Weapons & Equip Templite

neoselket

Ice Queen
First off, it's kinda weird how a lot of endgame stuff requires chlorophyte or hallowed bars to craft, like frost and spectre armor. They're changing the frost armor recipe in 1.3, but chlorophyte bars are still used to craft spectre armor.

Templite ore

Spawns underground after the wall of flesh is defeated. can be mined with a picksaw.

Templite bar
crafted with 4 Templite ore at an adamantite or titanium forge
used to make spectre (and maybe turtle and shroomite) armor instead of chlorophyte

Used in the place of hallowed and chlorophyte bars for crafting pumpkin moon medallions and spectre armor.

Templanium Helmet
25 defense
5% increased melee damage and critical strike chance
crafted with 15 templite bars at a mythril or orichalcum anvil

Templanium Mask
20 defense
10% increased melee damage and critical strike chance

Templanium Headgear
20 defense
10% increased melee speed

Templanium Chestplate
20 defense
10% increased melee speed
crafted with 20 templite bars at a mythril or orichalcum anvil

Templanium Leggings
20 defense
10% increased melee damage
crafted with 18 templite bars at a mythril or orichalcum anvil

set bonus(helmet): +20 defense
set bonus(mask): +20% melee damage and critical strike chance
set bonus(headgear) +20% melee speed

Templite Helmet
20 defense
10% increased casting speed

Templite Mask
25 defense
+5% increased magic damage and critical strike chance

Templite Headgear
20 defense
10% increased magic damage and critical strike chance

Templite Chestplate
15 defense
5% increased magic damage, speed, and critical strike chance

Templite Leggings
10 defense
+60 mana

set bonus(helmet): 20% increased casting speed
set bonus(mask): +10 defense
set bonus(headgear):20% increased magic damage

Shroomite Headgear:
20 defense
+5% increased ranged damage and +5% increased ranged critical strike chance

Shroomite Helmet
11 defense
+15% increased ranged speed
+5% increased ranged damage and critical strike chance

Shroomite Mask
+20% ranged damage and critical strike chance

Spectre Hood
+5% magic damage, 4 defense

Templite Sword
80 damage
autoswing
very fast speed(use time 20)
crafted with 13 templite bars at a mythril or orichalcum anvil

Templite Spear
80 damage
autostab
very fast speed(use time 25)
crafted with 13 templite bars at a mythril or orichalcum anvil

Templite Bow
45 damage
autofire
very fast speed(use time 20)

Templite Staff
80 damage
autocast
very fast speed(use time 23)

Templite Arrow
20 damage
crafted with 1 templite bar at a mythril or orichalcum anvil(makes 10)

Templite Bullet
20 damage
crafted with 1 templite bar at a mythril or orichalcum anvil(makes 40)

What Templite would add is generic set bonuses, like the old hardmode armor sets, and Hallowed armor. It would also provide a generic bar(aka ingot) that could be used to craft things that don't really have much connection to hallowed or chlorophyte bars.

Feedback is always appreciated!

Sprites would be welcome, i imagine it to look silvery in color.

I'm not sure if adding another tier to Terraria would change much. No support.

this isn't just another tier, the goal is to give more options for endgame players. these armors allow the player to focus on defense, attack speed, or damage. also, it gives a generic material that other things can be made out of. currently, most endgame items require hallowed or chlorophyte bars, and that doesn't always make sense.

this isn't just another tier, the goal is to give more options for endgame players. these armors allow the player to focus on defense, attack speed, or damage. also, it gives a generic material that other things can be made out of. currently, most endgame items require hallowed or chlorophyte bars, and that doesn't always make sense.
Actually it is a tier. But I'm not supporting this because people know what class they want to be during late hardmode.

Actually it is a tier. But I'm not supporting this because people know what class they want to be during late hardmode.

it is a tier, yes. but it allows players to focus specifically on speed, damage, or defense. right now, ranged only gets to choose between bows, guns, and rockets, and magic gets either lifesteal or damage. and then there's beetle, which has a special ability that charges up. this armor allows people to just get a simple, stat-increasing set bonus, like 1.1 and prehardmode armor. this is for people who don't want a complex set bonus. also, it adds generic arrows and bullets with high damage and no special effects.

it is a tier, yes. but it allows players to focus specifically on speed, damage, or defense. right now, ranged only gets to choose between bows, guns, and rockets, and magic gets either lifesteal or damage. and then there's beetle, which has a special ability that charges up. this armor allows people to just get a simple, stat-increasing set bonus, like 1.1 and prehardmode armor. this is for people who don't want a complex set bonus. also, it adds generic arrows and bullets with high damage and no special effects.
You CAN switch armors out. When you mentioned Shroomite is either arrows, bullets or rockets I want to say that the majority of people will chose one of them.

You CAN switch armors out. When you mentioned Shroomite is either arrows, bullets or rockets I want to say that the majority of people will chose one of them.

by switching armors out, i assume you mean mixing pieces from different sets. but if you do that, you get no set bonus, and your defense will be wonky. and yes, most people will choose one of them, but they don't get any armor that just focuses on defense or speed, just one armor set that only boosts one type of attack and a set bonus that only works when they're suicidally standing still. not a lot of variety. as for mages, they either have lifesteal or high damage, but always low defense. and melee gets either thorns, combo-based higher damage, or defense that has to charge up. however, some people like just having a simple stat-increasing armor.

by switching armors out, i assume you mean mixing pieces from different sets. but if you do that, you get no set bonus, and your defense will be wonky. and yes, most people will choose one of them, but they don't get any armor that just focuses on defense or speed, just one armor set that only boosts one type of attack and a set bonus that only works when they're suicidally standing still. not a lot of variety. as for mages, they either have lifesteal or high damage, but always low defense. and melee gets either thorns, combo-based higher damage, or defense that has to charge up. however, some people like just having a simple stat-increasing armor.
No that was just a "basic" solution. There's almost nobody I know that wants to be all classes. There's really no point much.

No that was just a "basic" solution. There's almost nobody I know that wants to be all classes. There's really no point much.

what do you mean, "all classes"? there's a melee set, and a magic set. and there's also bullets and arrows that have a generic high damage and no special effects.

I don’t see how this is any better than chlorophyte. Chlorophyte has the nifty ability to be farmable. This however, does not. Also I prefer hallowed bars having a use via the pumpkin moon medalion. This would make summoning pumpkin moons a slow and grindy process.

I don’t see how this is any better than chlorophyte. Chlorophyte has the nifty ability to be farmable. This however, does not. Also I prefer hallowed bars having a use via the pumpkin moon medalion. This would make summoning pumpkin moons a slow and grindy process.

ok, what would you change about it? and what do you think of the armors?

ok, what would you change about it? and what do you think of the armors?
Nothing really, I don’t really agree with this suggestion. I’d just lower the ore cost per bar for Chlorophyte. I’m also not a big fan of boring armor bonuses and generic weapons. Come up with something “more interesting” and Then I can give proper feedback.

I’m also not a big fan of boring armor bonuses and generic weapons. Come up with something “more interesting” and Then I can give proper feedback.

that's kind of the entire point of this armor. there are already a bunch of endgame "interesting" armor sets, but the only one that gives simple stat increases is hallowed, which isn't powerful enough for anything past the mech bosses. and why must all armors have a fancy special effect beyond simple stat increases?

A lot in-fact!

im sorry, but you're going to have to be more specific. i do not see how this suggestion has anything to do with people trying to be all classes at once.

that's kind of the entire point of this armor. there are already a bunch of endgame "interesting" armor sets, but the only one that gives simple stat increases is hallowed, which isn't powerful enough for anything past the mech bosses. and why must all armors have a fancy special effect beyond simple stat increases?

im sorry, but you're going to have to be more specific. i do not see how this suggestion has anything to do with people trying to be all classes at once.
You made this suggestion to make a tier that supports all classes, not just one class but all of them.

Because hallowed armor is boring. So is adamantite, mythril, and cobalt. Raw stat armors can be easily achieved through mixing armor sets. As an example, an extremely popular ranger load out is shroomite armor and leggings with a chlorophyte helmet. Gives better raw stats and ammo conservation than pure shroomite. However, you loose the stealth ability and the buffs you get from them.

Back
Top Bottom