tAPI Dark Souls Weapons Mod

I was wondering, will you by any chance add a way to upgrade the weapons with different forms of titanite (for example from titanite shard -> large titanite shard -> titanite chunk -> titanite slab) and have different upgrade paths (for example blue titanite, white titanite, red titanite, green titanite)? Also, to stick with the Souls tradition, the stacks for the titanites should be 99 I believe. While I'm at it...

d0e.gif
I am definitely planning to add an upgrade system, with possibly different upgrade paths. How this will look exactly is still a work in progress, however the normal upgrade path will work as you described pretty much. Only instead of it ranging from +0 to +15 (like in DS) or +0 to +10 (like in DSII) it will go from +0 to +3. +0 Being early pre-hardmode and +3 being middle to late hardmode.

Will the you add Pyromancies, Sorceries and miracles
Pyromancies and Sorceries definitely, Miracles maybe.

There better be an alternate zweihander that burns things and plays short bursts of dubstep whenever you swing it. Because le giantdad mem.

I was wondering, will you by any chance add a way to upgrade the weapons with different forms of titanite (for example from titanite shard -> large titanite shard -> titanite chunk -> titanite slab) and have different upgrade paths (for example blue titanite, white titanite, red titanite, green titanite)? Also, to stick with the Souls tradition, the stacks for the titanites should be 99 I believe. While I'm at it...

d0e.gif
Praise the Sun !

havels mabye 50% more move speed
and Fap ring mabye 100 more health 100 more magicka and 30% melee swing speed'
this would be overpowered though
Those values do seem a bit overpowered, but I think an idea like this could work.

Hnnnnng~

Weapon mod...
Yissss
I hope you will enjoy it :)

If you add Black Knight weapons I might come back to terraria.
MIGHT...
Those will be added soon enough. Any ideas of something special they should do? Do more damage to demons (like in DSI)? Deal additional fire damage (like in DSII)? Or something else entirely.

will armor in mod
Will I add armors to the mod? I'll repeat what I said before:
"For now I'll limit myself to weapons, however I might start making armors when I progress further."
I've also seen some of your sprites and am very impressed. Would you be willing to help with this mod?

Suggestions:
-A sorcerer staff that can have spells attuned, like soul arrows
-Bonfires
-Maybe some bosses? The dark souls tConfig mod had some of them, maybe you could use that code to help, idk

EDIT: This one: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/dark-souls-mod-released.87913/
Thank you for making those suggestions.
-I will be adding staves in updates to come, with hopefully better progression and varied spells.
-What do the Bonfires do?
-Yes, that tConfig mod was quite amazing with its bosses. Many of them were from Omnir's mod and many others. I don't think I could just take those.
As for code, it would depend on what type of boss I would be making.

-What do the Bonfires do?
My idea is that you could make them spawn randomly in the world, and can heal you or, if you want to, could even be used to attune spells and such. They could be dark until lighted somehow, the easiest way to do that being that when you break one and replace it, its luminated... hope this helps

Those will be added soon enough. Any ideas of something special they should do? Do more damage to demons (like in DSI)? Deal additional fire damage (like in DSII)? Or something else entirely.
I think the DS2 effect because fire is more useful in most situations than demons in certain situations.

is it possible for you to change the weapon sounds because the sound they make does not fit in terraria and they get anoying after a while
I can indeed replace them with terraria sounds, but part of this project is that I'm trying to improve my mod creation. If you could tell me what sounds specifically (you can just tell me the weapons) are annoying or irritating I would like to try to improve them. If this doesn't work out then I will just get rid of them completely.

Thank you also for your feedback, it is much appreciated. :)

I can indeed replace them with terraria sounds, but part of this project is that I'm trying to improve my mod creation. If you could tell me what sounds specifically (you can just tell me the weapons) are annoying or irritating I would like to try to improve them. If this doesn't work out then I will just get rid of them completely.

Thank you also for your feedback, it is much appreciated. :)
the sound the server make is absolutely horrible

Big question which is kinda big deal for me: do "great" weapons have a slight chance to stun enemies? Like poise break in original.

Still, amazing job.

[EDIT]
Okay, after some time of toying around with it - this needs a lot of balancing.
Most of all, up a lot of slow weapons. Speed or damage - your call, but they need it.
Spears need more range to them, pike is just barely longer than base game weapons while being, well, utter :red:e because of speed.
And you should've made rapiers work like spears instead of short swords.

Still love it, but hey, flaws are flaws and should be pointed out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom