What misconceptions did you have when you started playing?

Firearrow15

Skeletron
When I first began playing Terraria a couple years ago, my friend that introduced me to the game (and had not much more experience than me) told me that glowsticks were super valuable and used to craft strong gear. He was wrong. Very wrong.

Share you stories! What misconceptions about the game did you have when you began?

That the Corruption chasms were just a fluke in the world generation. And that it spreaded pre-hardmode. And it scared the living :red: out of me. Let me tell you, my first month playing the game I didn't go anywhere near where I knew the Corruption was, thinking it was getting closer the whole time. Later on I actually went all the way over to see how far it had really spread, only to find it to be a tiny speck of a corrupt area. And then I was just like -_-

Of course, the very FIRST time I saw the Corruption, I didn't think much of it. I was just like "ooh some purple poison biome", it wasn't until I really found out what it was on the wiki that I became scared.

EoC is too hard!

He was actually extremley hard for me because I never bothered to dodge/recognize any of his attacks. The only way I could beat him for the first time was when my friend visited me and gave me a Book of Skulls.

When I first started playing 1.1 (cracked, don't judge, I bought it when 1.2 was out) I spawned with a legendary copper shortsword, so I thought I was super OP...

Back
Top Bottom