Texture Pack Kais's Tweaxtures!

ItsTheKais

Steampunker
A small series of packs that change a few things each, because it's 2020 and we modularity these days. Now for use with Terraria 1.4's built-in texture pack feature!
Ambition isn't everything in the world of texture packs. If a pack wants to be small, that's still valid!

XTTavGR.png

Kais's Whatever is a series of small packs that only change one or two things apiece. They are as follows:
  • Rainbow Bricks: Changes Rainbow Brick from boring regular bricks into glassy, star-stamped tiles that are definitely not based on any racing games in particular.
  • Crimson Stuff: Retextures the Crimstone Wall as actual Crimstone, instead of Crimtane Ore, and upgrades the Crimson Altar from a formless blob of meat to a construct of bone and gristle that actually looks like an altar.
  • Dart Rifle: Turns the Dart Rifle into a purple lever-action rifle. I liked the classic Dart Rifle and am very much not a fan of the chunky Nerf-looking sprite in 1.4, so this redesign is a compromise that matches the style of the updated Dart Rifle and Dart Pistol sprites.
  • Rudolph: My favorite underloved mount hadn't been updated since it was released in 2014 and it shows, so I gave it a general refresh. Now if only Re-Logic would give it the stat buffing it deserves...
  • Rudolph Generic Reindeer Edition: See previous, but also I switched off the nose so it's a regular reindeer standing in. Can't leave Santa in the lurch, now can we?
How are you supposed to customize yourself properly when your mask is obviously fake?

pxKuMhT.png

This pack makes general improvements to several vanity armor sets, mostly Halloween costumes. Masks that previously didn't completely cover the player's face have either been changed to do so, or removed. It also contains a near-complete resprite of the fox set, because... I mean, look at the preview image! It doesn't even have eye holes, who even wants to look at those dead, unblinking fake eyes?

All affected sets: Cat, fox (halloween AND zoologist's), wolf, space creature, vampire, witch, princess (halloween), panda ears
Well, this certainly is a shocking development! Alarming, even!

jC9XoPW.png

This pack tweaks tons of wiring-related gizmos for visual clarity and consistency.
  • Recolors lots of generic wiring items and tools from red to orange to give them an electrician vibe (and stop them looking like they are for red wires only).
  • Edits the Multicolor Wrench to finally include yellow, and also the new orange wire cutters. Is this too many colors? (no, it isn't)
  • Added a new sprite for the wire item, because the old one is literally just a red rectangle and science can do better.
  • Grates have been given a refresh, so that the open/closed states are much more distinct at a glance, especially in single-tile-width arrangements.
  • Added a visible indicator to the inventory icons of statues that have wiring functionality. No more running to the wiki to see if the statue you found is useful or not!
FZaXaNC.png

So, something I noticed is that after playing Terraria for a while, my ears start aching. And it's not because my headphones don't fit, it's because some sound effects in this game are really shrill.

If you're like me and you wince every time you use a mana crystal, you should give this a shot! It replaces some sound effects with edited versions that have had their edges dulled, so to speak, making Terraria's soundscape that much less grating.

Affected sounds include the teleport sound, mana crystal sound, some particularly loud types of gunshots and lasers, mining "tinks", and some of Mothron's, Mushi Ladybug's, and Moon Lord's voices.

NOTE: "Sound packs" may break if they are enabled after the affected sounds have played in-game. For best results, enable this pack as soon as you launch Terraria!
My packs can also be found on the Steam Workshop here!

Attachments

• kais_easylistening_1_0.zip
    1 MB · Views: 1,747
  • kais_wirefu_1_0.zip
    81.7 KB · Views: 262
  • kais_costumes_1_1.zip
    16 KB · Views: 131
  • kais_we_crimson_1_0.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 49
  • kais_we_dartrifle_1_0.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 50
  • kais_we_rainbowbrick_1_0.zip
    8.7 KB · Views: 46
  • kais_we_rudolph_1_0.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 48
  • kais_we_rudolphgre_1_0.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Kais's Cosatumes missing female varitations.
Look very interestring, I must try it.

Attachments

• Female_Body_80.png
    Female_Body_80.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 1,866
  • Female_Body_94.png
    Female_Body_94.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 1,422
  • Female_Body_96.png
    Female_Body_96.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 1,227
2n0l3qp.png

• Changes the Crimson Altar from an amorphous blob of meat and eyeballs to something that actually resembles an altar.

If I am not wrong, They arent called "Crimson Alters", the proper term is "Demon Alter" and "Flesh Alter"

or is that just me?

EDIT Oct. 17 2020: The original post is archived here. If you're looking for download links for pre-1.4 versions of my packs, they're in here!
A collection of mini packs that tweak just a few textures each - because it's the little things that count! Each mini pack is separate from the others, so you can use all of them or just the ones you like.

These packs contain both .xnb textures for use with vanilla Terraria, and .png textures for use with TCCL.

Check back every now and then, as new packs may be added, and old packs may be updated!

How are you supposed to customize yourself properly when your headpiece is obviously fake?

BXsThm1.png

This pack makes general improvements to several vanity costumes. The two big fixes are that masks now fit properly over player heads, and that tails have been moved to the pants slot. But it doesn't stop there! Obviously, I had to give the Fox a waggy new tail... and the Wolf, a tail to begin with!

Currently, this pack affects the Cat, Fox, Space Creature, and Wolf costumes.
Have you noticed that around half of all ores have the exact same texture, which is also the same as the stone texture? Lame, right? Especially when you use a Spelunker Potion and can't tell the difference between Silver and Platinum...

hgdbxqW.png

This pack introduces some visual variety in ores! By giving new textures to all those samey ores, the caves, crags, and craters of Terraria become much more presentable, and it's also easy to tell similarly-colored ores apart.

Affected ores include Iron, Silver, Gold, Meteorite, Hellstone, Mythril, Adamantite, and Chlorophyte. Some non-ores are also included: Obsidian and Diamond. Other ores are slightly cleaned up, but basically unchanged.
Sometimes you have to fix something so specific that a whole pack for it is overkill!

2n0l3qp.png

This is my "assorted textures" pack, and also sort of my sandbox. Internally, most of my textures started in here before evolving into more focused packs.

It currently does four things:
  • Makes the Crimstone Wall actually look like Crimstone, instead of Crimtane Ore.
  • Changes the Crimson Altar from an amorphous blob of meat and eyeballs to something that actually resembles an altar.
  • Changes Rainbow Brick into glassy, star-stamped tiles inspired by the grands finale of a certain racing game series.
  • Makes Wire Cutters orange instead of red, so they don't match only one wire color.
What else will land here in the future? Even I don't know!
Nothing more satisfying than tidy cables, right...?

eMHwxhg.png

These are more experimental textures, and I'm not completely satisfied with the results, which is why they're in their own pack all by themselves. I attempted to adjust the wire textures so that different color wires in the same tile space ran alongside each other instead of all blending together into one vomit-hued wire, but the way Terraria applies transparency to them makes it less effective than I had hoped (and less effective than the preview image makes it look). Though it's disabled by default, it's still there if you want to give it a try!

>>> DOWNLOAD V1.2 <<<
(Last updated 06 December 2015)
V1.0 (25 March 2015)
V1.1 (27 June 2015)

To install to vanilla Terraria, first make a backup copy of %steamapps%\common\Terraria\Content. Extract these texture packs somewhere away from Terraria's install folder, then copy the contents of each pack's XNB folder into %steamapps%\common\Terraria\Content\Images, merging all folders and overwriting all files when prompted. To uninstall, and before updating the packs, restore the backup copy you made.

To install with TCCL, just extract the file's contents to %steamapps%\common\Terraria\Custom Content, then run TCCL. The texture packs should appear in the packs list, and most of them will already be enabled. Before updating, it's a good idea to delete all the folders in Custom Content that start with "Kais" - this guarantees that you get the latest version!

Last edited:
Since you are here you still haven't updated Kais's Costumes with female version, yes I know currently in game they look same but that doesn't mean you can't just paste maked already animated clothes and rename them from armor_body_(number) to female female_body_(number), I already done it for you (only click on them and save them, nothing too hard).
Currently female character using you Kais's Clothes can end up with two tails than one if I know correctly.
If you want I can make them look different, it isn't too hard to me making female sprited, I makiing them for fun.

Since you are here you still haven't updated Kais's Costumes with female version, yes I know currently in game they look same but that doesn't mean you can't just paste maked already animated clothes and rename them from armor_body_(number) to female female_body_(number), I already done it for you (only click on them and save them, nothing too hard).
Currently female character using you Kais's Clothes can end up with two tails than one if I know correctly.
If you want I can make them look different, it isn't too hard to me making female sprited, I makiing them for fun.
Oops. Thanks for reminding me about that! I actually fixed it a while ago, but forgot to upload it. One moment!

EDIT: Sorted!

Last edited:
Hello, folks! Surprise update!

There are now .xnb texture files, which means these tweaks can now be used in vanilla Terraria! Remember to back up your Content folder before using them. The .png textures are still in the download, so if TCCL for 1.3 ever actually happens, that will still work.

You might want to fix the link to 1.2, it's the same as 1.1

EDIT: Thank you for fixing it, now I can have the nice costumes ^_^

Last edited:
I copied the contents of the costume texture pack folder into the raw content folder, nothing happened. Then i moved the files into the images folder, and this error pops up when i click on singleplayer:
Terraria error 1.PNG
I made sure to move and replace all the files, and i have a backup of the content folder.

I copied the contents of the costume texture pack folder into the raw content folder, nothing happened. Then i moved the files into the images folder, and this error pops up when i click on singleplayer:
View attachment 112333
I made sure to move and replace all the files, and i have a backup of the content folder.
I can't replicate this crash. Try verifying the game cache if you're using the Steam version, and then reapplying the texture packs. (right-click Terraria in the Library, click "properties", then "local files" then "verify integrity of game cache")

Back
Top Bottom