Map-Adventure Island Adventure/Survival Map

Is it too much to ask for half blocks?
When I made this over a year ago there was no feature in TEdit to add half blocks, and even now there is it would take a massive amount of time adding them, much more time than doing anything else unfortunately.

Just started an LP on this map!

Was surprised to see this on my subscriptions, thanks for playing/recording this map. It is quite old and not my best map, I'll be watching the series to see what improvements can be done for future maps I make. Watching playthroughs help me a lot, as will feedback and comments from all the new people playing and seeing it. Also be warned the map can get very challenging, and beyond challenging at the end.

When I made this over a year ago there was no feature in TEdit to add half blocks, and even now there is it would take a massive amount of time adding them, much more time than doing anything else unfortunately.
Who said anything about TEdit?

Who said anything about TEdit?
It would take even longer to add slopes without TEdit. If there was a way to add slopes mass scale easily then I would, there is no way I know of to do it in a reasonable amount of time.

I would leave a comment saying how cool this map is, but Mediafire isn't working and never has worked for me, so help? I can't play the map because of this fatal error.

@Baih what are the walls you used for the "Temple dungeon" that chippy is on right now (with the pink, blue, and green doors to unlock)? They look sorta like Silver Brick, but I might want to use them for a PVP arena I'm thinking about making. (Any ideas on design or different classes?)

How do you open maps using tAPI? I'd love to play this, but I ccan't figure out how.

The world is like any other Terraria world, which you need to move to your worlds folder, in case you are unsure about that follow this guide: Link

As for tAPI the map is not a tAPI map so you don't need to use it, but if you want to use it I believe the map should work fine though I'm not sure how well it would work with different mods. Any problems with tAPI itself I wouldn't be able to answer very well and would go to this thread for answers: Link

@Baih what are the walls you used for the "Temple dungeon" that chippy is on right now (with the pink, blue, and green doors to unlock)? They look sorta like Silver Brick, but I might want to use them for a PVP arena I'm thinking about making. (Any ideas on design or different classes?)

I think they were ruby cave walls, naturally spawning walls you can only place with TEdit or other mods. If you are building an arena you should look up TEdit, most of my maps wouldn't be possible without it.

There are so many things to consider build a PvP game, if you want to talk about it I'd be happy to if you send me a PM/Conversation. I don't want to start going off topic in the thread.

A meteorite landed right on the second chest on the air island destroying it, Im guessing it had a Cloud in a bottle in it?
Anyways, great fun map!

2015-02-24_00001.jpg

A meteorite landed right on the second chest on the air island destroying it, Im guessing it had a Cloud in a bottle in it?
Anyways, great fun map!

View attachment 32310

Very unlucky, that looks like where I put some loot, but meteorites are disabled from spawning too close to chests in Terraria so I believe there would of been a life crystal there you missed out on.

I just finished the map, and I don't recommend it. I heard that the final dungeon was really difficult. Difficult in this case just means really long and boring, because all you do is place a torch, break a pressure plate, take two steps, repeat. And the final objective of defeating the WoF is impossible. Aside from not being able to edit the arena to make it useable, the boss is behind the back wall, and all you can see is the health bar. Also, if the wall has to push you forward because you are too close, which is likely to happen as you can't see it and wont even know its there, you will be sent underground and will die almost instantly.

I just finished the map, and I don't recommend it. I heard that the final dungeon was really difficult. Difficult in this case just means really long and boring, because all you do is place a torch, break a pressure plate, take two steps, repeat. And the final objective of defeating the WoF is impossible. Aside from not being able to edit the arena to make it useable, the boss is behind the back wall, and all you can see is the health bar. Also, if the wall has to push you forward because you are too close, which is likely to happen as you can't see it and wont even know its there, you will be sent underground and will die almost instantly.

Yeah, I agree I made the final dungeon/fight way too hard. Honestly I really enjoy going through the final dungeon but I can see now looking back and looking at feedback that I was silly to make it too hard for most people, I'm surprised people take the time to play through it. Same goes for the wof pretty much, both things I regret making but I have learnt some good lessons in map making from this. I wouldn't recommend this map over quite a few other maps either.

It's finally done. you win Biah.

Sorry about that last island, personally I really enjoy going through it myself but something I have learned since making the map is focusing more on making the map enjoyable for other people, and it is something I regret making, or at least making it public for everyone to get frustrated at.

Anyway thank you very much for making a series on the map, I really appreciate it, I'm glad you enjoyed it for the most part. Surprised you did enjoy as much as you did, there are a lot of better adventure maps out there.

Downloaded you map and started a playthrough. So far, been fun... except for the Pyramid... the bit involving getting up and over lava pits was not fun.

Anyway, the character I'm using.
ToviCloths.png

Note: I haven't used the wings for anything more than just getting from island to island easier. Other than that, they tend to stay in the social slot. Same goes for the claws.

Back
Top Bottom