Weapons & Equip Rope Arrows (and more!)

LoM2

Retinazer
Seen a few suggestions about ropes today. Might as well tag along.
And I'm sure at least some of you have already figured out my love of weaponizing pretty much anything.

Lets go. Not bothering to sprite for this because it's a pretty small suggestion.

Rope Arrows:
1x
Wooden_Arrow_Horizontal.png
+ 1 x
Rope_Coil.png
= 1 Rope Arrow
6 Damage
Upon hitting the side of a block, creates a rope coil.
Upon hitting an enemy, inflicts slow (tangles them up and all that)

When shot, looks like a wooden arrow with a rope coil attatched to the end. If it hits the top of a block without placing any rope, the entire coil is dropped.

Rope Dart Gun
Blowgun.png
x 1 +
Stinger.png
x 1 +
Rope_Coil.png
30 Damage
Does not require ammo
Shoots out a dart with a rope attatched. When it hits an enemy, it drags him back towards you. You may not shoot out another dart until the first one is fully retracted.

Rope Hook
Throwing_Knife.png
x 1 +
Rope_Coil.png
x 1 = Rope Hook
10 Damage
Works as both a hook and a weapon.
Hook: Extends 10 blocks.
Weapon: If hits a mob, drags him back towards you (Like the Rope Dart Gun.) Has a 20% chance of breaking when used as a weapon. (Can be stacked.)

Can be fired when used by the Grapple Hotkey. Combos ftw! (Actually, this would be really cool used alongside a shortsword...)

Suggested by @Pumpking
Crafting:
Cannonball.png
Rope_Coil.png
100 Damage
Fired out of a cannon. (Didn't think this warranted an entirely new cannon). Instead of exploding on impact, rolls around (think boulder) and snares anything it touches with rope. (Inflicts slow.)
Leaves a trail of up to 100 rope.

Feedback is, as always, appreciated. (And yes, I was thinking of AC when making the last two.)

Last edited:
Support! More uses for ropes. :D
Also, how about a Rope Cannon that shoots tones of rope? (maybe Hardmode tier?)

Support! More uses for ropes. :D
Also, how about a Rope Cannon that shoots tones of rope? (maybe Hardmode tier?)
I have absolutely NO idea why we need that and I love it. Adding once I finish this other suggestion.

When I first saw the title it looked like "Rape Arrows"

Support.

I....don't even

OT: I honestly thought this wasn't going to be so great. However now I think Green Arrow and realise how awesome that would be. Come to think of it it'd be pretty cool if we could High Wire walk across sideways placed ropes :p Anyway I support

Really cool idea! Don’t know exactly how the rope dart gun would work but sounds great! Never mind, I get it haha. Rope hook sounds really cool! Tt would be consumable, right? Support!

Really cool idea! Don’t know exactly how the rope dart gun would work but sounds great! Never mind, I get it haha. Rope hook sounds really cool! Tt would be consumable, right? Support!
20 % chance of breaking, so not fitting "consumable" as it works now but you can't just carry one and use that forever.

I like this idea another use for rope cause i rarely used it but now i'd be able to make a game from it or something

I don't understand why we need the rope arrows, because we have rope coils. Rope coils are a little hard to use though... What about rope bullets? :)

Back
Top Bottom