PC 1.3 Achievement Suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a me... - unlocked from obtaining full plumber outfit
Legendary green hat - unlocked when player drop an green cap
Not a scratch - when player defeat 15 waves Frost moon or Pumpkin moon without taking damage
Something new - Play Terraria with mods

But implementing the achivments is a problem.
There is software to like terrariviewer to get some tools or weapons.
Terraria should get more anti cheater protection.

:dryadindifferent: Defeat Duke Fishron - "Be careful what You fish for"
%-_- Obtain the Robot Hat - "Freakin' laser beamz!" (an reference to Cave Story+ the Obtain the Spur achievement)
:dryadsmile: Get every NPC - "Perfect host"
:dryadhappy: Climb on a very high place (or something with cosmos idk) - "I'm high!"
:dryadgrin: Obtain all thropies an boss heads - "Treasure hunter"
:dryadwink: Kill Doctor Bones - "Now where's the giant, rolling boulder?"
:dryadcry: Get a fishing rod - "Fishin' time"
:dryadsad: Obtain the Cooked Marshmallow - "Yummy!"
:dryadmad: Get the Stylist NPC - "Time for a change"
:dryadconfused: Get any type of Wooden Armor - "We are Groot" or "I am Groot"
:dryadcool: Defeat the Pirates - "Arrr! That hurt!"
:dryadtongue: Defeat the Wall of Flesh - "Meet mr. Meat"
:dryadeek: Collect 1 or 5 or 10 Platinum Coins - "I won the money! The money is mine!" (an reference to Game Grumps)
:dryadpassionate: Get the Mechanic NPC - "Time to make things move"
:dryadrolleyes: Find a Falling Star - "Make a wish"
:dryadwhat: Obtain Binoculars - "I can see everything!"
:dryadnaughty: Catch the Truffle Worm - "Something's fishy..."
%:sigh:Create an Hardmode Profile - "YOLO" or "You only live once"
:dryadindifferent: Touch the lava - "Am I hot now?"
%-_- Die in lava - "Crispy..."
:dryadsmile: Catch a Bunny - "Do not plan to eat it, alright?"
:dryadhappy: Build a suitable house/room - "Be my guest"
:dryadgrin: Get Turtle Armor set - "Shell Shock!" or "Kowabunga!"
:dryadwink: Destroy an Altar - "One down, a heck lot more to go..."

Bunny anihilator - kill 1000 Bunnies
1st Encounter - go to the Corruption/Crimson
It's soo beautiful - go to Hallow
The End? - reach the edge of the map
Mounties!!! - collect all mounts
Peties!!! - collect all pets
Summoning master - have (max) amount od minions
Overkill - deal 200/300 dmg at once
Master Mage - wear the best mage armor
Master Mele - wear the best mele armor
Master Ranger - wear the best ranger armor
Master Summoner - wear the best summoner armor
Pumpkinator-3000 - get to the final wave of Pumpkin moon
Winter Heater - get to the final wave of Frost moon
Collect 'em all! - get all Boss Trophies
Carnaval - get all Boss Maska
Impossible... - Defeat the Dungeon Guardian

That's all for now! If I have something more I'll add it here!

Last edited:
gjneC.png

"Who you gonna call?"
"With all NPCs unlocked, survive a solar eclipse in which not a single NPC dies."

I'm just going to give some tips for the interested, as I see a whole lot of duplicate and, to be frank, not very exciting achievements, which is a shame since this community has a lot of creativity and I'd like to see it used.

• Originality.
This is the one sticking out at the moment. A lot of people have suggested achievements for killing bosses, getting the Excalibur and other rather straightforward tasks. Personally, I think these suggestions are redundant. Not because other people have thought of them, but because the Devs themselves probably have thought of them. If they think of a sword that shoots Rainbow Cats, achievements for killing a boss aren't such a huge leap.

• Difficulty.
Achievements should not be too easy or too difficult. You shouldn't have to be surprised when an achievement suddenly pops up for making it towards the ocean, nor should you get one when defeating the Dungeon Guardian. Achievements should be challenging, but in essence everyone should be able to complete them, a twelve-year-old just as much as a forty-year-old.

