[Released WIP] Terraria Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good idea is making a duke fishron face and make him charge at you with 6 arms instead of bones make them half of dead fishrons and when the roaring sound happens he turns into a large sharknado and the fishron lazer fires sharks x2 more damage than normal
The fishron cannon fires detonating bubbles x2 the speed
The sharknado saw will try to cut you in 2
The Sharks vice with give you a frozen effect and freeze you in place
The guardian missle launches dungeon guardians at you rapidly after he drops below 1000 HP
The Dukes butt cheeks will launch clouds that will stay in place for 1 minute and will give you severe poison taking 3 damage

That is the fishron oblivion

The good idea is making a duke fishron face and make him charge at you with 6 arms instead of bones make them half of dead fishrons and when the roaring sound happens he turns into a large sharknado and the fishron lazer fires sharks x2 more damage than normal
The guardian missle launches dungeon guardians at you rapidly after he drops below 1000 HP
The Dukes butt cheeks will launch clouds that will stay in place for 1 minute and will give you severe poison taking 3 damage

^ This. (Edit) I just noticed that all but one line start with the letter t...

lol berserker nightmare is way to op to exist. wit op blahs armor u can get to wave 20 on frost moon before midnight. blah plz tell why its soo op

My Ideas for 10.0 Exxo Avalon:

1. Wind sounds, more intense when raining.
2. Lava is more releastic sounding.
3. A new final boss, you can make the name and such.
4. Nil Mode fixed added.
5. Superhardmode makes pre hardmode enemys do 2x more damage.
6. Nil Mode has advance AI for every Aggressive NPC.
7. Dragon Lord Fixed and Re added.
8. Dragon Armor and Weapons. Made from Dragon Scales that Dragon Lord Drops.
9. Soul of Sky, Enemys drop it if they are in the sky.
10. Sky Fortress for loot. Also Dragon Lord Bait in chest.
11. Hell Fortress so players can progress and advance into deeper Superhardmode.
12. A boss that represents the hallow. A challenge that players have to face for the loot.
13. Corruption ore and Bars. Corruption Ore spawns in Corruption, Crimson and Contagion Biomes only.
14. Hallowed Ore. Hallowed Ore spawns in Hallowed Biome only.
15. Corruption Variants of Hallowed tools/weapons except Night's Edge.
16. A more Avalon feel from tconfig so players will still have the memory of the old days
17. Hardmode Mechanical Bosses have a 50% chance of dropping either Corruption or Hallowed Bars.
18. An upgrade for Elemental Excalibur, Name will be Evolution of Excalibur.
19. A black Dungeon Color Variant.
20. Ultra Oblivion's return and is second to Final Boss of Avalon.

Last edited:
I'll go ahead and take some liberties here and shoot down the immediately obvious ones.
This REALLY should go without saying, but seriously, if you're going to suggest these things, actually put something forward. Just saying "a new final boss" helps no one.
This is so wildly impractical I'm amazed Re-Logic is doing it with Expert Mode. The nature of Terraria AI means doing something like this requires editing EVERY SINGLE NPC in the game to tweak their behaviour. For a small indie studio like RE-Logic that's not a huge deal, but still takes a lot of time. For only a few people working on a mod? Yeah, forget about it.
13. Corruption ore and Bars. Corruption Ore spawns in Corruption Biome only.
I personally have no objections to the latter, it's really up to Blah, but the former's completely unnecessary. It's also not compatible with Crimson and Contagion.
16. A more Avalon feel from tconfig so players will still have the memory of the old days
Care to elaborate? This goes back to the whole "putting something forward" thing.
Yes, like Elemental Excalibur needs to be MORE overpowered. Really what we need is more unique melee weapons.
20. Ultra Oblivions return and is second to Final Boss of Avalon.
I'm 99% sure Blah's already stated Ultrablivion isn't coming back. I don't know much about him, as I never played tConfig Avalon, but as far as I know he's literally just an upgraded Oblivion. Not very interesting. (At least the mechs have unique mechanic (no pun intended) changes to them.)

I'll go ahead and take some liberties here and shoot down the immediately obvious ones.

This REALLY should go without saying, but seriously, if you're going to suggest these things, actually put something forward. Just saying "a new final boss" helps no one.

This is so wildly impractical I'm amazed Re-Logic is doing it with Expert Mode. The nature of Terraria AI means doing something like this requires editing EVERY SINGLE NPC in the game to tweak their behaviour. For a small indie studio like RE-Logic that's not a huge deal, but still takes a lot of time. For only a few people working on a mod? Yeah, forget about it.

I personally have no objections to the latter, it's really up to Blah, but the former's completely unnecessary. It's also not compatible with Crimson and Contagion.

Care to elaborate? This goes back to the whole "putting something forward" thing.

Yes, like Elemental Excalibur needs to be MORE overpowered. Really what we need is more unique melee weapons.

I'm 99% sure Blah's already stated Ultrablivion isn't coming back. I don't know much about him, as I never played tConfig Avalon, but as far as I know he's literally just an upgraded Oblivion. Not very interesting. (At least the mechs have unique mechanic (no pun intended) changes to them.)
Your not blah and I talk to blah directly mostly about this stuff. And sometimes he agrees with me. All your doing is stating the Obvious. I am talking 10.0 here so why not put all that work into it. Also corruption bars are compatible with crimson and Contagion because Night's Edge in nature is made from Corruption. And blah could change his mind about Ultra Oblivion. He may have stated that he may not be returning but you never know. Terraria needs an Objective and a Final Boss would be a great Idea. When I said You can name it, I ment Blah... Or you guys! Elemental Excalibur is old and an upgrade would be something totally new. The reason I said "A new Final Boss" Without even thinking about putting some thought into the info about it gives people an open door to ideas about what it should look like, sound like and even do. Sorry about the tconfig feel but tconfig Avalon had this sorta feel to it. Also Corruption stuff would be a good Idea for the looks and the lighting. An Advanced AI for Every Enemy is possible and I know blah can do it. He coded Exxo A lot. He put far more coding work into it than anything like changing every AI.

Your not blah and I talk to blah directly mostly about this stuff. And sometimes he agrees with me. All your doing is stating the Obvious.

Woah, woah, woah there buddy! He/she was just giving there opinion on some of the things you listed. No need to snap at him/her like that. I'm not saying that you're going out of your way to be mean or anything, but the way you opened up in your first sentence made it seem that way. Now don't get me wrong, More stuff in the mod, the better; but some of those ideas are a little lacking with the newish Exxo Avalon version. I'm not saying Blah won't add them, but couple seem a bit too farfetched to get in. Just my opinion.

Desert Beak, Armageddon Slime, Oblivion, and the disabled Dragon Lord.

I won't remove the spectre heal. It's meant to be part of the armor, since it has spectre armor in its recipe. Also, I believe he said it was the weapon Ancient, not the armor xD.

Next version should contain a buffed Oblivion, so be careful after then :p.
Just to take note, there is an unused boss which would appear to be Cataryst retiered. (His name is Blight, and he does a whole crap load of contact damage)

Blahblahbal Can you add 300 items in the mod it had 700 items 700 items+300 items=1000 items!!! and more bosses and Mobs

Last edited:

How about this for a replacement on oblivion for 10.0 Avalon so that oblivion is no skeletron prime clone and instead a hybrid of oblivion and duke fishron so that oblivion can be more interesting. What do you say @blahblahbal

I feel that Duke Fishron is a little forgotten, the only thing the mod does with it is the Razorblade Typhoon being part of the Terraspin. Maybe a sharknado event (I know i'm not really creative) or something along the sorts.

Speaking of weak bosses anyone else find that the armageddon slime is really non threatening with even simple preparations? A simple platform that is like 30 tiles at a sufficient height is enough to really make the fight easy, the only attack you have to deal with is that laser? Maybe make the little slimes able to fly so you cant completely ignore them?

And whats up the the desert beaks laser it occasionally fires that deals like 60 damage to an at content player for that boss?

I'm going to be blunt here: most of these ideas sound awful.

First off, for the Dungeon Guardian launcher, NO. Players aren't invincible. Even with this mod they aren't invincible.

The last one just sounds childish.

The rest of the idea would be good if the boss itself wasn't so unoriginal.

lol berserker nightmare is way to op to exist. wit op blahs armor u can get to wave 20 on frost moon before midnight. blah plz tell why its soo op

To be fair, you're using an Superhardmode flail in a hardmode event.

My Ideas for 10.0 Exxo Avalon:

1. Wind sounds, more intense when raining.
2. Lava is more releastic sounding.
4. Nil Mode fixed added.
5. Superhardmode makes pre hardmode enemys do 2x more damage.
7. Dragon Lord Fixed and Re added.
8. Dragon Armor and Weapons. Made from Dragon Scales that Dragon Lord Drops.
9. Soul of Sky, Enemys drop it if they are in the sky.
10. Sky Fortress for loot. Also Dragon Lord Bait in chest.
11. Hell Fortress so players can progress and advance into deeper Superhardmode.
12. A boss that represents the hallow. A challenge that players have to face for the loot.
13. Corruption ore and Bars. Corruption Ore spawns in Corruption, Crimson and Contagion Biomes only.
15. Corruption Variants of Hallowed tools/weapons except Night's Edge.
17. Hardmode Mechanical Bosses have a 50% chance of dropping either Corruption or Hallowed Bars.
19. A black Dungeon Color Variant.
20. Ultra Oblivion's return and is second to Final Boss of Avalon.

1. Would be nice.
2. I like the current lava sounds.
3. Needs to be elaborated more. Ideas? Stats?
4 + 6. That sounds like a ton of work and is very unrealistic.
5. No thanks.
7. It's hard to make worm-AI enemies function properly 100% of the time, so I don't know if this is realistic or not.
8. Gonna skip this one as it relates to 7.
9. I think Blah is trying to avoid recycling most ideas from tConfig with Source because of 1.2, Armageddon Slime being one of the exceptions because I don't know how else he could work that boss.
10 - 17. See 9.
18. don't know how good Elemental Excalibur is, so can't judge this.
19. That would be nice, too.
20. See 9.

I feel that Duke Fishron is a little forgotten, the only thing the mod does with it is the Razorblade Typhoon being part of the Terraspin. Maybe a sharknado event (I know i'm not really creative) or something along the sorts.

Maybe use the Tsunami and the Flailron in the endgame bow and endgame flail, respectively?

Speaking of weak bosses anyone else find that the armageddon slime is really non threatening with even simple preparations? A simple platform that is like 30 tiles at a sufficient height is enough to really make the fight easy, the only attack you have to deal with is that laser? Maybe make the little slimes able to fly so you cant completely ignore them?

And whats up the the desert beaks laser it occasionally fires that deals like 60 damage to an at content player for that boss?
It's hard to make a boss fight using Slime AI difficult imo.

Also yeah, that Desert Beak laser is really strong, did like 60 damage to me in full Shadow, but he only fired it once at the start of the fight, so I don't know.

He also charges way too fast, it's almost impossible to dodge. Desert Beak's damage and maybe his defense need to be toned down slightly. Also, give him a ton more health. 3500 is too little for being the bridge between Skeletron and the Wall of Flesh, maybe like 5500?

EDIT: I'm a derp and was confusing the edit button for the reply button. Being sick sucks.

Some Ideas.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Octoprawn,
Octopus + Prawn.

A boss with the face of a prawn and the legs/tentacles of an octopus. Enraged Plantera + Skeletron Prime AI.
4 Legs behave like Plantera, crawling towards you, While the other 4 Behave simliarily to Prime's Arms.
Has 3 means of attacking.

Slap with a Tentacle.
Shooting ink blobs which inflict slowness and blindness for 4 seconds while dealing damage.
Ramming into you with its main body, Inflicts poison for 20 seconds while dealing damage.

Summoned by fishing with a Vampiric Shrimp (found in water in the underground Crimson)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teslashield.

Magnet Sphere + Aegis of ages + 5 soul of Avalon. At a tinkering table AND a superhardmode+ Anvil.

Gives you +300% Defence,no knockback and Cursed debuff for 4 seconds.
Also gives you Mana sickness for 15 seconds.

Costs : 300 mana.

Cooldown : 1 second.

Crystal Blast.

Inferno Fork + 50 Crystal Shards + 10 Souls of Avalon. At a tinkering table AND a bookshelf.

Spawns a ''turret'' Much like the Nimbus Rod.
This turret sends out Crystal Shards in random directions continously. Roughly 10 each second. (like the ones which spawn when a crystal shot hits an object, they despawn after half a second or so.)
Each Shard deals 30 dmg.

Turret stays stationary for 1 minute or until another Turret type summon is placed.

Costs : 120 mana

Parasitic Swarm.

Generic Contagion Material X50 + 5 Soul Might + 30 Ectoplasm. at a demon altar (or equivalent)

Spawns a Parasitic Swarm with the AI of a Dungeon Flame Wheel. the swarm is NOT a summon, but a Magical projectile.

Lasts 4 seconds

Costs : 60 Mana

Stellar Torch.

5 Soul of might + 5 Soul of light + 10 living fire block, at a demon altar (or equivalent)

A place able light source Which lights nearby Hostile mobs on fire.
Think Inferno Potion effect, but in a block. no fire ring tough.

Anyone with a decent head on their shoulders is welcome to edit/expand these ideas.
as they are only that, ideas. hopefully one of these ideas has sparked some others imagination.

Last edited:
Some Ideas.

Octoprawn,
Octopus + Prawn.

A boss with the face of a prawn and the legs/tentacles of an octopus. Enraged Plantera + Skeletron Prime AI.
4 Legs behave like Plantera, crawling towards you, While the other 4 Behave simliarily to Prime's Arms.
Has 3 means of attacking.

Slap with a Tentacle.
Shooting ink blobs which inflict slowness and blindness for 4 seconds while dealing damage.
Ramming into you with its main body, Inflicts poison for 20 seconds while dealing damage.

Summoned by fishing with a Vampiric Shrimp (found in water in the underground Crimson)

Teslashield.

Magnet Sphere + Aegis of ages + 5 soul of Avalon. At a tinkering table AND a superhardmode+ Anvil.

Gives you +300% Defence,no knockback and Cursed debuff for 4 seconds.
Also gives you Mana sickness for 15 seconds.

Costs : 300 mana.

Crystal Blast.

Inferno Fork + 50 Crystal Shards + 10 Souls of Avalon. At a tinkering table AND a bookshelf.

Spawns a ''turret'' Much like the Nimbus Rod.
This turret sends out Crystal Shards in random directions continously. Roughly 10 each second. (like the ones which spawn when a crystal shot hits an object, they despawn after half a second or so.)
Each Shard deals 30 dmg.

Turret stays stationary for 1 minute or until another Turret type summon is placed.

Costs : 120 mana

Parasitic Swarm.

Generic Contagion Material X50 + 5 Soul Might + 30 Ectoplasm. at a demon altar (or equivalent)

Spawns a Parasitic Swarm with the AI of a Dungeon Flame Wheel. the swarm is NOT a summon, but a Magical projectile.

Lasts 4 seconds

Costs : 60 Mana

That is cool ideas
[DOUBLEPOST=1428427993][/DOUBLEPOST]
Currently, the Exxo Avalon source mod contains over 500 items
Wait blahblahbal Said 700 items in this mod please update this

Is October prawn tiny because both shrimps and octopi are not that big (< that's what she said) also it's not right to use a shrimp to get a shrimp

Is October prawn tiny because both shrimps and octopi are not that big (< that's what she said) also it's not right to use a shrimp to get a shrimp

and neither are eyes, or worms, that has not stopped terraria tough.
Shrimps and Prawns are different species.
0:18
even more so when the prawn is fused with a octopus and the shrimp is a member of a vampiric clan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom