tAPI Dark Souls Weapons Mod

Drdragonfly

Skeletron Prime
[Download]
tAPI version: r14a, Terraria 1.2.4.1
mod version: v1.0.1.1

r5fnNvK.png

General Information:

This mod aims to add Dark Souls weapons and related Dark Souls content to Terraria. Currently there are 73 weapons, mostly melee, which can be upgraded to a maximum of +3.
I will be updating the mod to add more progression and new content.

Weapons are crafted from Titanite Shards
LD9UK7q.png
These are crafted from 1 Iron/Lead Bar, 1 Silver/Tungsten Bar, and 1 Chain at a Stone Kiln.
The Stone Kiln is crafted from Stone and Torches.
Large Titanite
fxJsCAX.png
, Titanite Chunks
jMt5I4v.png
, and Titanite Slabs
IaQdjeO.png
are used for upgrading.

AD2nN0o.png

UzjTFFO.png

tOpUDic.png

msQrYBK.png

Credits:
Thank you to
- @SwankyFlea for helping with quite a few sprites
- @Geneen for providing a couple of sprites
- tAPI development Team

v1.0.1 - 20.04.2015
Added upgrade system to current Weapons. Can be upgraded to +3.
Added Large Titanite Shards, Titanite Chunks and Titanite Slabs for upgrade.

v1.0.0.2 - 14.03.2015
Edit of certain weapon sounds
Maxstacks for Titanite Shards and Stone Kilns adjusted

v1.0.0.1 - 23.02.2015
Bugfix

v1.0.0.0 - 23.02.2015
Added 73 Weapons

This mod is still in development and ideas, testing, coding and spriting help are always very welcome. Thank You.

Last edited:
Crashed after reloading mods.
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No key "g:CraftGroup3" found
at TAPI.WrapperDictionary`2.get_Item( key)
at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.HandleCraftGroups(TAPI.ModBase modBase, LitJson.JsonData j, System.String fname)
at TAPI.CraftGroupResolver.Resolve()
at TAPI.ResolverQueue.ResolveAll()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

Crashed after reloading mods.
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No key "g:CraftGroup3" found
at TAPI.WrapperDictionary`2.get_Item( key)
at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.HandleCraftGroups(TAPI.ModBase modBase, LitJson.JsonData j, System.String fname)
at TAPI.CraftGroupResolver.Resolve()
at TAPI.ResolverQueue.ResolveAll()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

Thank you for pointing this out. It should be fixed now. The download link has been updated.

OH YEAH !
Dark Souls !

If you can, ask Tim for Dark Souls mod. Perhaps you'll allowed to port to tAPI.
While i don't know what Tim is working now :happy::happy:

And for bit suggesting, Rapier is thrusting. If you can make its anim thrusting, that would be great.
Also, special weapons with special power attacks also good. i.e. Dragonslayer Spear, MLGS

OH YEAH !
Dark Souls !

If you can, ask Tim for Dark Souls mod. Perhaps you'll allowed to port to tAPI.
While i don't know what Tim is working now :happy::happy:

And for bit suggesting, Rapier is thrusting. If you can make its anim thrusting, that would be great.
Also, special weapons with special power attacks also good. i.e. Dragonslayer Spear, MLGS
I would love to cooperate with Tim. However he has seemingly been gone from TO since November and hasn't made an account here on TCF.

Rapier class weapons do work as you described, similarly to shortswords in vanilla Terraria. Your idea is quite good, I'll see what I can do about adding the special attacks you mentioned (and others that come to mind). Although it will depend on how difficult it is to implement.

I would love to cooperate with Tim. However he has seemingly been gone from TO since November and hasn't made an account here on TCF.

Rapier class weapons do work as you described, similarly to shortswords in vanilla Terraria. Your idea is quite good, I'll see what I can do about adding the special attacks you mentioned (and others that come to mind). Although it will depend on how difficult it is to implement.
Yeah. I would love it.

Maybe it's based like North Pole ?
Fiery Greatsword -> Quelaag sword
Terra Blade -> MLGS

and such of things :)

On thing I noticed, the Stone Kiln and Titanite Shards both stack to 250.
Stone Kiln should be 99, to fit with other forges.
Titanite Shards should stack to 99 or 999. (up to you)

To be true to Dark Souls you should give the katanas longer hitboxes than the sprite and give the drake sword a constant stinky debuff.
I believe you will find the Katanas to be large enough as they are. For the drake sword I was thinking of adding the special two handed attack, but you know, whatever works for you ;)
Drake sword is actually a pretty good early speedrun weapon.

I'll just quote your reply to my mod:
Haha, this is amazing. Nice work Chadwick Drdragonfly. I love seeing small, refined mods like this one.
Since it applies perfectly. The mod looks really nice. Are all of the weapons Pre-HM or are some crafted with other (hardmode) materials along with the titanite shards?

I'll just quote your reply to my mod:

Since it applies perfectly. The mod looks really nice. Are all of the weapons Pre-HM or are some crafted with other (hardmode) materials along with the titanite shards?
Thanks, I'm glad to hear you like it. For now all of the weapons are Pre-HM and even Pre-EoW. However I am going to add early hardmode weapons in the next update and a couple more tiers in later updates. The idea is that you will have the choice of sticking with one or a couple weapons you enjoy using and upgrade those.

I was wondering, will you by any chance add a way to upgrade the weapons with different forms of titanite (for example from titanite shard -> large titanite shard -> titanite chunk -> titanite slab) and have different upgrade paths (for example blue titanite, white titanite, red titanite, green titanite)? Also, to stick with the Souls tradition, the stacks for the titanites should be 99 I believe. While I'm at it...

d0e.gif

Back
Top Bottom