Items The Life Bullet

Scrub McPoo

Terrarian
We all know that the Warrior and Sorcerer classes have items that help them get life (The spectre hood and vampire knives), but the Ranger class does not. So, my idea is a type of bullet called the "Life Bullet" It would deal one ranged damage (This number is debatable) and would take one greater healing potion and 250 musket balls and 1 life fruit=life bullets. (This is also debatable.) The Life Bullet's ability (you already guessed it) will be to steal life. Each bullet will heals 1 hp for every 50 damage done. (Yet again, this is debatable). I think that the bullet should look something like this.

index.php

I think the animation should be it bouncing off of the enemy hit and going to you to heal

Last edited:
One ranged damage?
One ranged damage?!
ONE RANGED DAMA- oh wait, that's perfect.
But I think the crafting recipe should use life fruits intead of greater healing pots. Another reason to use them.

One ranged damage?
One ranged damage?!
ONE RANGED DAMA- oh wait, that's perfect.
But I think the crafting recipe should use life fruits intead of greater healing pots. Another reason to use them.
Yea, I agree the life fruit goes with he name more, BUT, the life fruit is much harder to obtain than greater healing potions. Maybe one life fruit and 250 musket balls to make 250 life bullets to balance it? I'm kind of unsure whether I think it should be made with life fruit.

It does 2.5% of the damage it does and it does 1 damage.

Is there a way to only use or never use them (i.e. switch to this bullet quickly like if you wanted to switch between ichor and cholorophyte bullets)?

Shrink the image?

Anyways.

A) Ridiculously easy to make. Only req. Hardmode (Both the Melee and Mage lifesteals are gated past plantera)
B) Heals at a remarkably fast rate. Assuming the game rounds lifesteal up, this means that, per shot, I get one health back. Give me a megashark, reforge for speed, and we're done here.
If it rounds down then most guns wouldn't be capable of lifesteal at all.

A few things to consider here: A) We're talking about guns, which are about speed. Very few guns have a base damage of over 40 (You need over 40 to heal more than 1 damage. In fact, I believe only 1 gun meets this requirement, which is... the Sniper Rifle. A few others could achieve 40 with some damage boosts/armor.

I lied about the "few things". That was my main thing.

Shrink the image?

Anyways.

A) Ridiculously easy to make. Only req. Hardmode (Both the Melee and Mage lifesteals are gated past plantera)
B) Heals at a remarkably fast rate. Assuming the game rounds lifesteal up, this means that, per shot, I get one health back. Give me a megashark, reforge for speed, and we're done here.
If it rounds down then most guns wouldn't be capable of lifesteal at all.

A few things to consider here: A) We're talking about guns, which are about speed. Very few guns have a base damage of over 40 (You need over 40 to heal more than 1 damage. In fact, I believe only 1 gun meets this requirement, which is... the Sniper Rifle. A few others could achieve 40 with some damage boosts/armor.

I lied about the "few things". That was my main thing.
True. I think for the recipe I'll go with the life fruit idea. I am confused with your response on the life steal for the gun, though. At first you say that it heals so fast and that if you get a megashark, reforge for speed and you're done here. Then, you're talking about how it won't steal at all. I think what you meant is that it would only be good if it rounds. Tell me what you think of this idea: It can heal 1 hp per 50 damage.

What he meant is that if it rounds up, he can get a fast megashark and abuse the 1 hp per shot.

If it rounds down, it will only heal for guns that do over 40 damage, which are few and far between. 2.5% of anything less than 40 is less than 1, and if it rounds down then it rounds to 0.

True. I think for the recipe I'll go with the life fruit idea. I am confused with your response on the life steal for the gun, though. At first you say that it heals so fast and that if you get a megashark, reforge for speed and you're done here. Then, you're talking about how it won't steal at all. I think what you meant is that it would only be good if it rounds. Tell me what you think of this idea: It can heal 1 hp per 50 damage.
My first calculations were based on the assumption that Terraria would round upwards if it was not enough to qualify for 1 heal. My next one was assuming terraria wouldn't.

Also:
2.5% damage done = 2.5 per 100 damage = 1.25 per 50 damage. That doesn't actually change much.

The only problem with this is if it doesn't have its own gun,this will mess with other guns(Chain gun and all).

That's on you to regulate how you use the bullets. Not us.

Yeah,but I want to conserve ammo but all of my guns are affected.Chloropyhte?Pff,Life bullets that deals 1 damage will do the case. Make it now by using very hard-to-get materials!!!!

Also,500 total life + Chain gun + 1hp + Life bullets = more than x bullets needed were used

Yeah, but I want to conserve ammo but all of my guns are affected. Chloropyhte? Pff, Life bullets that deals 1 damage will do the case. Make it now by using very hard-to-get materials!!!!
Like I said. Regulate your ammo. Have 100 life bullets one slot. 200 chloro. Then life. Then chloro.

You see what I'm trying to say?

Its all in how you use your ammo.

Like I said. Regulate your ammo. Have 100 life bullets one slot. 200 chloro. Then life. Then chloro.

You see what I'm trying to say?

Its all in how you use your ammo.

Yeah,but the problem is inventory space.
And I don't really want to separate each ammo taking 4 spaces and things might not go as planned.

Yeah,but the problem is inventory space.
And I don't really want to separate each ammo taking 4 spaces and things might not go as planned.
Inventory management.

Honestly, the only time I would use these is during bosses/moons.
And your inventory usually isn't all that full unless RNG decided it loves you.

The only time I see inventory problems is if you're going mining. In which case I don't fully understand why you're using a ranged weapon in those small places.

Back
Top Bottom