Volcania Blade
24 melee damage
4.5 knockback
fires a short range, flaming wave that deals 19 summon damage
Hellstone_Bar.png
x17,
Chain.png
x4

Edit: Added Volcania Blade & Iceflake Staff!

What did you think of these items? Any suggestions?

Last edited:
But the pupter gloves are useless by them selves
True, but because of how early you can get both of them its better (in my opinion) to have them be intertwined. Plus it makes sense for them to boost summoner abillties while using the puppet strings. I might make it so you gain a smaller boost when the strings are not equiped.

[QUbemn, post: 426618, member: 21711"]True, but because of how early you can get both of them its better (in my opinion) to have them be intertwined. Plus it makes sense for them to boost summoner abillties while using the puppet strings. I might make it so you gain a smaller boost when the strings are not equiped.[/QUOTE]
No accessory should relay on the other to work at all

Why would something available early game be as good as something post-plantera? (pygmy necklace)

Edit: This is a really cool idea though :D

Edit Again: also, the crystal bulwark would be OP if you had all 11 (including bonus minions from accessories in this thread) minions summoned, so maybe it could max out at 14 defense?

Last edited:
Why would something available early game be as good as something post-plantera? (pygmy necklace)

Edit: This is a really cool idea though :D

Hmmm... I could change its effect to boost minion movement and attack speed (like the upgraded version) or make it let you control one of you minions. Then again the effect of the Pygmy necklace can easily be replicated with the summoner potion which is easier to get then the puppeteer strings and lasts 6 minutes

Hmmm... I could change its effect to boost minion movement and attack speed (like the upgraded version) or make it let you control one of you minions. Then again the effect of the Pygmy necklace can easily be replicated with the summoner potion which is easier to get then the puppeteer strings and lasts 6 minutes
someone suggested modifiers for summoner weapons and it got confirmed for the next update, maybe if you find that thread you could make it do something that was in that thread?

I think that the puppet strings are just fine. One thing I will say is that maybe the shield should have diminishing returns for your minion armor bonus.

Yeah, you could get up to +22 defense with tiki and +20 with spooky (over powered?)

Might have to lower the boost to +1 per minion or make it decrease minion damage to balance things...
also, the crystal bulwark would be OP if you had all 11 (including bonus minions from accessories in this thread) minions summoned, so maybe it could max out at 14 defense?
Also would minion turrets (queen spider and frost hydra) count towards the defense count?

I think that the puppet strings are just fine. One thing I will say is that maybe the shield should have diminishing returns for your minion armor bonus.
That's an Interesting idea for the shield, but may be hard to implement since to would have to have different decreases for each type of summoner armor. I might just lower the boost to +1 that way the most you can get as a boost is 11 (with puppeteer strings & summoner potions).

someone suggested modifiers for summoner weapons and it got confirmed for the next update, maybe if you find that thread you could make it do something that was in that thread?
Maybe... but since you have to go out of your way to fish in the jungle enough to get 2 variegated lard fish (not that hard if your a pro fisher, but could be supper annoying if you don't know about fishing stats) I might just give the Pygmy necklace a +5% minon crit chance boost to give it a advantage over the strings.
[DOUBLEPOST=1427257000][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also would minion turrets (queen spider and frost hydra) count towards the defense count?
No, since they are not affected by the players minion count and function very differently than most minions they would not provide the player a boost.

Would a percentage boost to armor be too overpowered?

*whips out calculator*

With that shield in the right conditions a attack with a base damage of 2000 could be reduced to only 340 damage:eek: And that is if the shield boosted defense by 5%.

Edit: the normal damage would be pretty close to this because of the paladins shield (25%) beetle armor (45%) and endurance potion (10%) combo.

Last edited:
I mean a 5-10% boost in defense per minion. Not enough to make spooky armor overpowered but enough to make the other summon sets useful in single combat.

I mean a 5-10% boost in defense per minion. Not enough to make spooky armor overpowered but enough to make the other summon sets useful in single combat.
Oh, I see. Wait, wouldn't that just let you boost your defense by like 55-110%? if it was 5% per minion I guess it would work since you can't use most defensive accessories to make you self take tiny amounts of damage.

Edit: You could still get 100+ defense with tiki armor so it might be best to stick with the +2 pre minion

Back
Top Bottom