Can't login or register in game

Every time I try to enter /register with a password, it tells me that "We're sorry, but this name is already taken." So if I try to enter /login with username and password, it says, "Invalid password!" What username am I supposed to use, or what password? Nothing is working!

Are you on a server? If so, ask an admin. However, generally speaking, you have to register with a password. The password can not have been used by someone else. Upon logging on with said password, you will probably get some basic commands and rights. The password sticks with your character or IP depending on the server.

Again, ask an admin.

Every time I try to enter /register with a password, it tells me that "We're sorry, but this name is already taken." So if I try to enter /login with username and password, it says, "Invalid password!" What username am I supposed to use, or what password? Nothing is working!

Things you need to learn about TShock:
  • Unlike most online games that kinda manage your account, tshock does not. Its first come, first serve basis. If someone uses your name (and its common) chances are, its time to get a new one.
  • Don't use simple names: Marcus, Jake, joe
  • Your user name is taken, join with a new character.

Things you need to learn about TShock:
  • Unlike most online games that kinda manage your account, tshock does not. Its first come, first serve basis. If someone uses your name (and its common) chances are, its time to get a new one.
  • Don't use simple names: Marcus, Jake, joe
  • Your user name is taken, join with a new character.
Also certain servers let you use any username but you have to login with a different username. "/login antibehroz password" when you char name is xanderboostpack

You should try using an inventory editor to edit your character's name and then re-join the server. Try to use something that isn't too common, like a username or something.

Back
Top Bottom