Story Downternet - A reader-driven story

commands are still closed btw

-------EDIT
Commands are now open again.
For a while I'll be only taking the first command.

Last edited:
New pages!
Commands are still open. First ones I see will be taken.

CA: Wait a little longer just in case and go scare the neighbors.

rsxP67b.png

You think to yourself that maybe your connection isn't back yet, and that you should breathe some fresh air outside. And you could scare your neighbors while you're at it.
>Next.

wQfIfY9.png

If only you actually had neighbors.

You guess you could just walk around the house.
>Next.

IFmnN4L.png

Huh? What's this?
>CA: Investigate stump with harpoon in it.

LiSEYG4.gif

How strange. You don't remember seeing this stump before. And whose harpoon is this? Where did it come from?

It sort of... gives you... unpleasant thoughts.

You... uhm... Perhaps you should back away.
>CA: Take harpoon out of stump and spear an animal with it.

Last edited:
I found the no-neighbors thing amusing, because I used to not have any neighbors either. I lived outside a really small town (as in, it-only-had-one-grocery-store small)...except I lived several miles outside of town, sooooo my nearest neighbor was a mile away. I'm sorry that this is so off-topic.

New pages!
Commands remain open. First ones will be taken.

CA: Take harpoon out of stump and spear an animal with it.

H08OsUc.gif

You refuse without hesitation. You really don't want to take that harpoon. You'd only end up spearing yourself you mean you don't want any accidents.
>CA: Go back inside. Check router.

BtR5BYt.png

You go back inside to check the router and what the :red: is that.

Is that an elf.
>CA: Try to talk to it.

--------------------------------------------------
I found the no-neighbors thing amusing, because I used to not have any neighbors either. I lived outside a really small town (as in, it-only-had-one-grocery-store small)...except I lived several miles outside of town, sooooo my nearest neighbor was a mile away. I'm sorry that this is so off-topic.
It isn't really that off-topic, so I don't mind such comments and whatevers.

Last edited:
New pages!
Commands remain open. First ones will be taken.

CA: Take harpoon out of stump and spear an animal with it.

H08OsUc.gif

You refuse without hesitation. You really don't want to take that harpoon. You'd only end up spearing yourself you mean you don't want any accidents.
>CA: Go back inside. Check router.

BtR5BYt.png

You go back inside to check the router and what the :red: is that.

Is that an elf.
>Try to kill it talk to it.
It isn't really that off-topic, so I don't mind such comments and whatevers.
Okay. I was just making sure--I didn't know if you were supposed to comment other than to add to/review the story.

New pages!
Commands will now be closed until I release the next page. I need to do some planning.

>CA: Realize it's holding the router. Take it and then slap the elf thing.

Vu62KmV.gif

You calmly take the router from the elf and...
>Next.

oQYrrOG.gif

...SLAP THAT MOTHER:red:ER!
>Next.

0rXKqEv.gif

That'll teach it not to steal your precious router. You add the precious to your inventory.

Slapping the elf seems to have released some majyyk. You start feeling a little dizzy.
>Next.

WXKjJao.gif

You black out.
>Next.

Last edited:
New pages!
Commands will now be closed until I release the next page. I need to do some planning.

>CA: Realize it's holding the router. Take it and then slap the elf thing.

Vu62KmV.gif

You calmly take the router from the elf and...
>Next.

oQYrrOG.gif

...SLAP THAT MOTHER:red:ER!
>Next.

0rXKqEv.gif

That'll teach it not to steal your precious router. You add the precious to your inventory.

Slapping the elf seems to have released some majyyk. You start feeling a little dizzy.
>Next.

WXKjJao.gif

You black out.
>Next.
You now appear as an elf... with the elf which had your router! He's trying to use it for his internet- 'cause he blew his up with the reset button.
>Watch helplessly.

You now appear as an elf... with the elf which had your router! He's trying to use it for his internet- 'cause he blew his up with the reset button.
>Watch helplessly.
While I certainly do not want to BREAK YOUR FUN, it would seem that the COMMANDS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED, which means that you are UNABLE TO ENTER COMMANDS. In addition, the LAST COMMAND is ">Next." although it has been STRICKEN THROUGH, which means the FOLLOWING PANEL IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE, and that I am most likely PLANNING or WORKING ON IT. You may consider this situation as some sort of SHORT BREAK or a PLANNING PHASE, or WHATEVER ELSE YOU CAN THINK OF.

You may enter commands once I release the next panel(s). Sorry!

While I certainly do not want to BREAK YOUR FUN, it would seem that the COMMANDS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED, which means that you are UNABLE TO ENTER COMMANDS. In addition, the LAST COMMAND is ">Next." although it has been STRICKEN THROUGH, which means the FOLLOWING PANEL IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE, and that I am most likely PLANNING or WORKING ON IT. You may consider this situation as some sort of SHORT BREAK or a PLANNING PHASE, or WHATEVER ELSE YOU CAN THINK OF.

You may enter commands once I release the next panel(s). Sorry!
Ah, ok.

Oh wow new panels
finally
Commands are now back open. First ones will be taken, as usual.

Next.

Pl282I9.gif
>Next.

bsI22KF.png

You gain consciousness.

And a terrible headache.
>Next.

6OFwokg.png

But your headache will have to pass. For now, you concentrate on where you are right now.

Which isn't home, obviously.

You have absolutely no idea of where you are, and you have no clue how you got there in the first place. You remember slapping an elf, then... Then you don't know. You sort of fell unconscious, you think. Perhaps a good way of finding out would be to explore further and look around for clues.

What will you do?
>CA: Check the contents of the pot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom