NPCs & Enemies Forest Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face it, pre-hardmode events are too rare. Sure there is the blood moon and goblin invasion but it is still not enough. I had an idea that the forest itself starts to become alive. This will not be a random event because i cannot figure out how to balance it.

Instead of random it will be a summoned event. The item in question has a chance to be dropped from a tree when it is cut down rarely. The item is a glowing acorn. It drops only after the dryad and witchdoctor have arrived.

The glowing acorn has to be planted in a forest biome in the dirt in order to begin the event. It is a delayed start however, it starts at 4:30 exactly (Just leave it in the ground until it hits that time)

sentient sapling:
AI:fighter
Damage:20
Max health:55
Defense:7
Kb resist: 30%
Drops: 1 enchanted wood

Gnarled oak:
AI:fighter
Damage:30
Max health: 500
Defense:10
Kb resist:90%
Drops:7-12 enchanted wood
movement is slow

Forest guardian:
AI:unique
Fires a magic projectiles from inside the ground. The projectiles look like glowing roots that rise from the ground. If you are in melee range it do contact damage and swat you away. If you are out of range of both attacks with an attack similar to the leaf blower.
Damage: roots 30, contact/swat 40, leaves 13.
Max health: 3000
Defense:15
Kb resist: 100%
Drops: 60-80 enchanted wood and 45-65 glowing leaves.

Also I was told to make an enemy called "poet tree" any ideas on that?

Infested helmet: 1 defense and +5% summon damage.
Infested armor: 3 armor, +7% summon damage, one more minion.
Infested boots: 2 armor and 5% summon damage and one more minion.
Set bonus: 3 Defense when standing still, one more minion.

Ent helm: 5 defense +7% melee damage
Ent armor 6 defense +7% melee damage
Ent leggings 7 defense +7% melee damage
Set bonus: standing still grants + 6 defense - 40% movement speed.

index.php
sapling grower - This will be a summon item like the staff of the frost hydra. It fires acorns and leaves at nearby enemies. The acorns are affected by gravity but are more powerful than the leaves.

index.php
book of poet-tree - i am thinking of it being a spray of leaves

index.php
ingrown impaler - a spear. I was thinking that it should fire a very short ranged projectile.

Termite rod - the summon item that actually has mobile minions. The termites will be more damaging than the hornet staff but cannot fly or poison.

pqEcvXS.png
Treepeater - a repeater with 23 damage and a use time of 20.

I will add the recipes later if this is a decent idea. If not then i guess it could just be locked.

Anyway this is just an idea.

Thank you to @SilverHexxitFights for sprites. An additional thank you to @Chadwick for additional sprites.

Last edited:
I'm not going to comment on this yet, as it seems a little pointless - other than that gear. I think we could work together to gear it up to something fun and important.

But I will provide you with some sprites.

Is the Book of Poet-tree a early mode leaf blower?

I'm going to assume this is obtained late PHM, this is a bit hard for mid-PHM, where you obtain it.
Maybe make it a bit more late PHM, or maybe sold by the dryad after defeating the WoF, Idk.
googly.gif

I don't want to sound mean, but...
6/10, needs work.
ehh.gif

Last edited:
Oh awesome, today is my lucky day. How does it seem pointless by the way? Not mad, just want to fix it. The leaves in this are a golden color with a faint glow.
Where did i say 5000?

I think Qw2 meant 3000, not 5000. That's the boss creature.

I made three sprites: Sapling Grower (I was thinking of having it be a tree-growing item or a summoning item), Book of Poet-tree, and the Ingrown Impaler (a spear). Here they are, respectively:
Sapling_Grower.png Book_of_Poetry.png Ingrown_Impaler.png

Wouldn't it just be easier to make some summoning weapons without the whole invasion thing? And besides, if you're angling for mid- to late-PHM, we already have Bee Armor there. Putting a summoner armor in early PHM is against the flow of the game, since that's the point that defines what weapons and class style you're going to adopt.
[DOUBLEPOST=1425482952][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think Qw2 meant 3000, not 5000. That's the boss creature.

I made three sprites: Sapling Grower (I was thinking of having it be a tree-growing item or a summoning item), Book of Poet-tree, and the Ingrown Impaler (a spear). Here they are, respectively:
View attachment 34088 View attachment 34090 View attachment 34089
The Sapling Grower looks like @The Hexagonal Donut's Acorn Staff that you made for them, but a little worse. You could replace it...

I dont know, It's kinda useless but could be fun. Also just as a tip its a bad idea to put "I Think" in a suggestion. So i guess 4/10 support.

Sounds cool, but it's gonna need some more loot. Maybe an accessory and/or weapons that inflict a debuff called 'Rigid' and that would make enemies slow and make them stop walking every few seconds or something.
Anyways, I have some sprites left that you could use:
I made this wood armour probably about 1.5 years ago:
rwRc6Rb.png
fJY5l7D.png
3LSQhdl.png
okDVZBr.png

And this treenemy a few months ago, I think:
vpKCkSN.png
See if you can use it for some enemy ;)

Sounds cool, but it's gonna need some more loot. Maybe an accessory and/or weapons that inflict a debuff called 'Rigid' and that would make enemies slow and make them stop walking every few seconds or something.
Anyways, I have some sprites left that you could use:
I made this wood armour probably about 1.5 years ago:
rwRc6Rb.png
fJY5l7D.png
3LSQhdl.png
okDVZBr.png

And this treenemy a few months ago, I think:
vpKCkSN.png
See if you can use it for some enemy ;)
I used the palette of those to make a sprite for an axe. I kinda liked its degree of irony with trees :p
Tree_Chopper.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom