Weapons & Equip Beetle Tools and Weaponry - Giving Beetle Husks some love

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Beetle Husks. The newest and most underused of the post-Plantera materials trio. Out of Shroomite Bars, Beetle Husks, and Ectoplasm, Beetle Husks are the only material that isn't used to make anything outside of armor and a flight accessory. How about we change that?

Let's start with tools. Power tools, to be exact.

<F for the fallen images from TO>
(Sprite by Scironex)
Scarab Drill
210% Pickaxe Power
*Capable of mining Lihzahrd Bricks.
Damage: 42
Knockback: 2.5
Mines about 15% faster than the Picksaw.
Recipe:
Beetle_Husk.png
Beetle Husk (6)
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
Chlorophyte Bar (15)
@ a Hardmode Anvil

xcFC0Q3.png

(Sprite by Scironex)
Scarab Chainsaw
150% Axe Power
Damage: 67
Knockback: 5.5
Recipe:
Beetle_Husk.png
Beetle Husk (6)
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
Chlorophyte Bar (12)
@ a Hardmode Anvil

DxITZdx.png

(Sprite by Scironex)
Scarab Jackhammer
100% Hammer Power
Damage: 54
Knockback: 6.5
Recipe:
Beetle_Husk.png
Beetle Husk (6)
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
Chlorophyte Bar (12)
@ a Hardmode Anvil

Now it's time for weapons! They are all Melee-oriented, in hopes that Shroomite will get some unique Ranged weapons (there's a thread about that here by @stormconure; check it out) and Ectoplasm will get a unique set of Spectre Magic weapons.

(Sprite by Scarecrow)
Scarab Spear
*Polearm
Damage: 61
Knockback: 6.5
Use Time: 23 (2.6 uses/secomd)
*Launches 3 Beetles per swing that seek after enemies enemies.
*Beetles will fly around and attack enemies dealing 2 DPS each for 5 seconds.
Middle ground between the Chlorophyte Partisan and the North Pole.
Recipe:
Beetle_Husk.png
Beetle Husk (8)
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
Chlorophyte Bar (12)
@ a Hardmode Anvil

index.php

(Sprite by Scironex)
Scarab Chakram
*Stacks up to 5.
Damage: 60
Knockback: 8.5
Use Time: 10 (6 uses/sec maximum)
*Will bounce once.
*Homes after enemies after bouncing.
Alternate/counterpart to the Possessed Hatchet. Middle ground between it and Bananarangs.
Recipe:
Beetle_Husk.png
Beetle Husk (6)
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
Chlorophyte Bar (4)
@ a Hardmode Anvil

(This is a stackable Boomerang! Here's another thread about being able to reforge those, if you're interested.)

beetle-breaker-png.126130

(Based off of Scarecrow's sprites)
Beetle Breaker
[Stats pending]

beetle-broadsword-png.126131

(Sprite by Scarecrow)
Beetle Broadsword
[Stats pending]

(Based off of Scironex's sprite)
Beetle Berserker
*Shortsword
Damage: 55
5.5 Knockback
Use Time: 12 (5 uses/second)
*Fires 1-2 Beetles that behave like Bees or Wasps which deal 40% original damage and hit up to 3 times each.
Recipe:
Beetle_Husk.png
Beetle Husk (4)
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
Chlorophyte Bar (8)
@ a Hardmode Anvil.

(Skeptical about Shortswords? Check out this thread and see if you change your mind!)

Enough with the weapons and tools. This is a special utility item. It's a supportive rather than offensive Minion weapon.

(Based off of Scarecrow's sprite)
Beetle Staff
(Originally suggested in another thread, in which I made other suggestions as well. Check it out.)
Summons Titan Beetles which Boost the Summoner's defense.
Each Titan Beetle provides +4 Defense.
Recipe:
Beetle_Husk.png
Beetle Husk (12)
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
Chlorophyte Bar (12)

With this extreme increase in the amount of Beetle Husks required to craft everything, Golem should drop a stack of 5-10 Beetle Husks instead of the usual 4-8.

That's it for the suggestion. Feedback is appreciated! Feel free to leave comments and ask questions.

(Thanks go to Scironex for making this awesome banner!)​

Last edited:
Considering the golem already drops other items, these would make the item pool of the golem way too large and way too rewarding for beating the golem. Also there are 5 melee weapons yet no ranged or magic which is on top of the 2 melee weapons golem drops. I don't think because a material doesn't have a lot of crafting options that it needs to have more.

Considering the golem already drops other items, these would make the item pool of the golem way too large and way too rewarding for beating the golem. Also there are 5 melee weapons yet no ranged or magic which is on top of the 2 melee weapons golem drops. I don't think because a material doesn't have a lot of crafting options that it needs to have more.
This is mostly about brainstorming. Too busy right now to add Ranged and Magic weapons, but I definitely don't think Golem needs 5 different Melee weapons. Giving the developers a handful of items to pick and choose from. (I really want those power tools, though.)

Very interesting idea, the concept is a winner and this is a good solution to the underuse of Beetle Husks, as you stated. I love the presentation and the idea. Supported, of course.

This suggestion is awesome. I always found the lizahrd temple was a little lacking in terms of loot. Besides the picksaw and sun stone if you want to make a celestial stone, none of the items are that helpful in progression, so adding some nice weapons seems pretty cool. The only problem I can see is that this makes all golem-tier melee weapons outdated, so the golem fist and possessed hatchet might as well be removed, or maybe nerfed and added into the pre-hardmode lizahrd temple with the toahd idea you had. (Pre-hardmode lizahrd temple anyone?) Maybe the temple key should last forever and be used to open hardmode lizahrd chests like how the shadow key can open shadow chests, and then pre-hardmode lizahrd chests would contain the nerfed hatchet and fist.

heres a thought, isnt the beetle breaker's damage a bit high? terra blade is 88 and the horseman blade is only 75.

Updated the main post. Power tools are now crafted with Zoomo's Golem materials.
ulg while I like this suggestion I'm not a fan of Zoomos Lizahard suggestion... (mainly his enemy additions as they just don't feel like they belong...)

heres a thought, isnt the beetle breaker's damage a bit high? terra blade is 88 and the horseman blade is only 75.
Terra Blade is twice as fast and shoots beams. Horseman's Blade summons pumpkin heads that deal massive damage.

ulg while I like this suggestion I'm not a fan of Zoomos Lizahard suggestion... (mainly his enemy additions as they just don't feel like they belong...)
Yeah. I'm removing that.

Back
Top Bottom