Blocks & Decoration Changes to Spiky Ball and Dart Traps

Enjl

Cultist
When I had some time to think during a solar eclipse, farming the enemies with my Spiky Ball Traps hijacked from the Jungle Temple, I asked myself: "Wait.. you get Spiky Balls relatively early in the game, and now they do this much damage?"

So what I propose here is simple: Change the name from the Spiky Ball Traps to Super Spiky Ball Trap.
"But that wouldn't make sense, would it?", you ask.
"Of course not", I respond, "and that's why there are craftable Spiky Ball Traps! Else the others wouldn't be super."

Spiky Ball Trap
Crafted using:
5 Wire
20 Stone
20 Spiky Balls

Damage: 5-12 (reminiscent of Dart Trap)
Use Time: 14

Also found in caverns as a hazard stuck inside the ceiling. Let's make this legit.

With the Spiky Ball Trap now buffed past the Dart Trap in terms of craftability, let's add a crafting recipy for the other trap as well:

Dart Trap
Crafted using:
5 Wire
20 Stone
20 Wooden Arrows
1 Stinger [Idea by @Your Conscience]

Additionally, Super Spiky Balls can be bought from the Goblin Tinkerer after Golem has been defeated. As a straight upgrade to Spiky Balls, the Super variant will deal 50 damage, keeping use time and knockback from the non-super version.

Last edited:
When I had some time to think during a solar eclipse, farming the enemies with my Spiky Ball Traps hijacked from the Jungle Temple, I asked myself: "Wait.. you get Spiky Balls relatively early in the game, and now they do this much damage?"

So what I propose here is simple: Change the name from the Spiky Ball Traps to Super Spiky Ball Trap.
"Of course not", I respond, "and that's why there are craftable Spiky Ball Traps! Else the others wouldn't be super."

Spiky Ball Trap
Crafted using:
5 Wire
20 Stone
15 Spiky Balls

Also found in caverns as a hazard stuck inside the ceiling. Let's make this legit.

With the Spiky Ball Trap now buffed past the Dart Trap in terms of craftability, let's add a crafting recipy for the other trap as well:

Dart Trap
Crafted using:
5 Wire
20 Stone
15 Wooden Arrows (as there are no Poisoned Arrows in the game)

What do you think?
I would suggest using stingers with or instead of the arrows. It would make sense. Otherwise, I think this is a great idea. Support!

Spiky Ball Trap
Crafted using:
5 Wire
20 Stone
15 Spiky Balls

Dart Trap
Crafted using:
5 Wire
20 Stone
15 Wooden Arrows (as there are no Poisoned Arrows in the game)

What do you think?
This really makes sense, actually. Support!

I've added information about purchasable Super Spiky Balls to the OP. They can be bought from the Goblin Tinkerer and deal decent damage to harm hardmode enemies.

Back
Top Bottom