tAPI Sin Costan's Collection of Fun Projectiles

Are These Projectiles Entertaining to Use?

• Hell Yeah

Votes: 59 77.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Why Does This Mod Exist?

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters
The Collection of Fun Projectiles (A Work in Progress)
Brought to you by:
Sin Costan - Coder
Nagapon - Spriter

Hello, and Welcome to This (Not So Pretty) Forum Thread for my First Mod!

Features:

- New and Bright Ideas for using Projectiles that can be Completely Useless to OP
- Stuff I made during class when I should be paying attention...
- Borrowed and Recolored Vanilla Textures (For Now...)

- One Merchant Who Sells Some of the Materials (Maybe More NPCs Later On)
- Most of All... Fun!

UQkV1f8.png

Inferno Sprite: Produces 5 Minion Like Projectiles that Track Enemies and Detonate into an Inferno after Hitting an Enemy.
8qG56yQ.gif

TfRNjSt.png

Fireball Sprite: Produces 5 Minion Like Projectiles that Track Enemies and Detonate into Multiple Fireballs after Hitting an Enemy
vGIHWKH.gif

Fsq1Hri.png

Inferno Wisp: Produces a Single Minion Like Projectile that Tracks Enemies and Produces an Inferno Each Time it Hits an Enemy.
L7OnCw0.gif

VmlEtgr.png

Fireball Wisp: Produces a Single Minion Like Projectile that Tracks Enemies and Fires Streams of Fireballs on Enemies.
AgKvAzF.gif
eqjTCI0.png

Inferno Grenade: Throw a Grenade that Produces an Inferno After Time Runs Out or Hit an Enemy.

zqCkWzO.png

Fireball Grenade: Throw a Grenade that Produces Multiple Fireballs After Time Runs Out or Hits an Enemy

YIFx3n2.png

Inferno Mine: Throw Out a Mine that Produces an Inferno When It Runs Out of Time or When An Enemy Touches It

cXjvHgu.png

Fireball Mine: Throw Out a Mine that Produces Multiple Fireballs When It Runs Out of Time or When An Enemy Touches It

prdkPnr.png

Flame Pillar Mine: Throw Out a Mine that Produces a Flaming Pillar When It Runs Out of Time or When An Enemy Touches It
dNwNu4R.png

Gun of the Apocalypse: Fires Fiery Rounds that Bursts into Multiple Fireballs When it Hits an Enemy
sl9oxb8.gif

vajPULQ.png

Air Burst Rocket Launcher: Fires a Round that Produces Infernos on It's Current Position at Set Intervals
4It55Eb.gif

FBNe3RF.png

Bubble Sphere Launcher: Fires a Bubble that Produces Even More Bubbles In It's Wake that Track Enemies and Shoots at Enemies in It's Path (Flairon + Magnet Sphere)
aNplc7B.gif

YuzWiVL.png

Tomb Raider: Fires a Tombstone at Enemies (Will Spawn Tombstone when it Lands Straight, While Still not Planted, Will Keep Bouncing)
81HdnBf.gif

rTmXbc7.png

Ancient Bow: Fires an Arrow that Bursts in the Air that Rains Arrows.
5k1imJY.gif

FFBHqie.png

Ichiival: Upgrade to the Ancient Bow, Rains Bolts that Spawn Fireballs after Landing.
GO6B8vT.gif
ywqPkRr.png

Sword of the Apocalypse: Sword that Fires a Bolt that Bursts into an Inferno.
cMIPrjc.gif

ugkabr2.png

Force of Will: Barrier that Damages and Knocks Back Enemies
VrqrN8j.gif

9TvbSM1.png

Controllable Saw: Saw that the Player can Control; Breaks after 50 Hits.
WCiulM8.gif

Tm84Pp7.png

Burning Saw: Upgrade to Controllable Saw; Breaks After 100 Hits; Burns NPCs
FoqGvtI.gif

oQkr77L.png

Hallowed Saw: Upgrade to the Burning Saw; Breaks After 200 Hits; Burns, Slows, and Lowers Defense of NPC.
KAf2qHo.gif

EVEX1In.png

Spectral Saw: Upgrade to the Hallowed Saw; Cannot Break; Can Go Through Tiles; Burns, Slows, Lowers Defense of NPCs, and Heals You by 2 HP Every Hit.
B0Vn6bo.gif

vGBDcJT.png

Ancient Spear: Pre-Hardmode Northpole like Weapon.
MZ3x4Sz.gif
07NiLl8.png

Gáe Bolg: Hardmode upgrade of Ancient Spear; Mini Spear Spawns Infernos at Set Intervals that Spawns Barbs
D2ErWSH.gif
GCJIaN2.png

Eye of the Apocalypse: Shoot a Laser that Marks an Area in Which After 2-3 Seconds, Detonates into Various Projectiles.
lOPdLS0.gif

pE2XSxL.png

Staff of the Apocalypse: Summon Meteors that Spawn Flame Pillars After Hitting the Ground.
TkSXWLr.gif
KUeXiEP.png

Staff of Firestorms: Spawn Pillars of Flames.

WmtEtxf.gif

x0BhNw6.png

Staff of Meteors: Rains Inferno Meteors.
v7ONhJA.gif

8apCtd7.png

Orbital Ray: Fires a Smiting Ray of Light.
GJKADR1.gif

KLnibNs.png

Shadow Beam Laser Assualt Rifle: Fires Shadow Beam Lasers.
WP5ZTiz.gif

HLhsjRb.png

Shadow Beam Ray: Heat Ray + Shadow Beam Staff.
cRatYbX.gif
8SGseuG.png

Infusion Seekers: Creates Seeking Projectiles after Hitting an Enemy.
ypv5JCz.gif

3UGut3w.png

Infusion Inferno: Creates a Fiery Inferno After Hitting an Enemy.
HIdhWPL.gif

hm9L8Rh.png

Infusion Fireball: Creates Multiple Fireballs After Hitting an Enemy.
mVXvLoG.gif
mfLN2d4.png

Pull Gun: Allows Flight by Point and Click.
DijKMZk.gif

A Special Thanks to:

- The Creators of Terraria
- The Creators of tAPI
- Modders of these Forums

Additional Information

- Now Doesn't Reference Basemod
- Flame Pillar Projectile Will Damage You Too (until I find a way to fix this)
- All mod projectiles will be unaffected by on hit projectile spawn buffs (It sorta would be... lag fiesta.)
- Please Comment on Thread \(Q-Q\)
- Can take suggestions!

- There will be more fun coming!

Ideas not coming to head. Q-Q
Star Launcher - A Multi-ammo type weapon

Changelog

- WIP Released
Introduced

- Sprites: Summon Weapon That Produce Five, One Hit Sprites that act like Minions; Explode Into Another Projectile After Hitting
- Wisps: Upgraded Sprite, Produces Only One, Lasts a While and Acts Like a Minion
- Bubble Sphere Launcher: Fires a Bubble that Produces Bubbles and Act As A Magnet Sphere
- Tomb Raider: Fires Tombstones at Enemies
- Staff of the Apocalypse: Meteorites fall from the Sky and Spawns Flame Pillars after Landing
- Projectile Buffs: Buffs that Produce Projectiles on Hit for both Ranged and Melee
- Infusion Seekers: Produces Seeking Projectiles after Hit
- Infusion Infernos: Produces A Fiery Inferno after Hit
- Infusion Fireball: Produces Multiple Fireballs after Hit
Changes

- Added and Changed Recipes
- Grenade Shells for Custom Grenades instead of Grenades (Buy From Custom Weapon's Developer)
- Materials Bought from Custom Weapons Developer can Be Made
- Increased Damage on Previous Weapon Installments
- Changed Original "Staff of the Apocalypse" to "Staff of Firestorms"
- Force of Will now Lights Up Area
Introduced

- Pull Gun - Allows You to Fly By Pointing and Shooting in that Direction (noFalldmg effect will not work depending on height and distance you fell if you don't have horseshoe)
- Ancient Bow - Pre-Hardmode bow that Fires an Arrow that Bursts in the Air to Produce an Arrow Rain
- Ichiival - An Upgrade to the Ancient Bow; Fires Bolts of Light that Bursts in the Air to Produce a Light Show Which Bursts into Fireballs
- Shadow Beam Laser Assualt Rifle - Fires a Barrage of Shadow Beam Lasers
- Shadow Beam Ray - Heat Ray + Shadow Beam
- Orbital Ray - An Aerial Descending Laser
- Controllable Saw - A Saw That You Can Control Like a Magic Missile
- Burning Saw - Upgrade to Controllable Saw; Burns Enemies (Hardmode)
- Hallowed Saw - Upgrade to the Burning Saw; Burns, Slows, and Decreases Enemy Defense
- Spectral Saw - Upgrade to the Hallowed Saw; Burns, Slows, Decreases Enemy Defense, and Heals 2 HP Per Hit
- Staff of Meteors - Summons Meteors that Rain Onto Enemies
- Ancient Spear - Pre-Hardmode Spear That Acts Like North Pole
- Gáe Bolg - Upgrade to the Ancient Spear; Fires a Mini Gáe Bolg That Spawns Infernos at Set Intervals; Infernos Spawn Many Spikes

Changes

- Reduced Requirements on Item Recipes
- Changed Some Item Stats
- Weapons of the Apocalypse Huge Boost in Damage
- Force of Will Increases Defense by 10 Points
- Reduced Costs of Materials in Custom Weapon Developer
Expect to see better sprites, better thrown weapon stats, and NPCs using these projectiles on YOU... later on, like much later on. Also some new items. Projectile buffs will not work with custom projectiles!. There will also be nerfs in place for some weapons. It will also be officially moved to the Released section of the forum.

Notes:

- Please report if the item/projectile isn't working as it should, thank you.

Download!

Okay, do I need download both of those or just one?

...what? Don't tell me you hid the items somewhere!! Wait, you wrote about something about an NPC that sells the items, how do I get him?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    571.1 KB · Views: 265
...what? Don't tell me you hid the items somewhere!! Wait, you wrote about something about an NPC that sells the items, how do I get him?

There are no requirements to getting NPC. all you need to do is make a house for him like everybody else.

There are no requirements to getting NPC. all you need to do is make a house for him like everybody else.
ok, thanks
[DOUBLEPOST=1425394180][/DOUBLEPOST]
BTW is there any mod tools? I downloaded one but it says I don't have the mod installed, I think my version is too new(the tool has been discontinued?)

This looks really fun to play around with. A lot of the sprites seem to be recolours though. Mind if I make a few new ones for you and you see if you like them?

This looks really fun to play around with. A lot of the sprites seem to be recolours though. Mind if I make a few new ones for you and you see if you like them?

Thank you, but I would have to decline, as I already have a spriter reworking all of the sprites.

EDIT: What I do need is balancing manager (balancing items/drops).

Last edited:
Yeah, I tried to use that, but it's really confusing to make it work, I recommend you learn without it. That's how I've been doing things from when I started with tAPI modding.
Ok, thanks again. If I manage to make a mod and share it somewhere I'll write special thanks for you somewhere in the mod...

I was gonna have my sharknado army kill you...but then I saw how amazing your mod is and I decided against destroying you with flying death sharks :D

After much contemplation, I will be releasing a version 3.1 (New version with just updating item stats) sometime soonish. Because, wow, I have 2k views! While I'm at it, I'll also put up a custom Wavebank I made a while back if I feel like it.

This mod is honestly insanely cool... Im going to have a lot of fun playing around with this when I get the chance.

Back
Top Bottom