• Grinding factor.
Excessive grinding or anything that relies a lot of RNG isn't actually fun to do. Killing every slime is fine, killing Pinky 10 times is something you can't really work towards, you just have to get lucky. You don't want to spend one year on completing all the achievements.

• Achievements for the sake of references/puns.

This can work, but it doesn't always. The task of the achievement is the focus, not the little message that pops up when you get it. If the reference is in the task itself (like in this one, if I may be so arrogant to blow my own horn), that's usually fine. Bear in mind though that not everyone will get a reference, so don't be too obscure.

That's about it for now, now get that creativity flowing!

Achievements are a difficult feature to "hit on the head". You bring up some good points, however... Say what you want about Microsoft, but the Xbox achievement system is fantastic. I've played well over 100 games racking up around 65k GS and 100% about 15 of them. The purpose of an achievement can be a number of different things. You can use them to have players explore locations and mechanics of the game they might have overlooked in just a simple play-through. You can also use them as bragging rights. "Oh man, it took me forever, but I finally got Mile High Club for CoD 4" I've found that the games that have about 60% of achievements dedicated to progression and 40% to miscellaneous objectives works the best. I also do not like multiplayer achievements no matter how easy or hard they are to get, because multiplayer is so unpredictable. For example, Halo 3 had an achievement to get a double double kill (easy) and to get a Perfection (Hard). Even if you are good at the game, perfections just aren't handed out and you have to get really lucky. That is not fun, or rewarding.

• Originality.
Obviously the Devs have thought of the mundane achievements such as killing a boss or obtaining certain items. The point in bringing those up is more to present a name for an achievement such as that. For example, in my post I used this: "Like in that other game." - Obtain the Creeper Costume. Going back to my above statement that about 60% of achievements should be dedicated to progession... Terraria is a very unique game in that its' strength IS progression. It only makes sense to have these achievements, and it would be fair to assume that the Devs are looking for names rather than actual progression achievements. Also, someone might point out an element they overlooked.

• Difficulty.
I agree with you on this point. There should be four tiers of achievements.
  1. Easy. These are simply to introduce you to the concept of achievements and get you started in the game. I'll use another one of my examples: "It was a box, wasn't it?" - Create your first home. Simple enough, introduces achievements, and gets the player pointed in the right direction to further progressing in the game as well as earning more achievements.
  2. Medium. These consist of the progression elements. A casual player should be able to earn all, if not most of these achievements. The purpose of these is to give the player a reason to keep playing. Beat The Eye of Cthulhu, Wall of Flesh, craft a full set of armour, etc. These should not be hard, but present a challenge.
  3. Hard. This tier can consist of progression elements, but will probably feature more obscure things to do in the game. Another example: "Made for each other." - Give both the Cyborg and Steampunker a Love Potion. The example achievement is a simple enough task, however it requires a lot of prerequisites. You mush have crafted the potion, defeated Plantera, and have both the Cyborg and Steampunker moved into a home. Getting to Plantera is a difficult task. So while the actual act the achievement has you do is simple, the build up to it is what classifies it as a "Hard" achievement. The purpose for these is to open up other various gameplay elements the player might have overlooked or not really had a reason to do aside from a fun side activity. A casual player should be able to earn some of these if they take the time to go out of their way.
  4. Expert. These are for your dedicated fans. Some of them might not be particularly difficult, but require you to put some time into the game that a casual player might not achieve. Here's an example: "You can't buy happiness!" - Use 100 Platinum as ammo. Again, not a particularly difficult achievement, but the prerequisites are quite extreme. The Coin Gun is a very rare drop from a Pirate Invasion and you'll also need to have at least 100 Platinum in order to earn the achievement. 100 Platinum is a feat in of itself. These are the bragging rights achievements. However, like you said, you don't want it to be too difficult or obscure that would make it frustrating to actually earn. A few examples of this that I've seen a lot of is like making it to wave 20 on the Frost Moon or defeating the Dungeon Guardian. Are the possible, yes, but is it fun? Not really. (I'd rather they have a sort of "Highest wave achieved" in a list of statistics vs an achievement for getting to wave 20)

• Grinding Factor.
While I agree with the points you brought up, you also have to remember what game you're playing. Terraria involves a lot of grinding and A TON of RNG, whether that be for items, resources, money... this game has a lot of it... it would only make sense to reward the player for their efforts. I agree that "Kill x enemy y times" isn't a fun achievement, but an achievement like, "What fun is there in making sense?" - Obtain the Rod of Discord, takes a lot of grinding and some RNG to obtain, but can also be obtained through natural gameplay.

• Achievements for the sake of references/puns.
This game is full of references and puns, so in my opinion, the achievements should reflect that. Granted, people could be a little bit more clever with their references and puns, but it's not something I think people should shy away from. It sure beats an achievement like "Kill the Eye of Cthulhu"... you know what that achievement is just by looking at, yes, but it's not fun or memorable. Darwins' Parachute, Apreture Science, and Irony were some of my favorite achievements because they were memorable.

You brought up some good points, and I hope that I could elaborate on them a little more.

>Get a platinum coin dropped with the extractinator

>Get all the fish

>Kill every kind of slime

>Get all the pets

>Defeat the guardian

I will really like those ^^

Some more achievement sugestions
I've got a bullet with a name on it - Kill someone in PvP with the last bullet in your inventory
Sweating bullets - Get hit by a bullet 1000 times in PvP
Wake up dead - die inmediatly after respawning (when the invincibility wears off)
Water temple - remain underwater 20 terraria days in total
No more Mr. Nice Guy - Kill a friend in PvP after being in the same colored party with him for a couple of hours
99 ways to die - get all the different death notices (except the ones in PvP)
Bad Omen - get killed by a boss you didn't summon
Take no prisioners - Kill every enemy and critter (atleast once)
Rust in peace - Drown while having the iron armor
Die Dead Enough - Get killed by every boss (atleast once)
They call me Mr. Fahrenheit - Get killed by every source of burning in the game (even every flamethrower)
You know nothing - Reveal all the underground snowy biome on a map
Tarzan - Stay for 2 terraria days straight in the deepest underground jungle without dying once
Orange is the new blue - get your map blessed with Palladium
Ori-what? - get your map blessed with Orichalcum
Ti - get your map blessed with Titanium
Old school - get your map blessed with cobalt, mythril and adamantium in a world with copper, iron, silver, gold and demonite

>Plants seeds in a pot

Who?>Put the doctor's set on

>Wear a developer armor/accesory

>Get all the map hollowed/corrupted

>Turn the jungle biome into mushroom

>Dig into the hell in the first day

Legendary Sword - make terra sword and upgrade legendary

Your The Boss Killer Master - kill all bosses without dieing

The Lunar Moon Is Awaken And It Has Begone A New - after you kill lunar boss the expert mode has started

Without reading the previous 44 pages:
I will only post the conditions, I'm not good in finding titles. So...

Reach the [...] (one for each biome)

Craft the ankh shield.

Craft a whole set of [...]-armor (so one for wood, shadewood, ...., adamantite, etc.)
Meta-achievement: craft each pre-hardmode armor set.
Meta-achievement: craft each hardmode armor set.
Meta-achievement: craft each armor set.

Craft each item of [...] furniture one time
Collect the blue dungeon furniture set.
Collect the pink dungeon furniture set.
Collet the green dungeon furniture set.
Craft each item of the skyware furniture set.

Meta-achievement: Collect all dungeon furniture sets.
Meta-achievement: craft each pre-hardmode furniture set.
Meta-achievement: craft each hardmode furniture set.
Meta-achievement: craft/collect each furniture set.

Unlock the [...] (one for each NPC)
Meta-achievement: unlocking each pre-hardmode NPC
Meta-achievement: unlocking each hardmode NPC
Meta-achievement: unlocking each NPC.

