Name 1 habit that you simply cant shake in Terraria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When building a place for the NPC's I always, ALWAYS make a tower block type housing with a rope and platforms to get to each floor. Like an apartment complex.

Oh and I always do what I can to contain the corruption/crimson before hardmode even though it spreads anyway when destorying the alters.

Not once have I created a potion (aside from upgrading my healing potions, and I even bought the ingredients from the merchant), or any non-summoning-item consumable. It's not that I find them useless, they're all great; like lava immunity or gravity control. But I just can't bring myself to craft single-use items, it seems like a waste to me.

I cannot build with the vanilla wood ("Oak wood") anymore.
At all.

If I build with wood, I can use Shadewood, Mahogany, Boreal Wood, Pearlwood or Ebonwood, but the standart wood just doesn't feel right.

This makes building a starting house very difficult.

Re-mapping the buff button to a more convenient button before a battle.
Once battle starts I repeatedly hit the original button while yelling, "WHY ISN'T THIS WORKING!?!?!"

I always hate going digging. Every time I always clear out my inventory because I absolutely HATE having loads of dirt, clay, mud and stone randomly cluttering it up. However usually I don't even make good use of the space. -_-

I always seem to make my character pace back and forth (or do loops around my base) when trying to think of what to do next. Doesn't help I lack incentive to do stuff when I know my main harddrive has a good chunk of the items in the game.

Added: I tend to pace when I am thinking in real life so I guess that habit even plagues me in video games. Heck, I even do it Minecraft and is the sole reason I like having big, large, open spaces in my bases. I can't stand being closed in and limited in my movement!

3 things I do:
I have a tendency to half-:red: NPC houses. I'm a minimalist when it comes to that .. I build the house, you leech off of me and live in them for free and have the audacity to still charge me so much for their services *looks at Goblin Tinkerer and his expensive reforging*. I oughta kick them out.

I also, for some reason, don't cut those amazon-like trees on worlds that I plan on keeping, only the midget trees. If I recall correctly, those don't grow back o.o ....

I never properly make use of the Trash slot in your inventory. If I'm digging and my inventory is clogged by tiles that I picked up from digging, I manually throw them out (plays with autopause off) only to pick them up a second later. :sigh:

There is always that 1 little thing you ALWAYS do in every world, and you do it the same way every time.

For me, I ALWAYS put water at the bottom of my hellavator in order to stop fall dmg, even though I have wings, hooks, horseshoes and whatever to prevent that.

So dont be shy, come clean with the little thing you always do.
I use to always put whatever unique weapon or accessory into a chest even if I had something five times better than it. Like I still have my blood butcherer from pre hard mode when I have a cutlass, Excalibur and Night Edge...I still have it but I kinda sold some of my other stuff so I could get money to reforge my gear.

Oh boy, don't get me started:
  • I have a tendency to explore the ice biome caves as soon as I start a world and get torches, just to give myself a challenge.
  • I feel the need to build a 5-block wide hellavator in every significant biome in my world before starting hardmode, even the freaking oceans.
  • I always end up either over-prepping or under-prepping for bosses. I either kill it or die to it in 10 seconds, no in betweens.
  • I have a bad habit of grouping all of my NPCs together, so one well-placed shot from a boss and half of all of my townsfolk die instantly.
  • I collect accessories and weapons that I don't ever use, and I refuse to sell them as well.

Last edited:
i keep trying to build a town with buildings that suit each individual npc, and then end up making a prison right beneath my house for plain convenience

edit: was just reminded of my waterfall obsession due to one of the comments, if i have any spare buckets of water/lava after finishing an arena, i use them to create water/lava falls where ever it seems suitable

Last edited:
Well, these are mine...
  • I always, I mean ALWAYS... Use living wood for starter houses.
  • Once I get decent weaponry, I look for pyramids or ice caverns. (On Mobile edition, I was able to get a Starfury, gravity potions and other neat things just because I had Sandstorm in a bottle mixed with Cloud in a Bottle)
  • I try and defeat Skeletron as fast as I can, just because I want the loot.

It´s always carrying my furnace, workbench and anvil with me in pre hardmode.
I also build crappy 7 by 5 houses with the cheapest materials for convenience.
getting rid off that copper shortsword

Well, these are mine...
  • I always, I mean ALWAYS... Use living wood for starter houses.
  • Once I get decent weaponry, I look for pyramids or ice caverns. (On Mobile edition, I was able to get a Starfury, gravity potions and other neat things just because I had Sandstorm in a bottle mixed with Cloud in a Bottle)
  • I try and defeat Skeletron as fast as I can, just because I want the loot.
So you either always, ALWAYS get lucky with generation.
Second one I have no comment on.
It's like the boss with the least loot, unless you count the rest of the dungeon as well.

Building a wooden shortsword ASAP, I care not for if it's a waste, I'm in love with broadswords... :passionate:

EDIT: And also building building a simple 7/5 house, but than for NPC rooms I build one on top of another and it ends up being this giant tower with one room made of extremely fragile glass... :dryadeek:

I like keeping two accessories: A KB resistance shield, and some kind of flying device.
I also keep a ton of different items in my inventory, but most of them I never use, even though I think I might.
(I kept a mythical unholy trident in my inventory for about 5 weeks.)
I also always throw away items that I think will be useless. A lot of times I end up regretting it.

In ever world I always go into the dungeon before ever facing Eater of Worlds or Brain of Cthulhu. I get Meteorite Armor and the Space Gun for taking down Skeletron, then either Muramasa for EoW or Aqua Scepter for BoC. I can beat them earlier with different weapons, I just don't.

Oh, and I also always make two 5-6 block hellevators around the jungle before taking a world into hardmode. Corruption/Crimson shall never get it!

I have a list. One by itself isn't bad, so I feel like if you really want to know how disgusting my OCD is, feel free to read and sigh.
  • I skim the surface of the overworld until I die or reach the ocean and use a recall potion at the last moment while drowning
  • I cry because the world isn't a crimson because I only get corruption worlds
  • I go mining for a long time until getting gravitation potions
  • I make a house because I realise that my guide could've died any night because I took so long
  • I go mining some more until I'm ready to take on a boss
  • I scream because the EoC spawned without me having an arena, then realise that he's a wimp
  • I go and beat the EoW a few times because Molotov Cocktails are moderately OP for a beginning game item
  • I make some pimp armour so then I can kill the Queen Bee using a delicious gun acquired from shadow orbs
  • I turn into a summoner/gunslinger
  • I sort everything into chests and money MUST HAVE IT'S OWN CHEST OR BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN OBVIOUSLY
i have problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom