Forum Censorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me be totally clear.

If this thread exists for the sole reason to discover ways to circumvent the filter, account action can be expected to follow.

The profanity filter is an OPTIONAL feature for any member that doesn't care to read curse words. If you choose to try to find a way to make them read curse words anyway, you can expect warnings.

Respect the preferences of your fellow members. This isn't censorship, it's customization.

Thanks

They're not trying to circumvent it, they're trying to find offensive sentences that become funny when they go through the filter. Personally I don't understand what such a thread is doing in the "Forum Help & Feedback" section.

Let me be totally clear.

If this thread exists for the sole reason to discover ways to circumvent the filter, account action can be expected to follow.

The profanity filter is an OPTIONAL feature for any member that doesn't care to read curse words. If you choose to try to find a way to make them read curse words anyway, you can expect warnings.

Respect the preferences of your fellow members. This isn't censorship, it's customization.

Thanks
I'm pretty sure it couldn't be clearer what they meant by censorship.

I'm pretty sure that an optional vulgar language filter doesn't fall under any practical definition of censorship.

If the thread is intended as "fun with the filter images", then why is it in this section?

Seriously, not passing judgement here - but I don't understand the point.

I'm pretty sure that an optional vulgar language filter doesn't fall under any practical definition of censorship.

If the thread is intended as "fun with the filter images", then why is it in this section?

Seriously, not passing judgement here - but I don't understand the point.
I... actually have no clue why it's in this section. I swear it used to be in the General subforum.
The point was to post examples of the filter being funny. vOv

I... actually have no clue why it's in this section. I swear it used to be in the General subforum.

It was moved, tho.

Quite a bad predicament.

They're not trying to circumvent it, they're trying to find offensive sentences that become funny when they go through the filter. Personally I don't understand what such a thread is doing in the "Forum Help & Feedback" section.

Here's a :redspin: for explaining that correctly.

I'm not sure how it's "funny".

The filter works in PMs (just tested it); how about anyone that wants to post stuff and snicker at dirty words like 7-year-olds start one and do it there?

Keep in mind that PM's can be reported by a participant.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom