Biomes & Nature Revamped Underworld

neoselket

Ice Queen
So right now, the underworld is pretty boring, even in hardmode. I intend to change that.
First off, each layer of the underworld will be twice as high. This means it will have larger and more varied generation. It will also have a second layer, accessed by mining through Magmatic Stone, mineable with an adamantite or titanium pickaxe. Also, the wall of flesh is way stronger.

Current stats

health: 8000
defense: 0(eye) 15(mouth)
10 { (WoF health 75%+) 20 (WoF health 50%+) 30 (WoF health 25%+) 40 (WoF health <25%) } <-hungry

knockback resistance: 100%(wall) -10%(hungry)
damage: 50 melee(eye), 70 melee(mouth), 11-15(laser) {
30 (WoF health 75%+) 45 (WoF health 50%+) 60 (WoF health 25%+) 75 (WoF health <25%) } <-hungry

My stats

health: 10000
defense: 30(mouth) 15(eye) hungry:{
15 (WoF health 75%+) 25 (WoF health 50%+) 35 (WoF health 25%+) 50 (WoF health <25%) }

knockback resistance: 100%(wall) 20%(hungry)
damage: 70 melee(eye) 80 melee(mouth) hungry: {
30 (WoF health 75%+) 45 (WoF health 50%+) 60 (WoF health 25%+) 75 (WoF health <25%) }

6 permanent hungries, take no damage, have no health, but block non-piercing attacks and deal normal hungry damage.
Expels 3 leeches once every 20 seconds, every 10 seconds when below half health.

Once you defeat the wall of flesh, red devils and lava bats will instantly spawn. After defeating the mech bosses, new content would be obtainable in the second layer of the underworld, or the "under" underworld.

First layer

not much is changed here, except that imps have a 1% chance to drop an imp staff.

Second layer

Lava rain

Every now and then, there will be lava rain where lava drops will fall down from the surface of the underworld. it will not be as thick as normal rain or last as long, and it will deal as much contact damage as normal lava and set the player on fire.

Volcano

Volcanoes will spawn occasionally in the "under"underworld, they look like volcanoes and occasionally erupt. erupting does not spawn lava, but it does spawn magmalings.

Thornvine
a brown version of normal vines. deals 20 contact damage.

mobs

Red Devil
Lava Bat

Mighty Demon
health: 280
damage: 60(melee) 40(ranged)
knockback resistance: 25%
defense: 12
drops lava charm(0.5%)

Mighty Voodoo Demon
health: 300
damage: 60(melee) 40(ranged)
knockback resistance: 35%
defense: 14
drops a guide voodoo doll upon death(100%)

Magma slime
health: 180
damage: 40
knockback resistance: 0%
defense: 20
spawns lava upon death(half a block)

Lava imp
health: 200
damage: 60
knockback resistance: 50%
defense: 25
drops imp staff(1%)

Flame serpent
health: 400
damage: 60(head) 30(body) 20(tail)
knockback resistance: 100%
defense: 20(head) 24(body) 36(tail)
drops Bone Serpent Staff(2%)
drops nightstone(20% chance, 5-15)

Magmaling
health: 100
damage: 100
defense: 20
spawns whenever a volcano erupts
looks like a lava slime with tiny jellybean shaped legs.

Inferno Shark
health: 300
damage: 80
knockback resistance: 20%
defense: 10
spawns in lava. a fiery version of normal sharks, drops flamefin(40% chance)

Lava Behemoth
miniboss
health: 3000
damage: 50
defense: 30
spawns rarely in lava in the lower underworld. shoots fireballs at the player. drops fiery core(100%) when killed.

blocks/items

Bone Serpent Staff
summons a bone serpent minion, only one can be active at a time. does not take up other minion slots. disappears after 2 minutes.

Magmite ore

hardmode version of molten ore
spawns a full block of lava when mined

Magmite Bar

crafted with 4 magmite ore and 1 nightstone at an adamantite forge

Magma Helm
crafted with 13 magmite bars and 5 living flame blocks at a mythril anvil
13 defense

Magma Breastplate
crafted with 20 magmite bars at a mythril anvil
20 defense

Magma Leggings
crafted with 15 magmite bars at a mythril anvil
15 defense
set bonus: gives a flame particle effect to the player, melee and ranged attacks give the "on fire!" debuff for 5 seconds, +25% melee damage, prevents taking damage from fire blocks

Flamefin
dropped by inferno sharks
used to craft lavashark

Lavashark
crafted with illegal gun parts, a minishark, a megashark, and 50 souls of might
damage: 21
knockback: 1
velocity: 10
use time: 8(insanely fast)
slightly weaker than a megashark, bullets set enemies on fire, 30% chance to give the "inferno" debuff for 5 seconds

True Fiery Greatsword
crafted with a fiery greatsword, a fiery core, and 50 souls of might at a mythril anvil
50 damage
30 use time
strong knockback
gives the "inferno" debuff for 5 seconds

Fury Ore(from one of my other suggestions, link in my signature) spawns mostly in the lower underworld.

Underworld Chest
Spawns very deep in the dungeon. Works like other biome chests. Contains Phoenix Feather.

Phoenix Feather
Looks like fire feather. Accessory. Prevents life regeneration speed from being reset when taking damage.

That's it so far, sprites and feedback would be welcome!

Last edited:
Ehm... I'm not really sure about this. The WOF is difficult enough as it is, and you just made it much more difficult. Also, your thread is very vague, unorganized, and doesn't explain most of the idea. What do these monsters look like? What's the bone serpent staff and nightstone? What's molten ore? Do you mean hellstone? With the lava rain, it sounds very hard to implement, and whats 'The Surface of the Underworld'? Also, you mention something at the end called 'Fury Ore'. Whats that? This thread was poorly thought out, especially compared to some of the other really good 'Better Underworld' type threads.

Ehm... I'm not really sure about this. The WOF is difficult enough as it is, and you just made it much more difficult. Also, your thread is very vague, unorganized, and doesn't explain most of the idea. What do these monsters look like? What's the bone serpent staff and nightstone? What's molten ore? Do you mean hellstone? With the lava rain, it sounds very hard to implement, and whats 'The Surface of the Underworld'? Also, you mention something at the end called 'Fury Ore'. Whats that? This thread was poorly thought out, especially compared to some of the other really good 'Better Underworld' type threads.

i made the wall of flesh stronger because with the best prehardmode gear, it's kind of a pushover. usually when i fight it, i have full molten armor, a nights edge, and a minishark. i can kill it pretty easily. however, the first time i killed the wall of flesh, i had a flintlock pistol and a light's bane. when the wall of flesh is harder, it will force people to prepare for hardmode more, and actually give them a better chance of survival once hardmode starts.

as for what the monsters look like, they just look like slightly different versions of the normal underworld enemies. the bone serpent staff summons a bone serpent minion, but your right, i should have described it more. nightstone is used to craft magmite armor, which is a hardmode version of molten armor.

the surface of the underworld is the top, the ceiling of ash. the lava rain is just where a bunch of thin drops of lava fall from the ceiling of the underworld, but they only fall from ash blocks. oh, and the fury ore is a reference to one of my other suggestions. and thanks for the feedback.:)

i made the wall of flesh stronger because with the best prehardmode gear, it's kind of a pushover. usually when i fight it, i have full molten armor, a nights edge, and a minishark. i can kill it pretty easily. however, the first time i killed the wall of flesh, i had a flintlock pistol and a light's bane. when the wall of flesh is harder, it will force people to prepare for hardmode more, and actually give them a better chance of survival once hardmode starts.

as for what the monsters look like, they just look like slightly different versions of the normal underworld enemies. the bone serpent staff summons a bone serpent minion, but your right, i should have described it more. nightstone is used to craft magmite armor, which is a hardmode version of molten armor.

the surface of the underworld is the top, the ceiling of ash. the lava rain is just where a bunch of thin drops of lava fall from the ceiling of the underworld, but they only fall from ash blocks. oh, and the fury ore is a reference to one of my other suggestions. and thanks for the feedback.:)

Okay. :D
Anyways, try fixing the capitals and maybe color or bolden some of the words. People always like threads with nice organization.

Okay. :D
Anyways, try fixing the capitals and maybe color or bolden some of the words. People always like threads with nice organization.

Capitalization Isn't My Strong Point. Which Words Exactly Need Capitalized? And Thanks For The Constructive Feedback!

Back
Top Bottom