Weapons & Equip [Summoner] Flesh Eating plants!

LoM2

Retinazer
I tried spriting for this and failed amazingly. (Plants are hard.) Not even going to bother, if someone wants to make a proper sprite for the staffs that would be great.

Anyways, as you can probably tell from the title:
Man_Eater.png

Yeah, we're dealing with these guys.

FloraGrip Staff:
index.php
(Sprite by @Baconfry )
Summons a carnivorous plant to fight for you.
(Summons either a mini Snatcher or Man eater).
Mana Cost: 10

Crafted:

These things will be attatched to you via a vine and extend up to 8 blocks (Snatcher) and 16 blocks (Man Eater).

Unlike their normal counterparts, they will not just blindly whack into your enemies. Instead they function like the Piranha Gun projectile, latching on and dealing continuous damage. (I'm probably bleeding that thing dry at this point. Sorry.)

Snatcher:
5 Damage
Pulls enemies closer in

Man Eater:
12 damage

JungleFury Staff
index.php
(Sprite by @Pinelord )
Summons a Angry Trapper to fight for you.
Crafting:
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
FloraGrip Staff x 1

Mana Cost: 20
Knockback: Insane

index.php

Unlike the first thing, this one doesn't function like the Piranha gun. Even I'm tired of that attack pattern.

35 Damage
Lashes out quickly before retracting.

(Think Golem Fist style attack.)

That was a rather quick suggestion. As usual, any suggestions and feedback are welcome (especially in terms of the JungleRage crafting).

Last edited:
If you're willing, that would be great :)
You know, I'd be happy to make sprites for you any time you needed them. I'm not the only one too, there are plenty of other people perfectly willing to that I know of.

You know, I'd be happy to make sprites for you any time you needed them. I'm not the only one too, there are plenty of other people perfectly willing to that I know of.
Thanks for the kind offer :) I try to do my own sprites when I can, because otherwise I have no way of improving, and I have been learning (mainly because every time I post a sprite @Everybody goes and posts a improved one).

Thanks for the kind offer :) I try to do my own sprites when I can, because otherwise I have no way of improving, and I have been learning (mainly because every time I post a sprite @Everybody goes and posts a improved one).
Well then keep trying and don't stop until you're at a point you're satisfied with! Your efforts make me happy.
Rage Plant Staff.png
RagePlant.png

Also, may I suggest that you change the name of the JungleRage staff to RagePlant staff? Something about the name Jungle Rage just doesn't sound right to me.

Well then keep trying and don't stop until you're at a point you're satisfied with! Your efforts make me happy.
View attachment 31750 View attachment 31749
Also, may I suggest that you change the name of the JungleRage staff to RagePlant staff? Something about the name Jungle Rage just doesn't sound right to me.
Thanks for the sprites.

As for the name, I think I'm going to my old strategy of sticking words into a latin translator until I find one that sounds cool :p
EDIT: No words that sound recognizable enough. Renamed to JungleFury which sounds a little better.

Really cool ideas! Like the stuff a lot, and I'm enjoying seeing your suggestions come out, they are all really good :)

I like it. Maybe reduce the damage of the trapper one and make it crafted from the previous one + chlorophyte? It'd be a tier lower, but that seems like a better solution than more boss drop RNG.

I like it. Maybe reduce the damage of the trapper one and make it crafted from the previous one + chlorophyte? It'd be a tier lower, but that seems like a better solution than more boss drop RNG.
... Why did I not consider chlorophyte?

Revising recipe.

maybe make them stationary summoning weapons, instead of the usual minions that follow you
Nope. Let's be honest, basically nobody uses those things except maybe for extra DPS during events/boss battles. They're clunky, there's a very small window outside of endgame where they're actually viable weapons (HM, Post Plantera and Post-Moonlord, the latter being honestly a really odd time to add two more of these things) and they really don't complement exploration.

Nope. Let's be honest, basically nobody uses those things except maybe for extra DPS during events/boss battles. They're clunky, there's a very small window outside of endgame where they're actually viable weapons (HM, Post Plantera and Post-Moonlord, the latter being honestly a really odd time to add two more of these things) and they really don't complement exploration.

well think about it, having like 10 angry trappers coming out of your body would look kind of.. weird. it would fit the stationary role more, but i understand what you said about how nobody uses them.

So are these traditional summons or turret weapons. If they are traditional summons how would they stay near you?
Wait, nevermind, I get it now. This is a great idea, something to have before fighting queen bee, that isn't a slime.

Back
Top Bottom