Defeat the [...] (one for each boss)
Defeat the [...] on expert game mode (or however the new game mode is called. :))
Meta-achievement: defeat every pre-hardmode boss.
Meta-achievement: defeeat every pre-hardmode boss on expert game mode.
Meta-achievement: defeat every hardmode boss.
Meta-achievement: defeat every hardmode boss on expert game mode.
Meta-achievement: defeat every boss.
Meta-achievement: defeat every boss on expert game mode.

[Melee/Range/Magic] challenges:
Defeat the [...] only using [Melee/Range/Magic] weapons. (one for each boss and melee, range and magic.)
Defeat the [...] only using [Melee/Range/Magic] weapons on expert game mode.
Meta-achievement: defeat every pre-hardmode boss only using [Melee/Range/Magic] weapons.
Meta-achievement: defeat every pre-hardmode boss only using [Melee/Range/Magic] weapons on expert game mode.
Meta-achievement: defeat every hardmode boss only using [Melee/Range/Magic] weapons.
Meta-achievement: defeat every hardmode boss only using [Melee/Range/Magic] weapons on expert game mode.
Meta-achievement: defeat every boss only using [Melee/Range/Magic] weapons.
Meta-achievement: defeat every boss only using [Melee/Range/Magic] weapons on expert game mode.

Buff challenges:
Defeat the [...] without using any buff potions. (Like above: one for each boss, for each weapon type (Range/Melee/Magic), pre-hardmode and hardmode, and for expert game mode).

Get the [...]-buff (one for each potion buff)
Meta-achievement: Get each buff (maybe split that into pre- and posthardmode obtainable too.)
Overbuffed: Get 5 (and/or 10) different potion buffs at the same time.

Use your first heart crystal.
Reach 400 life with heart crystals.
Use your first life fruit.
Reach 500 life with life fruits.

Stay in lava for ... seconds.

Kill one of each [...] (every monster)
Kille one of each [...] in expert game mode.
Meta-achievements: Kill one of each pre-hardmode monster.
Meta-achievement: Kill one of each hardmode monster.
Meta-achievement: KIll one of each monster.
Meta-achievement: Kill one of each pre-hardmode monster in expert game mode.
Meta-achievement: Kill one of each hardmode monster in expert game mode.
Meta-achievement: KIll one of each monster in expert game mode.

Dye-challenges:
Use your first dye.
Use every dye one time.
Unicolor: Dye all your equipment [...] (one for each color)
Meta-achievement for obtaining all Unicolor-achievements
Dye all your equipment in a different color.

Fishing challenges:
Fish your first fish.
Fish the [...] (one for each fish)
Fish every fish.
Complete your first fishing quest.
Complete every fishing quest.

Kill X monsters in Y seconds.
Deal X damage with a single blow.
Deal X critical hits in a row.

Edit:
Well you can do the killing and boss achievements seperately for soft-, medium- and hardcore

Edit 2:
Catch a [...] one for each critter
Meta-achievements for each bird/butterfly/...
Meta-achievement for every critter.

Last edited:
Picks Or It Didn't Happen: Acquire one of each type of pickaxe (drills excluded), and hang them on weapon racks.

Oh so you are doing this now ?

At least one for every armor and maybe one for getting all the armor achievements.

Some achievement suggestions, mostly ones for fun rather than for progression

I am become death, shatterer of worlds
- slay every boss & complete every event (get to wave 15)
laser eye surgery - kill retinazor with any laser weapon (laser rifle or space gun)
to dye for - wear a full set of dyed vanity/armor
whoops... - kill a voodoo demon as it flies over lava (voodoo doll has to drop into the lava without touching your inventory)
like a shadow - become a true ninja (wear the master ninja gear, shroomite armor, ninja vanity and hold a katana)
what does it mean... - fire the rainbow gun while wearing a full set of intense rainbow dyed vanity/armor and rainbow hair dye
anti-tank weaponry - kill a Santa-nk1 with a rocket launcher
a shot in the dark - kill an enemy you can't see (because the enemy in question is off the screen or because of darkness) with a ranged weapon
what hat... - wear the red hat and talk to the clothier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom