Official Art Request Megathread Rule Suggestions/Discussion

How are the rules for the Art Request Megathread?

• Perfect!

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Needs work.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Needs a lot of work!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nike Leon 🪓

The Axe
Staff member
This thread is to discuss the current rules as well as alternatives to the rules for the Art Request Megathread over in the Terraria, Drawings, Paintings & Pixel Art section. We would love to hear from you the community as you are the ones who will be utilizing this thread the most :)

Some possible rule changes to discuss:
  • Should the limit be one post that is just edited each time requests change?
  • Should commissioned requests be put into a spoiler within their post?
  • Should completed works be showcased inside the request post (spoilered) instead, while tagging the artist?
Rules that are non-negotiable (specific to that thread):
  • Do not post to discuss art requests, whether praising or criticizing.
  • Do not complain about a lack of request fulfillment. Posting your requests here does not mean they are guaranteed to be fulfilled.

Yes, that's a bit of an issue here.

@Nike Leon, is it possible for you to list down all the active artists on the forums in this thread so people can see them without hunting them out individually? If the artists request their names be taken down it won't be listed.

As it currently stands, it's more likely to get result to prowl the art section and make requests directly at the artists' threads.

Of course, this whole thing might be a bit of a wash. Considering it has got so little attention, and certainly no requests here are fulfilled yet.:dryadtongue:

Open? Open? Open? Open?

Why even request here? Doesn't look like it will be fulfilled.
Yes, that's a bit of an issue here.

@Nike Leon, is it possible for you to list down all the active artists on the forums in this thread so people can see them without hunting them out individually? If the artists request their names be taken down it won't be listed.

As it currently stands, it's more likely to get result to prowl the art section and make requests directly at the artists' threads.

Of course, this whole thing might be a bit of a wash. Considering it has got so little attention, and certainly no requests here are fulfilled yet.:dryadtongue:
There have been several requests that were deleted after being fulfilled rather than being marked completed.

Listing the active artists is requesting too much from me as the I have no idea how many artists we have here and whether or not they're open for requests could change every minute.

There have been several requests that were deleted after being fulfilled rather than being marked completed.

Listing the active artists is requesting too much from me as the I have no idea how many artists we have here and whether or not they're open for requests could change every minute.

So then wouldn't it be easier to just ask the artists personally? Rather than have a CHANCE for them to see this?

So then wouldn't it be easier to just ask the artists personally? Rather than have a CHANCE for them to see this?
The thread is sticked to the top where any artist can explore it at their leisure. :) If you want to request something from a specific artist then please find their thread and do so. That's not what the thread was made for. :)

The thread is sticked to the top where any artist can explore it at their leisure. :) If you want to request something from a specific artist then please find their thread and do so. That's not what the thread was made for. :)

But why post here when you could make a thread and probably get more attention then posting here would? I don't mean to argue just a friendly debate :)

But why post here when you could make a thread and probably get more attention then posting here would? I don't mean to argue just a friendly debate :)

THIS isn't the request megathread (I don't think it is, anyway), it's a thread to discuss what such a thread should look like.

It would be better for people to find an artist whose style they like and make a request directly, IMO. However, some people don't do that, for whatever reasons, and posting separate requests threads clogs up the Art section and pushes down the legitimate art threads, which understandably annoys the artists. A request megathread is the compromise.

Honestly, there hasn't been much input from artists on this to date, so I would just start with the format from the TO one and adjust as needed.

THIS isn't the request megathread (I don't think it is, anyway), it's a thread to discuss what such a thread should look like.

It would be better for people to find an artist whose style they like and make a request directly, IMO. However, some people don't do that, for whatever reasons, and posting separate requests threads clogs up the Art section and pushes down the legitimate art threads, which understandably annoys the artists. A request megathread is the compromise.

Honestly, there hasn't been much input from artists on this to date, so I would just start with the format from the TO one and adjust as needed.

Ah makes sense. See most people are scared to talk to you but y'all are really cool. Fun debate too. OK I'm don't off topic lol.

OT: OPEN

I'd like my character (ninja hood, adamantite chestplate, adamentite greaves, demon wings) with a mega shark shooting the hell out of the destroyer.

Not his fault, I moved their posts here XD
OT: OPEN

I'd like my character (ninja hood, adamantite chestplate, adamentite greaves, demon wings) with a mega shark shooting the hell out of the destroyer.
Sorry, you'll have to go back to the thread and repost this. There's a link in the OP of this thread. :)

for '1ts its an amazing cabbage'
could you do a terraria style version of this?
Here you go
Some guy's request.png

Ag6Yhot.png
1ydT7De.png

divider.png
Request Status:
Open Permanently

Hey, Teal here. I'm the co-creator of a project called The Fallen Star Bestiary. We are looking for some art and illustrations to go with the thread. You artists here are extremely talented and we want to sample your heavenly works. If you're interested go check out the thread editions and see if there might be something you'd be intrigued by and work your magic, if it appeals to you. We put allot of work and effort into the writing of said project and would truly love some illustrations to go with it. On behalf of me, @Pixel, and the rest of our co-writers we are excited to see if anyone takes us up on our endeavor. Art were interested in ranges from everything. Pixel art to hand drawn works.
Things that would be super cool:
*Illustrations to go along with texts
*Banners
*Diagrams detailing specifics
*Whatever you guys would do to help us.
divider.png

Teal's Poetry Tavern
& Poetry Pavilion

divider.png
Teal here, the creator and leader of the Teal's Poetry Tavern thread and a weekly segment with my talented poets called the Poetry Pavilion. We are currently in need of some banners and some titles. Our hard working poets deserve some attention and we'd love for some art to help us reach our goals. What we are looking for:
•Banners
•Titles specifically stating each members name would be great if they could look sort of scroll like or papyrus themed.
Reference Image:
16jfof9.jpg

Member Names: @Qui Devorat, @Teal, @TheQuietBisharp, @Pixel, and @The Magic Cookie.

Ummm...
atkaHvy.png
?

Back
Top Bottom