Tell me what you think.

• Ja! Das ist sehr gut!

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Nein.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Zygomorph

Spazmatism
Projectiles are just kind of... there, right? They are inseperable from their weapons, pathetic and other words.
Sooooo:
Staff of Choice
48 magic damage
Average knockback

The special thing about this weapon is that you set what projectile to use by pressing a button. A GUI would come up, you would choose the projectle, and the worse projectiles (seed, arrow) take less mana, and vice versa.

Last edited:
... So... it's a magic weapon that fires ranged projectiles...? Color me confused.

Assuming that's correct: I don't see how a projectile can take "less ammo" because they never take more than 1 ammo anyways. Nor are magic weapons supposed to draw from your ammo supply in the first place.
You also haven't really clarified how the ammo damage would affect the base damage. Just tacking on?
Also no crafting recipes/details of obtainment, so I won't harp too much about balance, but we really do need a crafting recipe to see what tier it's in.

In terms of function: Don't really see how it's better than a ranged weapon at all if it still draws from the ammo supply, nor do I really see how it's supposed to help us use different kinds of ammo, because I assume we still have to manually set what ammo it uses... which takes about the same amount of effort as changing the order of ammunition in your ammo slots.

Suggestion really could use more detail/clarification. Try to revise it a bit and I'll check in on it later...

... So... it's a magic weapon that fires ranged projectiles...? Color me confused.

Assuming that's correct: I don't see how a projectile can take "less ammo" because they never take more than 1 ammo anyways. Nor are magic weapons supposed to draw from your ammo supply in the first place.
You also haven't really clarified how the ammo damage would affect the base damage. Just tacking on?
Also no crafting recipes/details of obtainment, so I won't harp too much about balance, but we really do need a crafting recipe to see what tier it's in.

In terms of function: Don't really see how it's better than a ranged weapon at all if it still draws from the ammo supply, nor do I really see how it's supposed to help us use different kinds of ammo, because I assume we still have to manually set what ammo it uses... which takes about the same amount of effort as changing the order of ammunition in your ammo slots.

Suggestion really could use more detail/clarification. Try to revise it a bit and I'll check in on it later...
My bad, I meant mana. Sorry. I'll add it to the OP.

I guess he is talking about choosing between a lot of magic projectiles (fireball, heat ray, rainbow rod wisp, bubbles, etc.) The problem I see with this is that it would make grinding for all the weapons useless. A solution would be adding multiple proyectiles that are unique and only available for this weapon. Regardles of the projectile, if damage, projectile speed, knockback, use time and other stats are constant, then I see no point in this apart from cosmetic...

I think you should develop a bit more your idea, seems remotely interesting, but for now, no support.

Back
Top Bottom