• Yes

• OP (Why)

• UP (Underpowered) (Why)

• Needs work (Reply)

• Cats

Results are only viewable after voting.

bzhen0

Terrarian
This is for an early, all the way to late game (kinda) weapon. Your fists!
Early game you can start with an empty slot, later in the game you can create metal knuckles or magical gloves that increase your fist's damage or gives it special effects.
Damage with fists vary, the closer to you they are the more damage it does, same with KB.
Fists work like shortswords, but you can aim where they go, instead of just going in front of you and being useless vs flying monsters.
Fists cannot -Go Through- Enemies, if the enemies are very close they fists can go back and punch again faster, like golem fist.
Most of these are not autoswing.
All Melee damage (With some exceptions)
Gloves can be equiped in a special "Glove" Accessory slot that "upgrades" your normal fists so you can still fight with an empty slot.

Fists (Empty Slot)
3-6 Damage
Range = Copper Shortsword
Use time : ~14
KB : 2.5-3

Wooden Knuckles
40 Wood?
6-9 Damage
Range = Shortsword
Use Time : 14
KB 3-3.25

Iron/Lead Knuckles
8 or 10 Bars of Iron/Lead
9-13 Damage
Range = Shortsword
KB 3.5

Platinum/Gold Knuckles
8 or 10 Platinum/Gold (Matches Above)
12-15 Damge
Range = Shortsword
Use time : 13
KB 3.5

Corrupted Glove
3 Leather, 8 or 10 Demonite
21-24 Damage (((5)Extra Damage) for special effect)
Range = Shortsword and a half
Use time : 13
KB 3.25
Glows

Vampre's Embrance
10-12 Crimtane Bar
15-18 Damage
Range = Shortsword and a forth
Use time : 14
KB 3
Each hit heals 1-2 hp

Meteorite Handset
14 Meteorite Bars
14-15 Damage
Range = Shortsword and a half
Use time : 14
KB 2.5
Each hit heals (uhh... balancing.....) ~ 3-5 mana?

Hell's Hand
15 Hellstone Bars
22-25 Damage
Range = Shortsword.5
Use time : 15
KB 3.5
Each punch shoots out a projectile that pierces 2 enemies and does....... ~17 damage each (So you can beat WoF with it)
Glows
Sets monsters on fire

Wild Claws
15 Jungle Spores, 10 Stingers
13-18 Damage
Range = Shortsword.25
Use time : 10
KB 2
33% to poison for 3 seconds

Brawler's Punching Gloves
Wild Claws, Hell's Hand, Meteorite Handset, Corrupted Glove or Vampre's Embrace
35-40 Damage
Range = Shortsword.25
Use Time : 13
KB 3.5

All of these require 16 of the respective bar
Colbolt Knuckles
33-43 Damage
Range = Shortsword.5
Use Time 12
KB 3
Palladium Knuckles
37-47 Damage
Range = Shortsword.5
Use Time 14
KB 3
Mythril Knuckles
Damage 40-45
Range = Shortsword.5
Use time 12
KB 3.25
Orichalcum Knuckles
37-49 Damage
Range = Shortsword.5
Use time 12
KB 3.25
Adamantite Knuckles
40-53 Damage
Range = Shortsword.5
Use time 12
KB 3.5
Titanium Knuckles
43-58 Damage
Range = Shortsword.5
Use time 12
KB 3.5
Hallowed Hand
45-55 Damage
Range = Shortsword.75
Use Time 11
KB 3.25

Projectiles do not crit
Knight's Brawling Gloves
Brawler's Punching Gloves, Broken Hero Sword....? (We really need a replacement for these)
65-85 Damage
Use time 11
Range = 2 Shortsword
KB 2.75
Shoots out tiny fist lasers (Projectile size = fist size) :) each doing 30-60 damage, the farther away the enemy is, the more damage it does, no pierce.
Angelic Hand
Hallowed Hand, Broken Hero Sword
30-60 Damage
Use time 9
Range = Shortsword.75
KB 2.5
Shoots tiny fist lasers, each doing 30-60 damage, the closer the enemy is, the more damage it does, no pierce.
Lucifer's Spite (Or Terra Glove, kinda dull though)
Hallowed Hand, Knight's Brawling Gloves, Broken Hero Sword
75-100 Damage
Use time 10
Range = 2 x Shortsword
KB 2.75
Shoots Not-So-Tiny laser fists (2x as big as last 2) that deal 80-100 damage. Damage is random, pierces once.
Autoswing

Untamed Beast Claws
10 Chlorophyte Bars
55-70 Damage
Use time 7
Range = Shortsword.25
KB 2
Shoots spore clouds that do 50-70 damage, Random(Every 1 Second). Autoswing.
Spectre's Hand Wrap
2 Enchanted Fabric, 16 Ectoplasm, 10 Chlorophyte Bars
55-85 Damage
Use Time : 16
Range = 2x Shortsword
KB 2.75
Shoots a choice of 3 random projectiles, or none at all. (Every 1.5 seconds)
10% Life Bond Orb - Shoots a Chlorophyte Claymore-like projectile, it heals for 50% of the damage done.
25% Bound Sword - Sends a sword swing around the player in a circle, upon hitting an enemy it does 40-60 damage. Cannot have more then 3 at once.
40% Acursed Fire - Spews Greek Fire Cursed Fire on the ground that lasts 5 seconds, enemies that touch take 30 damage and get Cursed Flames. Damage can be doubled if 2 fires are touching the same enemy at the same time. CF lasts 4 seconds
25% Punch - Punch does 125% Damage and has +30% chance to crit.
Mad Beetle Gauntlet
75-110 Damage
Range : 2.5 x Shortsword
KB 3
Punch can charge the punch. Max charge time = 5 Seconds, you can hold max charge for 3 seconds.
Charging slows player by 25%
At max charge the punch does 3.5x Damage, has 100% Crit,is as wide as 1.5 the height of the player and is 3 times longer.
Shroomite Multi-Use Claw
Shroomite Digging Claw, 15 Leather, 25 Spikes, 15 Wooden Spikes, 10 Shroomite Bars.
100-130 Damage
Use Time : 11
Range = 1.5x Shroomite Digging Claw
KB 2.75
Normal Crit Chance = 10%, going up to 40% crit chance the faster you are. 40% while running on asphalt with panic necklace effect and speed potion.
Has digging and chopping power of Shroomite Digging Claw (You can dig/chop with your empty fist now :) )

Reach Extender
Extends range of Fists by 1.5
5 Leather (Leather can now be made with 5 vertebrae)
7 Iron or Lead
40 Ebonwood or Shadewood
Enchanted Fabric
25 Leather, 10 Souls of Sight, 10 Souls of Fright, 3 Tattered Cloth (Mehehe! Go and hunt for it!)
Doubles Use time, rounds down, halfs ALL (even projectile) damage.
Enables autoswing (or punch)
(Basically, chance for a lot more crit damage, but only if you get in close)
Also gives punch a slight glow, you can see your fist, but it does not light up the area (like HHB)

Still WIP
Anyone want to do sprites for me? :D

Last edited:
As much as I would love some new short-range weapons, I don't think this is a particularly good way of going about it. Most of these just aren't practical, especially going against any enemy that doesn't take knockback ("Take that paladin!" *head squished by a hammer*).

Maybe take a look at the Bladed Glove for an example of a good short-range weapon.
As it is, no support.

This isn't supposed to be practical ;-; its just for fighting normal enemies, not bosses or such. Most enemies take knockback anyway, also besides, I'm not done yet :E

This isn't supposed to be practical ;-; its just for fighting normal enemies, not bosses or such. Most enemies take knockback anyway, also besides, I'm not done yet :E
It's a weapon, and yet it's not practical...? If you have one at every tier up to hallowed, I expect it to have at least some reason that I should use it. Right now a sword of equal tier seems like a much better choice, especially once we're out of Early PreHM.

Also, I judge ideas based on what exists. I can't just dig through your brain for what's not posted yet, so "I'm not done yet" really doesn't work as an excuse. Especially since it doesn't justify the practicality thing.

Actually due to high use rate if you get close and spam it does much more damage, but at the risk of taking tons of damage if you can't keep them back. You can just wait for me to finish to see what I'm thinking ;{} :redmunch:

What I meant by not practical is that it won't beat any boss of a similar tier, that is til endgame

Last edited:
3-6 Damage with your fists by default?
I think the damage should be lowered to 1-3, your fist should be a last-resort thing.

Otherwise, I support.

8/10, needs tweaks. :dryadindifferent:
srsly though if this gets added i am doing a whole play through with these

I love this idea! It'd be nice having a weapon you can always use... Perfect for my adventure maps:D

Actually due to high use rate if you get close and spam it does much more damage, but at the risk of taking tons of damage if you can't keep them back. You can just wait for me to finish to see what I'm thinking ;{} :redmunch:
While that would be true, it's still a lot less practical than a lot of other weapons. The only one (that I read, there's quite a lot and most of it is just stats) that actually seems applicable in most situations is the Hellstone one.

Also, in regards to the other point, if I have to wait for you to finish, then what exactly is the point of posting the suggestion in an unfinished form...? As far as I can tell, the only reason you would really need to post the suggestion before it's finished is to get feedback to make the rest better, but if your reasoning for any existing problems is that it's not finished... doesn't that kind of negate the point?

3-6 Damage with your fists by default?
I think the damage should be lowered to 1-3, your fist should be a last-resort thing.

Otherwise, I support.

8/10, needs tweaks. :dryadindifferent:
srsly though if this gets added i am doing a whole play through with these
Early game you will probably rush a wooden sword, and even if you die you will respawn with copper shortsword. If I nerf the damage to 1-3 it becomes literally useless.

While that would be true, it's still a lot less practical than a lot of other weapons. The only one (that I read, there's quite a lot and most of it is just stats) that actually seems applicable in most situations is the Hellstone one.

Also, in regards to the other point, if I have to wait for you to finish, then what exactly is the point of posting the suggestion in an unfinished form...? As far as I can tell, the only reason you would really need to post the suggestion before it's finished is to get feedback to make the rest better, but if your reasoning for any existing problems is that it's not finished... doesn't that kind of negate the point?

It takes time to type all this stuff, and reference it to the actual weapons to check its not overly op. Also I don't to keep it in an unfinished state because my laptop is starting to crash more often then usual now :_:
This IS (sort of) practical (but not a lot). Using this basically gives you tons of more damage potential in exchange for your safety.

ahhh.... almost done :) just need to finish accessories and add moon and Fishron stuff :3 I'll save that for tomorrow though

It's interesting. How would the animation look? My only concern is that it might be weird for a Terraria character to punch. Other than that, it's an awesome concept.

A (maybe gloved) fist would -extend- from the player, if the player is running forward its forward punch, if your running backwards then the hand reaches its max distance from the player and comes back almost instantly. Maybe when you have an empty slot equiped the charater goes into a "combat stance" to make the punching look less strange.

Hey look! It's a thing!
Knuckle_Things.png

Back
Top Bottom