PC 1.3 Achievement Suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may not be able to give some Achievements that are unthought of, but I'd like to contribute some cool names (in my opinion) for the Achievements.

Where Angels Fear to Tread - Defeat the Wall of Flesh
Long Live the King! - Defeat Duke Fishron
Cerebral Mastermind - Defeat the Brain of Cthulhu
Hindsight is 20/20 - Defeat the Eye of Cthulhu
Stay Dead! - Defeat Skeletron
Defeater of Worms - Defeat the Eater of Worlds
Double Trouble - Defeat the Twins
Better than Bees - Defeat the Queen Bee
Weed Whacker - Defeat Plantera
Prime Time! - Defeat Skeletron Prime
Destroyer Destroyer - Destroy the Destroyer
Temple of Terror - Defeat the Golem

Probably not the best, or even necessary. But hey, it's 11 pm and I wanted to be a bit creative!

It happens to everyone ~ Die.
Look at me! ~ Ride a Unicorn on a Stick.
Explorer ~ Explore the whole surface.
Adventurer ~ Explore the whole surface and floating islands.
Everything the light touches is your kingdom ~ Explore the whole map.
Ooh, tricky! ~ Wear copper armor in a vanity slot on top of hardmode armor in PvP.
Murderer ~ Kill another player in PvP.
Assassin ~ Kill five other players in PvP.
Taking Sides ~ Join a team in PvP.

MUST HAVE Achievements for hardcore players:
name: Hoarding disorder! (Achievement consists let's say from several parts)
-place every possible banner in single world
-place every trophy in single world
-place all obtainable weapons on weapon racks in single world
-place all obtainable pieces of armors on mannequins in single world (excluding vanity items that are obtainable only once a year or something)
-etc.

i'm willing to delete my world and start over for that kind of achievement! =]

Attachments

• collection.png
    collection.png
    573.7 KB · Views: 435
Be the Bird: Get the highest tier wings (Fishron Wings).
I'm gonna fight a little guy: Encounter a Pinky.
You shall not pass: Encounter a Tim.
Extinct Mythology: Encounter a Lost Girl.
Mammoth Hunter: Encounter every rare enemy.
I ride tiny things: Use your first mount.
Sanic: Get the fastest speed.

I'll get some achivements items made soon.

Yeah and please don't put achievements that you would get anyway in the game. you have the guide/your (what is the word when you want to do something just because you want to know why? ) for that anyway. i know you made a game but you should watch this anyway:
(great chanel though) please really. those achievements are just skinner boxes and you don't reeeally want that do you?

As a collector I would enjoy any related achievements.

Banners, Trophies, Gold, Weapons, Accessories, Masks, Tools, Vanity, Potions, Crafting Stations, Ammo, Traps, Statues, Paintings, Fishing, Costumes, Ores, Gems, Armor, Candles?, Furniture?.... Seeds? --- Gotta Collect Them All

I really don't care
As I have written this I have read the comment a few before me... I may be a hoarder as well

But in this aspect Terraria excels, there is so much content.

I disagree with that video's assessment of "unavoidable" achievements. They provide an achievement reward for people who actually struggle with "completing" the game. Sure, an achievement for turning on the game is a bit of a joke, but achievements for progressing through the game, i.e., unavoidable to those who DO finish the game, are actually something indicating a mark of status and progress for people who do not or are not normally capable of finishing the game.

Sure, for most of us Terraria fanatics, killing the Wall of Flesh is a bit of a cakewalk, but there are likely tens of thousands of players out there who really struggle with that battle, and recieving an affirmation of success, something they can look back on proudly on their Wall of Accomplishments (new HM boss?!!) can really mean something.

Slime hater - Kill 1000 slimes;
Bomberman - Throw 100 bombs;
Trouble dungeon - Die by dungeon guardian;
Lumberjack - Chop 1,000 trees;
Innocent killer - Kill 50 other players;
MORE LIGHT!!! - Place 500 torches.

Thats all...

Elaborating a bit more on my personal achievement experience . . .

As a self proclaimed achievement addict, I myself divide achievements into 4 categories. These are:

1. Progress based achievements - What that video called "unavoidables", these can range from killing your first enemy to beating the game on the highest difficulty. They are truly gotten "just by playing the game", and they serve as a measurement of how far you have gotten. In Xbox 360 terms, they tend to take up 20-50% of a game's achievements.

2. Grindy achievements - Achievements gotten by doing time consuming or repetitive tasks in increasing quantities; poorly designed ones are often so easy to get that they are practically an "unavoidable" themself, and excessive ones make the game experience miserable (Guitar Hero 4's "earn $1 million" achievement is an example of this, requiring at a minimum that you perfectly play long and tedious songs over a thousand times, or far more if you choose fun songs or aren't an excellent player). These also include so called "completionist" achievements, such as "Collect all of the X" in a game. These don't have to be a bad thing, and can be good in the right circumstances, but are usually somewhat unpopular. They usually take up 10-30% of a game's achievements.

3. Imaginative and Challenge achievements - I chalk these two up in the same category, because they tend to be the most popular types. Imaginative achievements are usually those which require you to do some sort of unusual action or behavior that you might not otherwise do . . . Half-Life 2: The Orange Box has a ton of these. Challenge achievements are pretty obvious, they ask you to do things that are considered particularly difficult, either being optional, or exceeding normal performance . . . this would be like killing the Dungeon Guardian, or fighting Plantera without getting hurt. These also include the occasional "failure" achievement, which I would relegate as a subset of the Imaginative type.

4. Multiplayer achievements - Possibly the most unpopular subset of achievements, almost no one I've ever met LIKES multiplayer oriented achievements. They usually end up being "play for X hours with a partner" or are just co-op variations of the "unavoidable" achievements. The best multiplayer achievements would be ones that fall under the Imaginative/Challenge category as well, but these are extremely rare.

With the exception of Multiplayer achievements, I think every type has its place in a game . . . they each appeal to different types of gamers. What I don't think is ever good is when you try to dedicate a game to just one type, or at the exclusion of a specific type.

Last edited:
Gotta Go Fast: Have Lightning Boots or Frostspark Boots that have a speed-adding modifier
Awkward Conversation: Talk to the Guide after sacrificing him to fight the WoF
We are the Champions: Beat the Lunar Invasion with your friends
King Arthur's Descendant: Kill a Wyvern using Excalibur
King Arthur: Kill five Wyverns using True Excalibur
Deja Vu: Use an item during a boss fight that would only be available post-boss (Say, beating the King Slime wearing one or more piece of Ninja Gear)
Headshot: Kill Skeletron/Skeletron Prime/Dungeon Guardian's head using a gun
Gooey: Kill the King Slime
A True Terrarian: Kill every boss using the Terra Blade
Beautiful Murder: Make a world into the Hallow
Psychopath: Make a world into the Corruption/Crimson
Old-School: Get Cobalt, Mythril, and Adamantite in a world
New and Shiny: Get Palladium, Orichalcum, and Titanium in a world
Which Freddy?: Wear the Top Hat and have Brown Dye on your body and legs, then use the Bladed Glove
How do you like THEM bananas?: Kill an enemy in the Jungle using a Bananarang
I heard you liked luck: Get a Lucky Lucky Horseshoe (actually happened to me on console version)
Hot tub!: Die in lava
Because Logic: Drink a Water Bottle while drowning
Because More Logic: Drink some Bottled Honey while drowning in Honey
You thought that'd help?: Pour a Lava Bucket on yourself while afflicted with the Cursed Inferno debuff
Speed is Key!: Go on Asphalt Blocks with the buff from a Quick Panic Necklace, a Swiftness Potion, Quick Frostspark Boots, Quick Anklet of the Wind, Quick Aglet, the Well Fed buff, wearing a Hallowed Mask and Hallowed Greaves, and the Shadow Breastplate, and a Quick (insert name of speed-increasing accessory and armor from 1.3 here, if none is available, or armor is not better than current equipment, ignore this)
Cthulu's Eyepatch: Defeat the Eye of Cthulu
Corrupt Hero: Defeat the Eater of Worlds
Cthulu's Surgeon: Defeat the Brain of Cthulu
Cthulu's Aid: Defeat both the Eye and Brain of Cthulu
No Allergies: Defeat the Queen Bee
Broken Bones: Defeat Skeletron
Hungry for Death: Defeat the Wall of Flesh
Chewing on Titanium: Defeat the Wall of Flesh without destroying any of the Hungry
Destructive Restorer: Destroy the Destroyer
Cthulu's Sunglasses: Defeat the Twins
Snapped Steel: Defeat Skeletron Prime
Grabbing at Doom: Defeat Plantera
Snapping at Turtles: Defeat Plantera and leave at least one tentacle remaining
Shattered Globe: Defeat the Frost Legion
Lizhahrd Setback: Defeat the Golem
Too Spooky: Pass Wave 15 of the Pumpkin Moon
Completionist: Pass Wave 20 of all wave events
Frozen: Pass Wave 15 of the Frost Moon
Lunar Destroyer: Defeat the Lunar Invasion
Fishy: Defeat Duke Fishron
[Console Achievement] Ocrammed: Defeat Ocram
Savior of Terraria: Defeat all bosses
True King Arthur: Defeat all bosses using the True Excalibur/Excalibur
Shade's Blade: Defeat all bosses using the Night's Edge/True Night's Edge
Halfway to Victory: Get the Terra Blade
Vampire: Have the Bat wings on and use the Vampire Knives
Corruptor: Use Unholy Water
Purified: Use Holy Water
[IF added] Ridiculous: Use the S.D.M.G.
Ice Cold: Open a Frozen Chest
Jungle Knight: Open a Jungle Chest
Corrupt: Open a Corruption Chest
Crimson Knight: Open a Crimson Chest
Spreader of Light: Open a Hallowed Chest
Pure Light: Make the Excalibur
Pure Night: Make the Night's Edge
Pure Sight: Get Binoculars or the Sniper Scope
Pure Might: Deal 100 damage
Pure Fright: Get destroyed by Dungeon Guardian, Skeletron during daytime, or Dungeon Guardian Prime/Destroy Skeletron Prime with the Flamethrower
Pure Flight: Get every set of wings
[Console Version] Pure Blight: Make something with the Souls of Blight
Completionist Prime: Get all the achievements (aside from this one, of course)

Last edited:
Fearless and Fire Ball Much? seem to be asking a bit much, even with a team of 4 people on MP with full on buffs we have to consistently reset the time to reach the final wave. If you simply mean survive the night that's really easy as you can just keep it at wave 1 all night.

Your team of people and the arena must be pretty terrible, because I've reached the last wave of both Invasions alone legit.

And with my 3 other friends we spent ~4 minutes on the last wave of frost moon.

Reference to youtubers: there are references to things not everyone knows all the time.
time based achievements: I think 100 hours is fair.
secret achievements: these exist on PS3 and probably 360, no controversy there.
RNG: the game itself has a lot of RNG, so this would kill pretty much any decent crafting-related achievement.

RNG achievements that don't involve modifiers like get this rare drop like for example the death sickle are fine but if its like make a legendary Terra blade then I don't want to have to waste possibly endless amounts of money getting something that I'll probably stop using just to get a single achievement.

The Insane Farmers
-Collect every Mount
-Collect every summoner staff
-Collect every Pet

I thought about suggesting these, but the problem with them is that you'd have to limit it to be like "every pet as of 1.3", which could become confusing if more pets come out later. Then there's also the collector's edition Rabbit pet, so you'd have to do some sort of pool of items and yeah, just seems like it would be a confusing trophy as time went on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom