PC 1.3 Achievement Suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3. Imaginative and Challenge achievements - I chalk these two up in the same category, because they tend to be the most popular types. Imaginative achievements are usually those which require you to do some sort of unusual action or behavior that you might not otherwise do . . . Half-Life 2: The Orange Box has a ton of these. Challenge achievements are pretty obvious, they ask you to do things that are considered particularly difficult, either being optional, or exceeding normal performance . . . this would be like killing the Dungeon Guardian, or fighting Plantera without getting hurt. These also include the occasional "failure" achievement, which I would relegate as a subset of the Imaginative type.

while the rest of your ideas are great I don't see the pull of having players kill the Dungeon Guardian its just incredibly tedious and doesn't display any extreme amount of skill. Killing plantera without getting hurt is a much harder achievement and is an actual testament of skill and is the kind of difficulty Id like to see as achievements not have a surplus of gravity potions and a piranha gun.

omg, 58 pages. o_O

...well...

Let's add more, then!

Gravity Hijinks - Die by drowning in Honey while in Reversed Gravity Position.
Launched into Space... Not! - Die by Hitting the a Block in Space in Reversed Gravity Position.
Flanderized Stupidity - Die by drowning and equipped by a Fish Bowl
It's mhe, Mario! - Your character is named "Mario" and he equipped the Plumber Set in his (he cannot be a girl btw) vanity slot.
A Link to the Past - Your character is named "Link" and drew the sword in the mini-quest while having the Hero Set in the vanity slot.
Killed the Messenger - You killed the Travelling Merchant
Lag? Lag. - Have 1 FPS for 10 frames.
Feel the Rainbow...! - Defeated any Boss using all of the following (but not anything else): Rainbow Gun, Rainbow Rod, and Meowmere, while equipped with a Hallowed Set and all Dyes having Intense Rainbow Dye.
Modern-Day Vampire - For 24 hours (meaning 1 in-game hour), from 07:00 until 18:00, either you have Umbrella equipped or you're not within the Dirt Layer or above without a wall or any type of glass wall, excluding Gemspark, Honeyfall, Waterfall, and Lavafall. From 18:00 until 06:59 you must have Vampire Knives equipped at all times. (meaning no mining during the night.)
Demolistionistic Extravagance - Used any items that explode tiles 1000 times. (This includes using ammo of Rocket II.)
Andrew's #1 Fan - Obtained the Green Cap

AFK Maniac - Did not do anything for 2 in-game hours.
AFK Maniac II - Did not do anything for 2 in-game hours, and did not die. A Blood Moon must occur during this time.
AFK Maniac III - Did not do anything for 2 in-game hours, and did not die. A Solar Eclipse must occur during this time.
AFK Maniac IV - Did not do anything for 2 in-game hours, and did not die. The last thing you did must be to use any Hardmode Summoning Item.
AFK Maniac V - Did not do anything after activating the Frost Moon at 19:30, and did not die, nor went Underground, until 07:30.
(Holy crap though, can anyone do this one?!)

World Wide Wired - Activated 4 Teleporters:
(1) goes from at least 20 blocks from the Spawn Point into the Underworld.
(2) goes from at least 20 blocks from the Spawn Point into the Jungle.
(3) goes from at least 20 blocks from the Spawn Point into the Dungeon.
(4) goes from at least 20 blocks from the Spawn Point into Space.

Skipping Lots of Things - Defeated Plantera in 10 in-game minutes after the world was generated.
Skipping Lots and Lots of Things - Defeated Plantera in 1 in-game hour after the world was generated, using a character with default starting items only.

Invincible Wood - Placed Lava in Wood Blocks
Returning the Favor - Killed the Sleeping Angler NPC.
Nothing Too Careful - Attacked a Naturally Spawned Chest at least 10 blocks away 10 times in Hardmode.
Killed On-Screen - Died by a Projectile from an Enemy which was Off-Screen.

The Great Flood - The Entire Dirt Layer is Filled with water.

It needs some challenging achievements, hardly obtainable, for example:
"Demolicious": Kill any type of boss using only consumable explosives

"Teleportation apprentice": Use teleportation potion to appear in one of these areas: Underground Corruption/Underground Crimson/Underground Jungle
"Teleportation master": Use teleportation potion to appear in one of these areas: The entrance to the dungeon/ The Underworld
"Teleportation expert": Use teleportation potion to appear in one of these areas: Beehive/Pyramid/Floating Island/Spider Nest
"Mr.Warp": Obtain all three achievements listed above

"Mr.Herbicide": Kill Plantera using only weapons inflicting poison debuff

"Water domination": Survive under water without breathing for at least 8 minutes without using Neptune's Shell (hint: potions, lifesteal, breath meter's duration lenghtening items)

"Wrecking blow": Slay 20 enemies with just one swing/shot/cast.
"Frenzy": Slay 50 enemies with just one swing/shot/cast
"Kamehameha": Slay 100 enemies with just one swing/shot/cast

"The Terrarian": Obtain all achievements

Last edited:
...well...

Let's add more, then!

-It's mhe, Mario! - Your character is named "Mario" and he equipped the Plumber Set in his (he cannot be a girl btw) vanity slot.
-A Link to the Past - Your character is named "Link" and drew the sword in the mini-quest while having the Hero Set in the vanity slot.
-Lag? Lag. - Have 1 FPS for 10 frames.
-Modern-Day Vampire - For 24 hours (meaning 1 in-game hour), from 07:00 until 18:00, either you have Umbrella equipped or you're not within the Dirt Layer or above without a wall or any type of glass wall, excluding Gemspark, Honeyfall, Waterfall, and Lavafall. From 18:00 until 06:59 you must have Vampire Knives equipped at all times. (meaning no mining during the night.)
-Skipping Lots of Things - Defeated Plantera in 10 in-game minutes after the world was generated.
-Skipping Lots and Lots of Things - Defeated Plantera in 1 in-game hour after the world was generated, using a character with default starting items only.

-did you spell "me" wrong or you want it to be ridiculous?
-did you have to use enchanted sword?
-Not sure that possible on high computer,:merchantsad:
-can't be achieve because you have fastest world record of defeating Wall of flesh in the first day and also you have to wait until night come.
-as above it's can be possible if you can beat Wall of flesh in the first day one mechanical boss on first night two mechanical bosses on second night
and beat plantera at the beginning of third day (wow yrimir would be proud ):red2::red2::red2:

AFK Maniac V - Did not do anything after activating the Frost Moon at 19:30, and did not die, nor went Underground, until 07:30.
(Holy crap though, can anyone do this one?!)
use honey,heart lantern, campfire, slime statue,1 second timer, and wiring :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
:cool::cool::cool: Example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjMP6PTm610:cool::cool::cool:

Cheater - instal Gamiki
Spammer -Spamm suggestions
afk -don't move for 5 minutes

Last edited by a moderator:
Good day Terrarians!

To continue our ongoing efforts to add community suggestions to the game we would like to start taking suggestions for achievements for the new achievement system that will be in the 1.3 PC update! A few of the areas you can think about while submitting your suggestions are; completing events, fishing, crafting, collecting, surviving, etc.

Thanks for your time and continued support of Terraria! You guys rock! :dryadhappy:

I've got some:

Zombie Killer - Kill your first zombie!
The Survivor - Surviving your first night!
Gathering Wood - Chop down your first tree!
Home, sweet home! - Build a house!
An Army - Get all the NPCs!
Serial Killer - Kill all bosses!

etc. etc..

BTW, Can't wait for 1.3 ! So excited! Keep up the good work guys :D

Crazy mean mining machine, obtain the drill mount

My little pony, obtain the unicorn mount

The end or is it? , activate hardmode

Hot cross bunnies, kill 1000 bunnies with a firery great sword.

Fast reflexes, trigger traps (dart or boulder) and move out of the way before they hit you 100 times.

Hard Day's Work - Have the entire inventory (except the hotbar) full of stone.
Stay Awhile and Listen - Complete 10 of the angler's quests.
Deforestation - Cut down all the trees in a single world.
Cutting it Close - Beat the Wall of Flesh at the edge of the underworld.
A Whole Otherworld - Achieve 100% corruption/crimson.

Oh, I just thought of a new one. Sorry if its been mentioned already but I'm not looking through 59 pages. :b

"ABOUT DARN TIME!" -- Find an Enchanted Sword

I feel like this one will drive people insane.. which is why I love it.

Cheater - instal Gamiki
Spammer -Spamm suggestions
afk -don't move for 5 minutes

Double/Triple (and onwards) posting is not allowed here on these forums. Next time, if you would like to add something else to your previous comment that you just made, please use the Edit feature. Thanks.

Nothing Special - House the Guide.
The Price is Right - House the Merchant.
Need a Heal? - House the Nurse.
Confidence is Key - House the Arms Dealer.
Boom. - House the Demolitionist.
Blinking Lights - House the Mechanic.
Tinkering Around - House the Goblin Tinkerer
Love is in the Air - House both the Goblin Tinkerer and the Mechanic.
Errand Boy - House the Angler.
He Smells like Honey - House the Witch Doctor.
Unexpected Guest - House the Clothier.
Hippy - House the Dryad.
Let's Party! - House the Party Girl.
Just a Trim? - House the Stylist.
She only accepts RICH Mahogany - House the Dye Trader.
He'll Help you paint Rainbows - House the Painter.
Where's the Rum? - House the Pirate.
Don't eat me! - House the Truffle.
MAGIC IS REAL! - House the Wizard.
I Hope you're into Steampunk - House the Steampunker.
You won't understand his humor. - House the Cyborg.
Ho ho ho! - House Santa Clause.

Also I think Achievements should only apply to one character. That probably made absolutely no sense to you, so here's an example; Say you have two characters, one is called Joe and the other is called Bob. If you get one achievement on, say, Joe, it wouldn't carry over to Bob. So, if you had all the achievements on one character and you made a new character, the new character would still have no achievements.

Nothing Special - House the Guide.
The Price is Right - House the Merchant.
Need a Heal? - House the Nurse.
Confidence is Key - House the Arms Dealer.
Boom. - House the Demolitionist.
Blinking Lights - House the Mechanic.
Tinkering Around - House the Goblin Tinkerer
Love is in the Air - House both the Goblin Tinkerer and the Mechanic.
Errand Boy - House the Angler.
He Smells like Honey - House the Witch Doctor.
Unexpected Guest - House the Clothier.
Hippy - House the Dryad.
Let's Party! - House the Party Girl.
Just a Trim? - House the Stylist.
She only accepts RICH Mahogany - House the Dye Trader.
He'll Help you paint Rainbows - House the Painter.
Where's the Rum? - House the Pirate.
Don't eat me! - House the Truffle.
MAGIC IS REAL! - House the Wizard.
I Hope you're into Steampunk - House the Steampunker.
You won't understand his humor. - House the Cyborg.
Ho ho ho! - House Santa Clause.

Also I think Achievements should only apply to one character. That probably made absolutely no sense to you, so here's an example; Say you have two characters, one is called Joe and the other is called Bob. If you get one achievement on, say, Joe, it wouldn't carry over to Bob. So, if you had all the achievements on one character and you made a new character, the new character would still have no achievements.
These are almost certainly steam achievements, because they were talking about that before, so its tied to your steam account, rather than character or world.

Fearless and Fire Ball Much? seem to be asking a bit much, even with a team of 4 people on MP with full on buffs we have to consistently reset the time to reach the final wave. If you simply mean survive the night that's really easy as you can just keep it at wave 1 all night.

As for the second post, you don't need corruption to get hallowed armor. also if you mean the "kill all bosses" part, clearly the brain and worm would be an or rather than an and.
for the second post im so used to the reply being at the top so it was on the wrong thing

How bout...

The Pumpking!
Reach wave 15 on the pumpkin moon

True Survivor
Survive 15 full days without dying

Proof
Own every boss trophy

On Top Of The World
Touch the top of the world

OP
Get suffocated by sand

Star Power