frost armour/fire gauntlet, for a homing, life stealing, long ranged, bouncing, DoTing mass of enemies.
Might as well be able to have fun murdering everything ever, considering the RNG hell I have to go through to get one.

Although this would be a problem due to the homing and splitting effect of the SoC so the question is, if it did, how much would it steal?

Back
Top Bottom