Weapons & Equip Shock/Lightning gear

neoselket

Ice Queen
Shock gear would be a mid-hardmode gear set that would be similar to frost armor.

Shock bar
5 molten bar, 5 hallowed bar, 3 electroplasm, 1 soul of fright at mythril or orichalcum anvil
yields 5
tooltip: "sizzling with energy"

Lightning helmet
10 defense
+10% attack speed
crafted with 10 shock bars and 5 electroplasm at a mythril or orichalcum anvil

Storm platemail
20 defense
+10% attack damage
Crafted with 20 shock bars and 5 electroplasm at a mythril or orichalcum anvil

Shock greaves
13 defense
+10% knockback
crafted with 13 shock bars at a mythril or orichalcum anvil
Set bonus: melee and ranged (and possibly magic) attacks give the "shocked!!!!" debuff for 5 seconds, which freezes mobs and continously deals damage at roughly the rate of "on fire!". event enemies and bosses just take damage.
grants resistance to the "shocked!!!!" debuff.
Shock debuff can be resisted by equipping rubber padding, dropped uncommonly from cavern enemies. can be crafted into an ankh shield.

full armor:

thanks to @Narwhal In A Bucket for the sprite!
Storm Blade
50 attack damage
fast speed
no autoswing
strong knockback
crafted with 13 shock bars, 3 electroplasm, and 20 souls of fright at a mythril or orichalcum anvil
shoots a bolt of electricity (lightning) at enemies which deals 30 damage, will curve slightly to hit enemies,and travels roughly 10 blocks from the sword.
30% chance to give the "shocked!!!!" debuff for 3 seconds. (100% chance and 5 seconds if using full shock armor)
tooltip: "sizzling with energy"[/COLOR]

Lightning bow
45 attack damage
fast speed
no auto fire
medium knockback
shoots electric arrows at enemies with the velocity of a marrow, 30% chance to give the "shocked!!!!" debuff for 3 seconds
crafted with 20 shock bars, 3 electroplasm, and 20 souls of fright at a mythril or orichalcum anvil
tooltip: "fires arrows sizzling with energy"
Note: If the Stormfury is added, it could be crafted with electroplasm.

Shock Elemental
damage: 55
health: 200
defense: 20
knockback resistance: 40%
1% chance to drop random shock item. (excluding bars)
shoots bolts of electricity at the player with a 30% chance to inflict the "shocked!!!!" debuff
60% chance to drop 1-5 electroplasm
spawns underground, or aboveground in thunderstorms, same rarity underground as cursed hammer except slightly more common, does not spawn in dungeon, underworld, corruption, crimson, or hallow, excluding aboveground thunderstorms.
two thirds as common as angry nimbus during thunderstorms.

Electroplasm
dropped by shock elemental
used to craft shock gear

Attachments

• electroplasm.png
    electroplasm.png
    372 bytes · Views: 541
  • electric bow.PNG
    electric bow.PNG
    331 bytes · Views: 589
  • shock elemental.png
    shock elemental.png
    521 bytes · Views: 534
  • lightning sword.PNG
    lightning sword.PNG
    524 bytes · Views: 357
  • shock greaves.png
    shock greaves.png
    271 bytes · Views: 520
  • shock bar.png
    shock bar.png
    365 bytes · Views: 529
  • lightning helmet.PNG
    lightning helmet.PNG
    354 bytes · Views: 532
  • lightning platemail.png
    lightning platemail.png
    323 bytes · Views: 544
  • player with lightning armor.png
    player with lightning armor.png
    807 bytes · Views: 516
  • Lightning Sword by narwhal.png
    Lightning Sword by narwhal.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 579
Last edited:
You know, I just sensed that this was going to get ripped apart...

Basically, "Shock" freezes stuff and sets on fire. Do you see why this is a problem?

No?

Its because I can take any sword, stand next to any mob I want and just continuously hack it to death, and it'll be frozen so there's nothing it can do. And it'll also be taking fire damage!

No support.

-1 Support. Shock is OP everywhere, even to bosses if they aren't immune. The mobs can still attack, right?

you make good points, but the shock debuff isn't really any different from wearing frost armor and drinking a flask of nanites(inflicts confusion, makes enemies run away from you).

mangle: good. that's the point, haha.

lom2: mobs will still hurt you, so if you touch them, they deal normal damage, and ranged mobs, like archer skeletons, usually hold still anyway, and with the shock effect they would still shoot at you.

nardia: there are many weapons you can use to "stun lock" enemies, such as the mini-megashark, muramasa, cobalt sword, spears, etc.

everybody: bosses and event enemies (pumpkin moon, solar eclipse, etc.) are immune to the freezing effect of the armor, and just take damage. also, the destroyer is completely immune to the shock effect. and yes, mobs can still hurt you normally, they just dont move, so archer skeletons, for instance, would basically just take damage. plus, didn't you make a thread on stun bullets once?

otherwise, what would you suggest to balance it?

Last edited:
I guess we can get this,but why one of your suggestion wasn't resprites and this one does?
Because the helmet just seems like a chlorophyte helmet resprite...

I guess we can get this,but why one of your suggestion wasn't resprites and this one does?
Because sprites are hard and it's much easier to just resprite something than to start from scratch.

Also the Fury Gear thing was done at a later time (I assume that's what you're referencing) so he would have had time to improve and stuff.

Because sprites are hard and it's much easier to just resprite something than to start from scratch.

Also the Fury Gear thing was done at a later time (I assume that's what you're referencing) so he would have had time to improve and stuff.
Oh.

it is a resprite, and this one was made earlier when i wasn't so good at spriting. i'm still not very good, but i'm better. these are just meant to get the general idea across.

Back
Top Bottom